Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 243

Thread: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    I think the issue is the term wingnut, which is insulting and dismissive. Merely being in disagreement with Paul (or any political figure) isn't reason enough to call someone a wingnut (or any other insulting slur). I can list a ton of areas where I disagree with Obama, but that doesn't mean I think he's a wingnut. Even though I disagree with him on many points, I recognize that he's an intelligent, well studied man who has different conclusions.

    If folks who disagree with Paul could say the same without resorting to childish insults, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    I don't even care if people call Paul names, so long as they provide an intellectual argument of some sort to validate their insults.

  2. #202
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Secure Fence Act...Obama...wing-nut.
    More than one issue...

    I like how you latch onto one thing and try and make it look like I am inconsistent. I listed over a dozen issue votes, one does not mean anything alone. Obama did vote for the secure fence, and was wrong to do so, it's a nutty idea that sounds good and makes a few people happy while solving no problems and costing a ton. However, Obama has never sponsored a sanctity of life bill, did not vote against improving the GI Bill or funding for the VA, and so on.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #203
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I don't even care if people call Paul names, so long as they provide an intellectual argument of some sort to validate their insults.
    Except you can accept no intellectual argument. Every argument, no matter how well considered and based on Paul's actions, words, and votes is seen by you as unfair and not intellectually supported. You make a nice claim here, it's too bad that actions are not the same as your words.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    More than one issue...
    None of which you've elaborated upon.

    I like how you latch onto one thing and try and make it look like I am inconsistent.
    YOU latched onto the issue, and you'd still be touting it as evidence of Ron Paul's insanity if I hadn't told you the Messiah voted for it, too.

    I listed over a dozen issue votes, one does not mean anything alone.
    You're the one who singled it out.

    You're the one who made it a demonstration of Ron Paul's wingnut status.

    Now it's irrelevant...fancy that.

    Obama did vote for the secure fence, and was wrong to do so, it's a nutty idea that sounds good and makes a few people happy while solving no problems and costing a ton.
    How do you know that it didn't solve any problems?

    Do you know what the bill sought to accomplish?

    Do you have any evidence that the bill has failed to accomplish its goals?

    However, Obama has never sponsored a sanctity of life bill...
    Why does that make him a wingnut?

    ...did not vote against improving the GI Bill...
    Why does that make him a wingnut?

    ...or funding for the VA, and so on.
    Why does that make him a wingnut?

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except you can accept no intellectual argument. Every argument, no matter how well considered and based on Paul's actions, words, and votes is seen by you as unfair and not intellectually supported. You make a nice claim here, it's too bad that actions are not the same as your words.
    Listing things Ron Paul has voted for and saying it makes him a wingnut is not an intellectual argument.

    I'm plenty receptive to criticisms of Ron Paul, since I disagree with him on several issues, but you haven't offered anything worth discussing.

  6. #206
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Listing things Ron Paul has voted for and saying it makes him a wingnut is not an intellectual argument.

    I'm plenty receptive to criticisms of Ron Paul, since I disagree with him on several issues, but you haven't offered anything worth discussing.
    You are not the least open to criticism of him. All you want is more and more, and never accept what is written. I am not going to spend hours of time researching every tiny detail and documenting all them, you would not accept it any way and I got better things to do with my time. Paul, and Libertarians are way out there politically. When viewed from a more mainstream position, you guys look nutty. I listed plenty of reasons, and you want details on all of them, while never offering anything yourself. It's an easy game to play, and intellectually dishonest. Always ask for more, and then claim victory when the person gets tired of explaining and linking.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are not the least open to criticism of him. All you want is more and more, and never accept what is written. I am not going to spend hours of time researching every tiny detail and documenting all them, you would not accept it any way and I got better things to do with my time. Paul, and Libertarians are way out there politically. When viewed from a more mainstream position, you guys look nutty. I listed plenty of reasons, and you want details on all of them, while never offering anything yourself. It's an easy game to play, and intellectually dishonest. Always ask for more, and then claim victory when the person gets tired of explaining and linking.
    Whatever. I'm crazy then. Go back to your bubble.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are not the least open to criticism of him.
    I'm open to legitimate criticisms... just with a wide-stroke calling him and anyone that thinks like him is 'kooky', is the first step to saying that they are dangerous and should have their voices silenced... that they are talking about dangerous subjects... like the constitution.

    All you want is more and more, and never accept what is written. I am not going to spend hours of time researching every tiny detail and documenting all them, you would not accept it any way and I got better things to do with my time.
    I totally hear you on that, it's almost rediculous especially when it deals with anything that goes against Obama.... it's always denied and the discussion is spent proving that something exists when the real discussion should be whether or not it is desired.



    Paul, and Libertarians are way out there politically. When viewed from a more mainstream position, you guys look nutty.
    You just say that because that's what the mouthpieces you see on the news say just that... if you spent more time researching the details for yourself then reliying on the 'experts' to spoon feed to you how to think, then you'd see that the constitution isn't 'kooky', the intent was to have very limited government... yet both the left and right are all gung ho about creating a huge megolithic federal government...


    I listed plenty of reasons, and you want details on all of them, while never offering anything yourself. It's an easy game to play, and intellectually dishonest. Always ask for more, and then claim victory when the person gets tired of explaining and linking.
    Listen, you might disagree that government should allow the people to retain the power through the cities and states, and the federal government deals with what the constitution tells it to deal with and nothing more... you might disagree with that, but that does not make it crazy to put individual rights protected above and beyond the federal governments attempt at creating a 'collective'... Look at China, that's what happens when you have a hugely powerful ruling class with a subservient lower class system.

  9. #209
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm open to legitimate criticisms... just with a wide-stroke calling him and anyone that thinks like him is 'kooky', is the first step to saying that they are dangerous and should have their voices silenced... that they are talking about dangerous subjects... like the constitution.



    I totally hear you on that, it's almost rediculous especially when it deals with anything that goes against Obama.... it's always denied and the discussion is spent proving that something exists when the real discussion should be whether or not it is desired.





    You just say that because that's what the mouthpieces you see on the news say just that... if you spent more time researching the details for yourself then reliying on the 'experts' to spoon feed to you how to think, then you'd see that the constitution isn't 'kooky', the intent was to have very limited government... yet both the left and right are all gung ho about creating a huge megolithic federal government...




    Listen, you might disagree that government should allow the people to retain the power through the cities and states, and the federal government deals with what the constitution tells it to deal with and nothing more... you might disagree with that, but that does not make it crazy to put individual rights protected above and beyond the federal governments attempt at creating a 'collective'... Look at China, that's what happens when you have a hugely powerful ruling class with a subservient lower class system.
    It's exactly posts like this which is why Libertarians get such a bad rap.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  10. #210
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    It's exactly posts like this which is why Libertarians get such a bad rap.
    Why is that again?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •