Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 243

Thread: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

  1. #111
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This depends on YOUR personal beliefs regarding life and not mine. I don't believe humanity starts at conception. I don't believe it's a human being until AFTER the 3rd trimester. You do. That's your perogative if you want to call a fetus, zygote whatever a 'child'. It isn't. But please stay out of people's reproductive choices and tell Mr. Paul to do the same? Thanks.
    First off, I can't stop abortion or make it illegal; the SCOTUS ruled on it and that's the end of that. Secondly, if someone views human life as sacred (and it is human, no matter what you want to try to say, what you're looking for is a definition of "person", not human) then they can't very well stay quiet on an issue which revolves around legalized murder. Maybe instead of you telling me to say out of "reproductive choices", I can tell you to quit endorsing the whole sale murder of humans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It shouldn't have to. Just like the Federal government shouldn't have had to deal with slavery in a perfect world because well, it wouldn't exist in the first place. I mean if States would stop claiming the important things as their right to dictate and regulate like say : slavery, the reproductive choices of women, education, etc then I think people would take this whole 'State's right' thing more seriously.
    Slavery and abortion are very different. There's no doubt about the humanity of the person in slavery. The States were allowed to have slavery as compromise for the Constitution being adopted. It was later rectified. Federal government also doesn't belong in education. Teaching to standardized testing doesn't really behoove anyone.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #112
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The States were allowed to have slavery as compromise for the Constitution being adopted.
    WHAT???

  3. #113
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    First off, I can't stop abortion or make it illegal;
    Are we still talking about what Ron Paul has done? Because I know you're just some irrelevant person on the internet. Ron Paul ran for President and meant what he said about overturning Roe V. Wade.

    the SCOTUS ruled on it and that's the end of that.
    Not according to Ron Paul. They're activist judges according to him and the right to privacy is non-existent.

    Secondly, if someone views human life as sacred (and it is human, no matter what you want to try to say, what you're looking for is a definition of "person", not human) then they can't very well stay quiet on an issue which revolves around legalized murder.
    So abortion is legalized murder now is it? According to who's definition? American laws? Yours? The Bibles? Ron Pauls?

    Maybe instead of you telling me to say out of "reproductive choices", I can tell you to quit endorsing the whole sale murder of humans.
    So your belief that it is murder supersedes mine that it isn't and you have no business in telling people whether or not they should have abortions? Good to know. Now I sure as **** don't want anybody who even remotely looks like Ron Paul as President.

    Slavery and abortion are very different.
    Ah. So in your regards it's okay for states to have control over a man's freedom(taken away solely on the basis of his skin color) and also control over whether his wife has the right to abort or not. Good to know that State's right is racist bull**** covered in regionalism.

    There's no doubt about the humanity of the person in slavery.
    3/5ths was it? Ummm yeah. I think there was some doubt on the part of States. But please tell us all why there was no doubt in the humanity of slaves even though there was an entire war fought AROUND the concept of slavery. Tell us all whether or not the place of black people in America was servitude as some states declared in their reasons for supporting slavery.

    The States were allowed to have slavery as compromise for the Constitution being adopted. It was later rectified. Federal government also doesn't belong in education. Teaching to standardized testing doesn't really behoove anyone.
    Can you tell us why a State government has a right to tell a woman whether or not to abort but the Federal government doesn't?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This kind :

    Secure Fence Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    Ron Paul on the Issues





    Considering the fence is called 'the Secure Fence Act' I doubt they also want to put in snow bunnies.
    You didn't answer my question. What a shocker!

    1,969. You got me. I was off by 31. Makes him 31 miles less insanely crazy or retarded if it makes you feel better.
    The Secure Fence Act (which is what we are talking about) only provides for 700 miles of fence, among other things.

    Pssst. Barack Obama isn't also calling for an investigation on a silly witch hunt of the Fed, claiming some higher knowledge of the 'original intent' of the constitution, calling for going back to the Gold standardin 2009, pulling out of the UN, NATO, NAFTA etc, using his religious beliefs to dictate whether a woman should get an abortion, doing away with the income tax in his first week as President, doing away with the department of education etc. Your strawman seems to think that people claim ONE issue and ONE political opinion make Ron Paul an insane old man living in the 21st century. A group of these does. But if you'd like to believe that wanting to build a fence is all that makes Ron Paul a modern day political luddite. By all means.

    Your blind devotion and inconsistency when it comes to this guy is almost funny. Specially considering your ardent defence of drugs. The same person who thinks the government has no business fighting drug trafficking(his continued attacks on funding for the DEA) is the same guy who won't vote for funding of needle exchange & rehabilitation programs. And then you like a good little Pauldier come on the forum and scream about the wonders claimed by studied regarding what legalizing drugs has done for a 3rd world European irrelevancy like Portugal when the very reason they claim they've had these success is because of government funded needle exchange and rehabilitation programs.

    Then come other issues like his typical Christian refusal to put the 'souls' of goo in a petri dish before that of living human beings simply because he has some silly Dr. Seuss fueled belief that a bunch of cells glued together in a test tube consist of life.

    Aren't you a marine? I mean can you imagine if Ron Paul was a Democrat voting against the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan AND also voting against funding for the troops? The calls of treason and hating the troops would never stop. But we're supposed to let you and a bunch of other internet teenagers tell us that he's some sort of revelation when in reality he's just some old man who's got a grandious sense of self and like a political Jim Jones gets off on telling people he knows what the founders really meant? Like, he was, you know there? Sorry my son. This game of 'one issue' makes Ron Paul crazy you seem to want to play is not one most people will go along with.
    Your glaring double-standard has been exposed so you resort to ad hominem, non-sequiturs, and any other logical fallacy you can think of in order to deflect the issue. Typical...

    Obama the wing-nut!!! Just ask Hat and Redress!

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The joys of being a liberal. If you agree with Obama, you have "drank the koolaid" and "worship your messiah", but speak poorly of ole Ron Paul, and you are just unreasonable and hate the constitution. No one ever gives us credit for actually arriving at our positions in a reasoned manner.
    Yea, that's totally how I operate.

    How many times have I accused you of drinking the koolaid or worshipping the Messiah, Redress?

    How many times have I said you hate the Constitution?

    Anyway, it's obvious that Obama is a wing-nut, otherwise he would've never voted for the Secure Fence Act...am I right?

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. I don't like him because I'm weary of anyone in 21st century politics who wants to pull out of the UN and has fans who see him as 'logical'. Keep grasping.
    You're obsession with the UN is quite comical. Do you think it has some sort of magical powers?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This depends on YOUR personal beliefs regarding life and not mine. I don't believe humanity starts at conception. I don't believe it's a human being until AFTER the 3rd trimester.
    That's because you know nothing about biology. The unborn are alive and possess a unique, diploidic human genome. That means they are human beings.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    WHAT???
    It's true. Ever hear of the 3/5 compromise? I learned about that one in fourth grade...

  9. #119
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You asked why I didn't like Ron Paul. Cited a theory. I explained the reason. His mind lives in the 17th century. You are not satisfied with this reason. What can I do?
    That's not exactly how it went, but whatever. I've come to expect irrationality from the opposition when the subject is Ron Paul

  10. #120
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Wingnuts Unite: Ron Paul Joins Michelle Bachmann in Weirdest Town Hall Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Are we still talking about what Ron Paul has done? Because I know you're just some irrelevant person on the internet. Ron Paul ran for President and meant what he said about overturning Roe V. Wade.
    He could try. I doubt there would be any success there. Legislature that contradicts the SCOTUS will be struck down in now time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Not according to Ron Paul. They're activist judges according to him and the right to privacy is non-existent.
    They are activist judges, but what are you going to do about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So abortion is legalized murder now is it? According to who's definition? American laws? Yours? The Bibles? Ron Pauls?
    Why is it that you can submit your opinion of non-life or un-humanity of the unborn child, yet I can't submit my opinion? Hypocrisy much? Thus of course comes back to your unwillingness to entertain any debate or opinion on the matter. But you'll probably ignore that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So your belief that it is murder supersedes mine that it isn't and you have no business in telling people whether or not they should have abortions? Good to know. Now I sure as **** don't want anybody who even remotely looks like Ron Paul as President.
    It's not "now", you didn't want it from the get go. So nothing's changed. Why is it that you can supersede my opinions, but I can't supersede yours? Hmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah. So in your regards it's okay for states to have control over a man's freedom(taken away solely on the basis of his skin color) and also control over whether his wife has the right to abort or not. Good to know that State's right is racist bull**** covered in regionalism.
    Good to know that intellectually honest debate seems to not be your concern. I never said it was OK. I gave the historical context as to why it was allowed to exist. And why slavery is different than abortion. Slavery was clearly wrong, and the federal government interceded because the rights of the individual were being infringed upon. Now with abortion, it's not the same. You can't make a simple property argument since it can also be argued from a right to life issue. As it stands, this is proper domain of the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    3/5ths was it? Ummm yeah. I think there was some doubt on the part of States. But please tell us all why there was no doubt in the humanity of slaves even though there was an entire war fought AROUND the concept of slavery. Tell us all whether or not the place of black people in America was servitude as some states declared in their reasons for supporting slavery.
    The slaves were human (much like the unborn child), we simply didn't recognize that (much like the unborn child). It was agreed upon that slavery would be phased out of the US. That time came and went, the South tried to renege, we fought a war and rectified the problem. Slavery and abortion are rather different issues though as there's no doubt that a slave is "human", but people will argue the unborn child is not "human". I guess slave owners back in the day would have argued that slaves weren't human. Wait...what was your argument again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Can you tell us why a State government has a right to tell a woman whether or not to abort but the Federal government doesn't?
    Because everything not given to the federal government has been reserved by the People and the States.
    Last edited by Ikari; 10-07-09 at 03:51 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •