Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 243

Thread: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

  1. #191
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, when you made the personal preference of calling him fringe and then defining all fringe as "wingnut". That's not backing your claim, that's merely stating opinion based on personal bias.
    All opinion is personal bias. We have been over that before. Your beliefs in libertarian issues is a personal bias.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    All opinion is personal bias. We have been over that before. Your beliefs in libertarian issues is a personal bias.
    No, I actually pointed out something else. You chose to ignore it. That's it. But whatever, define things as you want. Just don't pretend you were being honest and fair in your assessments and thus were unfairly attacked. You based everything on your personal bias and definitions and thus it is subject to contention and argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #193
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I actually pointed out something else. You chose to ignore it. That's it. But whatever, define things as you want. Just don't pretend you were being honest and fair in your assessments and thus were unfairly attacked. You based everything on your personal bias and definitions and thus it is subject to contention and argument.
    Which is exactly what you are doing. Welcome to the wonderful world of having and expressing political opinions. I have no sympathy for your crying "unfair" since I get much worse much more frequently and much more unfairly.

    I backed up every thing I said in this thread, with sources. You do not care for my opinions, but you cannot argue they are made from ignorance or lack of facts. I am sorry you got your feelings hurt because I called Paul a "wingnut", but my preferred leader is called much worse, much more frequently, and with much less documented reasons.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is exactly what you are doing. Welcome to the wonderful world of having and expressing political opinions. I have no sympathy for your crying "unfair" since I get much worse much more frequently and much more unfairly.

    I backed up every thing I said in this thread, with sources. You do not care for my opinions, but you cannot argue they are made from ignorance or lack of facts. I am sorry you got your feelings hurt because I called Paul a "wingnut", but my preferred leader is called much worse, much more frequently, and with much less documented reasons.
    I'm not making the unfair claim, you are. You are the one bitching that people jumped on you because you called Ron Paul a wingnut. You didn't back up anything. You listed the things he voted for, said you didn't agree with it, labeled it as extreme, and then defined extreme to be "wingnut". That's all. You're the one whining and crying about people jumping on you. But your opinion is open to debate. Don't whine and bitch about people "jumping" on you. When you make arbitrary definitions, you're bound to get people who disagree. Grow up and deal with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #195
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm not making the unfair claim, you are. You are the one bitching that people jumped on you because you called Ron Paul a wingnut. You didn't back up anything. You listed the things he voted for, said you didn't agree with it, labeled it as extreme, and then defined extreme to be "wingnut". That's all. You're the one whining and crying about people jumping on you. But your opinion is open to debate. Don't whine and bitch about people "jumping" on you. When you make arbitrary definitions, you're bound to get people who disagree. Grow up and deal with it.
    I am dealing with it just fine. I find this entirely amusing. The hypocrisy from some of you libertarians is nothing but good fun to me. I did everything asked of me in this thread, and it's still not enough for you guys. "What positions are you against", I list them, "well, that is not good enough, why", so I explain some, and it's still not good enough, and some how not fair to suggest that some one with positions out of the mainstream is somehow extreme and in my opinion, a wingnut.

    Let me ask you a question: what would you consider backing up my dislike of Paul if listing those things he has voted on that I disagree with is not enough?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    I don't care why you dislike him. You point to his voting record, but the entire point is that you've labeled his voting record as extreme. Whether it is or not is subject to personal interpretation, not fact. You then defined extreme to be "wingnut". All I said is that your opinion then becomes subject to debate. That's it, nothing else. You're the one complaining about people jumping on you. I was merely saying it's warranted because you gave subjective opinion and people can disagree with that.

    The fact is for all the bitching people do about their side being beaten up, people come after the libertarians a lot. They point to the fringe of the group, group us all together, and disparage against us based on nothing more than their personal opinion. Fine, but you know if you're going to huck rocks, don't be surprised when a few come back your way. Zyphlin (sp?) exemplified my point best when he made his little rant against us. Libertarians are this, libertarians are that. Y'all talk like this is isolated to us, it's not. Every party has **** like this. But whatever. You can not like Ron Paul for whatever reason. I find his insistence on following the Constitution refreshing. Express what you want, but don't start bitching when you get your own medicine.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #197
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    I think the issue is the term wingnut, which is insulting and dismissive. Merely being in disagreement with Paul (or any political figure) isn't reason enough to call someone a wingnut (or any other insulting slur). I can list a ton of areas where I disagree with Obama, but that doesn't mean I think he's a wingnut. Even though I disagree with him on many points, I recognize that he's an intelligent, well studied man who has different conclusions.

    If folks who disagree with Paul could say the same without resorting to childish insults, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  8. #198
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    I think the issue is the term wingnut, which is insulting and dismissive. Merely being in disagreement with Paul (or any political figure) isn't reason enough to call someone a wingnut (or any other insulting slur). I can list a ton of areas where I disagree with Obama, but that doesn't mean I think he's a wingnut. Even though I disagree with him on many points, I recognize that he's an intelligent, well studied man who has different conclusions.

    If folks who disagree with Paul could say the same without resorting to childish insults, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Hence my post in that thread discussing that, in mine and many other people's opinions, terms like "loony" denote mental illness, not an extreme political position.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, there are less among republicans, who are not my side. Look at the libertarians running to bitch that I dared call Paul a wingnut, despite the fact it is in the title of this thread.
    Responding to inane statements is being bitchy? This IS a political debate forum, you know...

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is exactly what you are doing. Welcome to the wonderful world of having and expressing political opinions. I have no sympathy for your crying "unfair" since I get much worse much more frequently and much more unfairly.

    I backed up every thing I said in this thread, with sources. You do not care for my opinions, but you cannot argue they are made from ignorance or lack of facts. I am sorry you got your feelings hurt because I called Paul a "wingnut", but my preferred leader is called much worse, much more frequently, and with much less documented reasons.
    Secure Fence Act...Obama...wing-nut.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •