Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 243

Thread: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

  1. #131
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    It was corrected before your post. But is that all you have left? Because while I typed out the wrong one, the basic premise of the federal government putting down rebellion remains. If you have nothing else, just move along. We don't need more endless prattle on why your opinions are better and yours should be enforced upon the rest of us regardless of the basic rights of humans (right to life) being violated.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #132
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It was corrected.
    I asked you for a source on your claim :

    Your response was the Second Continental Congress :

    Here is the full text for the Articles Of the Confederation & Perpetual Union :

    Full Text of the Articles of Confederation

    Which one deals with the phasing out and regulations of slavery? The word slavery isn't even mentioned in the document.

    But is that all you have left? Because while I typed out the wrong one, the basic premise of the federal government putting down rebellion remains. If you have nothing else, just move along. We don't need more endless prattle on why your opinions are better and yours should be enforced upon the rest of us regardless of the basic rights of humans (right to life) being violated.
    You're still trying really hard for this line?

    I asked you :

    How do the reproductive choices of others infringe on yours?

    If all you have is your opinion of what constitutes as life and what doesn't then your opinion is irrelevant.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #133
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I asked you for a source on your claim :

    Your response was the Second Continental Congress :

    Here is the full text for the Articles Of the Confederation & Perpetual Union :

    Full Text of the Articles of Confederation
    I told you it was corrected, I wrote down the wrong one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Which one deals with the phasing out and regulations of slavery? The word slavery isn't even mentioned in the document.



    You're still trying really hard for this line?

    I asked you :

    How do the reproductive choices of others infringe on yours?

    If all you have is your opinion of what constitutes as life and what doesn't then your opinion is irrelevant.
    It doesn't affect my rights, I'm already born. It affects the life of the human being carried. All I asked was why your opinion gets to be the one enforced while you completely dismiss my opinion? You haven't answered well enough.Y You did go on some slavery aside and I explained why rebellion is domain of the federal government. So you can continue your transparent dodges, or you can engage in the debate. Choice is yours.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You asked what kind of fence. I provided you with the link to what kind of fence it was. Would you like me to drive over to where you live and read what it says to you too?
    I also asked you if there was anything else included in the bill besides a fence. You didn't answer the question.

    And like the Great Wall of China, Hadrian's Wall, The Berlin wall etc it is a complete failure.
    Really? How has it failed?

    Is this what you do when confronted with your own strawman? That is the belief that people claim Ron Paul is a wingnut because of a single issue?
    You specifically cited the Secure Fence act as an indication of Ron Paul's wing-nuttery. Obama also voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act. So, according to your logic, Obama is, to some degree, a wing-nut.

    Instead of addressing the point you do what you usually do and rant and rave and talk nonsense in a lame attempt to deflect criticism and avoid the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your belief that a stance on the UN like Ron Paul's makes any sense in the 21st century is why you're still thinking about getting drunk and finding smart chicks to screw and I'm more concerned with my finances. If you'd like to ad hom like you usually do you're more then welcome to. I won't play nice this time.
    Uhhhhh...okay?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I told you it was corrected, I wrote down the wrong one.
    The agreement was not that the Federal government agreed on the termination or even terms of slavery but slave trade. It dealt with ending the IMPORTATION of slaves. Which was to be stopped but only 20 years after the ratification of the Constitution.

    Project MUSE - Civil War History - Regulating the African Slave Trade

    Regulating the African Slave Trade Paul Finkelman In 1807 the U.S. Congress passed legislation, which became effective on January 1, 1808, to end all importations of slaves into the United States. Even before that date, Congress had passed a series of laws which prevented Americans from participating in the trade as sailors, ship captains, ship owners, ship builders, or investors in slave trading ventures.
    This is your second try & fail. I'll give you a third shot at proving your own claim :

    Quote Originally Posted by Iraki
    The federal government, in the creation of it, argued and agreed on terms and termination of slavery.
    It doesn't affect my rights, I'm already born. It affects the life of the human being carried.
    So this is all on your opinion of what a human is and isn't?

    All I asked was why your opinion gets to be the one enforced while you completely dismiss my opinion?
    I've explained this to you :

    Me not caring what you do with your life.

    Does not equal :

    Me forcing you to live by my standards of what I think 'life' is and where it begins.

    If I do not want to get a gun. Does it infringe on your right to get one? It does not. Must I really explain why allowing people to have the choice, regardless of what their religious, moral, ethic beliefs are, is the neutral position to take on this matter?

    You haven't answered well enough.
    You refuse to listen to the explanation regarding why not giving a **** about what your beliefs & convictions are as long as you are allowed to practice them on your own terms does not equal forcing people to live by your standards of what is and isn't right.

    You did go on some slavery aside and I explained why rebellion is domain of the federal government. So you can continue your transparent dodges, or you can engage in the debate. Choice is yours.
    You've failed to prove a single point to this date.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #136
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I also asked you if there was anything else included in the bill besides a fence. You didn't answer the question.
    I posted what was included in the Wiki link? Are you having problems reading it? Why don't you tell us what else was included in this bill that would make the difference? Now I'm curious.

    Really? How has it failed?
    How many illegals has it stopped? What percentage of people crossing the border has it stopped?

    You specifically cited the Secure Fence act as an indication of Ron Paul's wing-nuttery. Obama also voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act. So, according to your logic, Obama is, to some degree, a wing-nut.
    And if the argument made by people opposed to Ron Paul was that a single issue made him a wing nut you'd have a point. I've explained why your repetition of this strawman is see through and irrelevant. It is a conglomeration of issues that make people think Ron Paul is not in his right mind.

    It's like when dana claims people think Pat Buchanan is crazy because he's opposed to pornography. And you know.......

    Not because he's hellbent on making American schools into Christian indoctrination centers or because he's a closet racist or because you know he's sexist and thinks women aren't ambitious enough to compete in a capitalist world. It's not because of all of these things put together that he's crazy. It must because of a single issue. Do you not get what people are saying to you yet?

    Instead of addressing the point you do what you usually do and rant and rave and talk nonsense in a lame attempt to deflect criticism and avoid the issue.
    This from the 17 year old who goes into low brow insults when his cult is attacked is R.I.C.H.

    Uhhhhh...okay?
    Don't ad hom if you're going to act stupid after.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #137
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The agreement was not that the Federal government agreed on the termination or even terms of slavery but slave trade. It dealt with ending the IMPORTATION of slaves. Which was to be stopped but only 20 years after the ratification of the Constitution.

    Project MUSE - Civil War History - Regulating the African Slave Trade



    This is your second try & fail. I'll give you a third shot at proving your own claim :
    More deflect and denial. It's like I'm trying to talk to Truth Detector. I already told you, this is just you being stubborn and trying to deflect away again (slavery, BTW, had nothing to do with Ron Paul's notion that the States should have say in abortion laws). The slave trade was given to the Congress, eventually there were movements by the People to end slavery and the trade. Pressure was applied to slave states, they didn't like it. They revolted. The federal government not only had say in the slave trade (interstate commerce), but also in putting down rebellion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So this is all on your opinion of what a human is and isn't?
    No, human is a species. A human fetus is human. You're confusing "human" and "person". What you want to define is "personhood".

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I've explained this to you :

    Me not caring what you do with your life.

    Does not equal :

    Me forcing you to live by my standards of what I think 'life' is and where it begins.

    If I do not want to get a gun. Does it infringe on your right to get one? It does not. Must I really explain why allowing people to have the choice, regardless of what their religious, moral, ethic beliefs are, is the neutral position to take on this matter?
    Deflect and dodge. If you wish to honestly engage in debate, please do. Otherwise this is pointless. This has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You refuse to listen to the explanation regarding why not giving a **** about what your beliefs & convictions are as long as you are allowed to practice them on your own terms does not equal forcing people to live by your standards of what is and isn't right.
    No, you fail to hear. You've set your mind, I said that way before you started launching into your deflections and tangents. Thanks for proving me right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You've failed to prove a single point to this date.
    No, you simply have taken the "donkey" approach, refusing to hear and listen to a position and instead deploy deflection and red herring to get away from topics at hand. You can grow up and debate intelligently, or you can run along. Talking to a brick wall doesn't appeal much to me.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I posted what was included in the Wiki link? Are you having problems reading it? Why don't you tell us what else was included in this bill that would make the difference? Now I'm curious.
    Instead of making me spoon-feed you information like a petulant little child why don't you put on your big-boy pants and read the text of the bill? Aren't you even a little bit curious as to why this bill passed with overwhelming bipartisan support in both the House and the Senate?

    I mean, how can you make claims about the success or merits of such a bill when you don't even know what's in it!?

    Here's the bill, in case you're interested in having an informed opinion:

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...ubl367.109.pdf

    How many illegals has it stopped? What percentage of people crossing the border has it stopped?
    Do YOU know the answer to that question? Do you even know what the bill was supposed to accomplish? If not, how the hell can you claim that it was a failure!? How can you claim anything!?

    And if the argument made by people opposed to Ron Paul was that a single issue made him a wing nut you'd have a point. I've explained why your repetition of this strawman is see through and irrelevant. It is a conglomeration of issues that make people think Ron Paul is not in his right mind.

    It's like when dana claims people think Pat Buchanan is crazy because he's opposed to pornography. And you know.......

    Not because he's hellbent on making American schools into Christian indoctrination centers or because he's a closet racist or because you know he's sexist and thinks women aren't ambitious enough to compete in a capitalist world. It's not because of all of these things put together that he's crazy. It must because of a single issue. Do you not get what people are saying to you yet?
    Is Ron Paul's support of the Secure Fence Act an indication of wing-nuttery? Yes or no?

    This from the 17 year old who goes into low brow insults when his cult is attacked is R.I.C.H.
    YOU'RE the one initiating the attacks. If I've insulted you it's because you deserve it for being such a rude and abrasive asshole.

    Don't ad hom if you're going to act stupid after.
    I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-07-09 at 08:27 PM.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ron Paul had an ample opportunity to present himself to the public and they simply didn't like him. No amount of airtime or exposure is going to change Ron Paul's awkward appearance and presentation, which are two of the most important qualities to the American voter (Re: Obama); sad but true.
    The difference is that while all the other candidates were playing on the crowds emotions and selling themselves like the back of a self-help book (tells you all the miraculous things you'll get out of the book, but never anything of substance), then Ron Paul would get interrupted, called a terrorist, and other rediculous interpretations ... when he was shown on tv his every suggestion was attaked... was called a loon, etc. However, now that he's lost the chance to be president all of a sudden he'll be on the news and his opinions received on an equal merit.

    Obama's campaign was based on his slogans and his imagery... bonus that he received 4 or 5 times the funding from the big banks that benefited the most from the bailouts as Mccain, he was chosen to win and his campaign made it clear he was going to win (after the primaries especially).

    And I don't expect his association with 9/11-truthers-types (Re: You) is going to help him either.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ron Paul received the most campaign funding than any other from active millitary. Anyone that cared anything about the constitution wanted Ron Paul to win... and in the end everyone voted for what they wanted.... and they 'hoped things would change' ... they will change... only probably for the worse.

    Ron Paul does not think the government had anything to do with 9/11, so you should really stop treating him like your group's special guy in Washington. If Ron Paul wasn't so nice he'd tell the Truthers to piss off...
    I don't care what Ron Paul thinks about 9-11... he has a lengthy track record of consistently voting with integrity and sticking to his support of the constitution.

    I knew that there was NO CHANCE that the establishment would risk Ron Paul becoming president, but he represents what people in general want... that's to be left alone by government, getting rid of wasteful programs and thus reducing taxes... paying down the debt, getting rid of the federal reserve, the IRS, bringing home the troops to secure the borders at home instead of securing borders across the ocean.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    The difference is that while all the other candidates were playing on the crowds emotions and selling themselves like the back of a self-help book (tells you all the miraculous things you'll get out of the book, but never anything of substance), then Ron Paul would get interrupted, called a terrorist, and other rediculous interpretations ... when he was shown on tv his every suggestion was attaked... was called a loon, etc. However, now that he's lost the chance to be president all of a sudden he'll be on the news and his opinions received on an equal merit.

    Obama's campaign was based on his slogans and his imagery... bonus that he received 4 or 5 times the funding from the big banks that benefited the most from the bailouts as Mccain, he was chosen to win and his campaign made it clear he was going to win (after the primaries especially).
    That doesn't mean the debates were unfair. It just means the other candidates know how to undermine Ron Paul better than Ron Paul knows how to communicate. He's not slick, he's not eloquent, and he's not aesthetic in anyway, which means he will never be President.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ron Paul received the most campaign funding than any other from active millitary. Anyone that cared anything about the constitution wanted Ron Paul to win... and in the end everyone voted for what they wanted.... and they 'hoped things would change' ... they will change... only probably for the worse.
    Yes, Ron Paul received the most money from military members. I don't see what this has to do with the damaging association of 9/11 Truthers.

    I don't care what Ron Paul thinks about 9-11... he has a lengthy track record of consistently voting with integrity and sticking to his support of the constitution.
    If you're going to support Ron Paul then you should make it a point to leave 9/11 conspiracy theories out of the discussion entirely. That is, if you actually care about the man's reputation or his message...

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •