Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 243

Thread: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

  1. #181
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    It's been my experience that the most dismissive and rude are the American conservatives and liberals. Libertarians seem to be the only ones to give reasoned responses and not resort to logical fallacies (such as personal attacks and red herrings).
    you mean like "why are you so afraid of freedom"?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  2. #182
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    I never said that there were no stupid libertarians.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #183
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I never said that there were no stupid libertarians.
    The problem is though that most debates with Libertarians(big "L" or little "l") end up with the accusation that I blindly follow Obama and the democrats and liberals, despite the fact that I disagree with Obama on more than one policy item(and he has been a huge disappointment so far), and I have started multiple threads in which I bitch about my own party. The blindly following, or herd mentality argument seems to be a fallback argument of most Libertarians.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #184
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I completely understand, but you have to keep in mind that libertarians tend to be some of the most dismissive and rude people on the internet. I have a feeling that if libertarians stopped insulting people as much as they do, they'd get treated a lot better.
    Yeah, some of them are. I've been called a big government statist (which anyone who's familar with me would know is laughable) by some hardcore libertarians who just want to lash out at ANYONE who disagrees with them on ANY position. Heck, if you dug through my posts you'd find one thread where I really locked horns with just such a arrogant, obnoxious libertarian (Scarecrow Ackbar) But all movements have their share of jerks. As I said libertarian jerks stand out more because its a smaller movement, but there are a number of reasonable libertarian leaning folks here at DP. And we get pissed when we're casually dismissed or lumped in with the crazies and kooks. Just like a reasonable liberal wouldn't want to be automatically lumped in with the lewrockwell and HelloDolly type posters of the world.

    All I ask is folks realize that all libertarians are individuals, with good and bad ones in the mix, and take us each on our own merits and debate politics with courtesy and mutual respect as long as its a two way street. Feel free to abuse the true wing nuts and blind idealogues - no matter what political philosophy they adhere too.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  5. #185
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This GIVE act? Mandatory Public Service | FactCheck.org

    Drinking the koolaid is stupid no matter what side you are on. I really think it is more common on the right, and especially among libertarians, than it is on the left.
    Yes, all of this from a completely objective and unbiased source. "There are kool-aid drinkers all over, but less on my side!!!1!!1!11!!!!!"

    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #186
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yes, all of this from a completely objective and unbiased source. "There are kool-aid drinkers all over, but less on my side!!!1!!1!11!!!!!"

    Actually, there are less among republicans, who are not my side. Look at the libertarians running to bitch that I dared call Paul a wingnut, despite the fact it is in the title of this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #187
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, there are less among republicans, who are not my side. Look at the libertarians running to bitch that I dared call Paul a wingnut, despite the fact it is in the title of this thread.
    I think many disagreed with you. Bitching and disagreeing are hardly the same thing. I already explained to you in that very thread that you and I had very different definitions for the term "loony". Do you consider that to be bitching?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #188
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, there are less among republicans, who are not my side. Look at the libertarians running to bitch that I dared call Paul a wingnut, despite the fact it is in the title of this thread.
    You mean despite the fact you couldn't back it up with anything more than self-imposed definitions.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #189
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You mean despite the fact you couldn't back it up with anything more than self-imposed definitions.
    You mean when I listed a ton of votes he has made? Yeah, that is not backing up my claim...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You mean when I listed a ton of votes he has made? Yeah, that is not backing up my claim...
    No, when you made the personal preference of calling him fringe and then defining all fringe as "wingnut". That's not backing your claim, that's merely stating opinion based on personal bias.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •