Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96

Thread: Dems: GOP rooting against America

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Helte/2Skelter View Post
    Unfortunately, you appear to have a little to no knowledge about communism nor socialism.
    Really, you should use the search feature for this. It has been discussed numerous times. Let's go back to the topic now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Dems: GOP rooting against America - Yahoo! News

    But the joyous reaction in some GOP quarters to the International Olympics Committee's snub of Chicago — coupled with the party’s rapid-fire reaction to bad economic data – has some Democrats turning the tables and asking if Republicans are the ones cheering against America now.

    I've been saying this for months. Its obviously that many (not all) in the GOP are rooting for America's failure rather than give any credit to Obama.

    Limbaugh started it with his wishes that Obama and America fail.
    The Limbaughts on this site grabbed hold of his hopes and have been trumping it here ad nauseum.

    As much as I disagreed with GWB and his policies, I never hoped that he would fail, because if he fails, America fails.
    I would rather eat crow and have America succeed than root against my country so that I can spend a minute or two wallowing around in my satisfaction.

    This is a sad commentary on what America has become.
    I am always amused by the desperate efforts of Liberals to suggest that being against Obama's socialist takeover of America is somehow "rooting for America's failure."

    Meanwhile, suffering under the weight of the Obama Administrations and Democrat Congressional failures, unemployment continues to rise, foreclosures are on the rise, GDP continues to wallow in negative territory, the deficit climbs into the stratosphere, the national debt becomes unmanageable and the Liberals want to pretend that this has been GOOD for America.

    The TRUTH is that being against Obama and the morons that infest Congress is an effort to root FOR America, not against her. I am hardly surprised to see Liberals get it all wrong; they seldom if ever get it right.

    We had to listen for 8 years how bad things were under Bush, now we can see what "bad" REALLY means as we watch these morons desperately try to claim that this mess is all the fault of them Republicans in an effort to hide the lies and distortions they used to get elected in the first place.

    Remember the promises? They told America that they would be more fiscally responsible, pay as they go, raise taxes to balance the budget and how they promised Americans that the “porkulus”, excuse me, stimulus package sinking us into a $1.6 trillion deficit would keep unemployment below 8% and create 5,000,000 high paying jobs.

    Yes, this is ALL about Republicans and George Bush.

    One can only wonder how many more months of this asinine criminally irresponsible program we will be asked to wait until the rest of us comprehend what an epoch failure this Administration represents. Obama is going to make the Carter years look like a cake walk.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Helte/2Skelter View Post
    I am assuming you think the USSR, China, North Korea, etc. were socialist or communist?
    I have to laugh at the efforts to re-define what Socialist or Communist means or the efforts to suggest that the "pure" form has never been attempted.

    Unfortunately for the Communist apologizers, there is no such thing as a "pure" form of political ideologies because you cannot ignore the HUMAN factor when it comes to such centralized systems which are why they fail so miserably.

    I have to laugh at the attempts of Socialists to continue to re-invent Socialism in an effort to suggest that it is a better form of political/economic ideology which still has not been tried in its "pure" form.

    Fortunately most of us live in the REAL world and have a collective memory of the epoch failure of such "feel good" social systems and can watch them in their current forms throughout the world fail.

    What amazes me is how anyone with an education and modicum of intelligence about human behavior can continue to argue for such systems or even suggest that they can work.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No one is saying that Obama's plan is the ONLY way for America to succeed. But if you are hoping for bad things to happen to America so that you can rail against Obama....then you are hoping for America to fail.
    Liberals hoped and even claimed that Bush was failing for almost 8 years; they even went as far as suggesting that Bush stole the 2000 elections.

    Only someone wallowing in wishful denial can claim otherwise and for Liberals like you to now come out and wring your hands about those who hope Obama's political career is shortened by the 2010 and 2012 elections is most amusing.

    We had headline after headline about how we had lost Iraq, failed in Iraq and how the unemployment rate REALLY was much higher than the 4.5% reported and how we were in a recession while GDP was at 3.5%.

    The only thing more amusing is watching these same Liberal media organizations and Liberals like you defend the epoch failure that represents Democrats in power now.


  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why would the Republicans cheer that an American city didn't get the Olympics in the first place?
    They didn't; this is another fabrication from Liberals who are desperately trying to defend the epoch failure that represents the Obama Administration.

    What they did do was laugh at Obama's arrogance in presenting his case; it was all about Michelle and Obama rather than about Chicago and America. But then why would they want to attach themselves to a country they hate and continuously ask other nations to forgive and forget for all its past sins?


  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Rev:

    Were you as outraged at how many we lost in Iraq when GWB attended the Beijing Olympics?

    How many posts did you post about that?

    Link?
    Hold on now, if we are going to get this deep in selective outrage and hypocrisy, I am going to need hip waders.

  7. #37
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Liberals hoped and even claimed that Bush was failing for almost 8 years; they even went as far as suggesting that Bush stole the 2000 elections.

    Only someone wallowing in wishful denial can claim otherwise and for Liberals like you to now come out and wring your hands about those who hope Obama's political career is shortened by the 2010 and 2012 elections is most amusing.

    We had headline after headline about how we had lost Iraq, failed in Iraq and how the unemployment rate REALLY was much higher than the 4.5% reported and how we were in a recession while GDP was at 3.5%.

    The only thing more amusing is watching these same Liberal media organizations and Liberals like you defend the epoch failure that represents Democrats in power now.

    Sorry....but in the 8 years that Bush was President, not once did I hope or wish that he would fail.

    Oh....and BTW....Bush didn't "steal" the election. He did however lose the election and was put into power by an activist Supreme Court who's motives in their decision was crystal clear even where their logic was not.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #38
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    They didn't; this is another fabrication from Liberals who are desperately trying to defend the epoch failure that represents the Obama Administration.

    What they did do was laugh at Obama's arrogance in presenting his case; it was all about Michelle and Obama rather than about Chicago and America. But then why would they want to attach themselves to a country they hate and continuously ask other nations to forgive and forget for all its past sins?

    Oh really....How about the fact that the "value voters summit" erupted in applause when they heard that Chicago was eliminated. Conviently overlook much?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #39
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Hold on now, if we are going to get this deep in selective outrage and hypocrisy, I am going to need hip waders.
    Give a single example if you believe that you can.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Dems: GOP rooting against America

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Dems: GOP rooting against America - Yahoo! News

    But the joyous reaction in some GOP quarters to the International Olympics Committee's snub of Chicago — coupled with the party’s rapid-fire reaction to bad economic data – has some Democrats turning the tables and asking if Republicans are the ones cheering against America now.

    I've been saying this for months. Its obviously that many (not all) in the GOP are rooting for America's failure rather than give any credit to Obama.

    Limbaugh started it with his wishes that Obama and America fail.
    The Limbaughts on this site grabbed hold of his hopes and have been trumping it here ad nauseum.

    As much as I disagreed with GWB and his policies, I never hoped that he would fail, because if he fails, America fails.
    I would rather eat crow and have America succeed than root against my country so that I can spend a minute or two wallowing around in my satisfaction.

    This is a sad commentary on what America has become.
    Yea, I bet you never tried to undermine the war in Iraq...not even once.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •