Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 395

Thread: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcemen

  1. #21
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    I believe Bush took about 5 years to change strategies in Iraq, I'm gonna give Obama more than 5 days.

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So Obama, had no idea, that McChrystal, his guy, was saying that we were in trouble until 5 days ago?


    You are being far more "over the top" partisan than I am.



    If Bush did this, galavanted all over the world ignoring higher priorities for the olympics and Leno, I'd be all over his poop as well, Like I was for example aggressivly and completley against his bailouts.


    Calling people "hyper-partisan", especially in the manner Obvious child, and you are reaching for, is simply an intellectually lacking tactic that is a highly transparent poor substitution for critical thinking on this issue for the sake of "your guy"....
    So taking more than 5 days to act on a request that is not 5 days time critical is not a big deal.

    People who bitched about Bush for taking vacations when the Iraq was was in progress where being just as idiotic as you are. Nothing Obama is doing reduces his ability to handle Afghanistan. You have no logical argument here, period, at all. That is why you are being over the top hyper-partisan. You are creating an imaginary issue by taking unrelated incidents and trying to suggest that Obama has not taken the time to deal with Afghanistan, which you have no proof or evidence is the case.

  3. #23
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    I believe Bush took about 5 years to change strategies in Iraq....
    ... during which time I'll bet you constantly criticized him for not doing so.

    I'm gonna give Obama more than 5 days.
    Of course you are.
    Obama (D).
    Last edited by Goobieman; 10-01-09 at 12:57 PM.

  4. #24
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    At least they would have died knowing what the mission was. Right now, they are in limbo, while he "Decides" what to do.


    poop or get off the pot.
    so that wouldn't have changed anything

    what do you think Obama would have done except cheer the soldiers and say hello to the gen. while drinking a cup of champagne? Obama isn't the one who decides everything, he's rather a spokeman (I hope it's not a guy hidden in the white house who does the policies about afghanistan, rather than officiers fighting there!)

    . And he isn't gonna make huge policy changes every time he meets a general!

  5. #25
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So Obama, had no idea, that McChrystal, his guy, was saying that we were in trouble until 5 days ago?


    You are being far more "over the top" partisan than I am.



    If Bush did this, galavanted all over the world ignoring higher priorities for the olympics and Leno, I'd be all over his poop as well, Like I was for example aggressivly and completley against his bailouts.


    Calling people "hyper-partisan", especially in the manner Obvious child, and you are reaching for, is simply an intellectually lacking tactic that is a highly transparent poor substitution for critical thinking on this issue for the sake of "your guy"....
    Bush got nailed for reading a book to a school class.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Bush got nailed for reading a book to a school class.
    And it was stupid to do so. Sometimes people on the left bitch about stupid things, sometimes people on the right do. Guess which is the case this time.

  7. #27
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And it was stupid to do so. Sometimes people on the left bitch about stupid things, sometimes people on the right do. Guess which is the case this time.



    Yes its stupid to bitch about troops having to wait until obama gets his chicago olympics head out of his ass to decide what the freaking mission is.


    Your priorities are abhorrent in defense of your God King/.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yes its stupid to bitch about troops having to wait until obama gets his chicago olympics head out of his ass to decide what the freaking mission is.


    Your priorities are abhorrent in defense of your God King/.
    Bull****. There is no evidence that any delay in Obama making a large decision with possible large implications has anything to do with going to lobby for the Olympics.

    Your suggestion that I would defend Obama over our troops is vile and disgusting.

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Bull****. There is no evidence that any delay in Obama making a large decision with possible large implications has anything to do with going to lobby for the Olympics.

    His actions ae clear evidence where his priorities lay.


    Your suggestion that I would defend Obama over our troops is vile and disgusting.


    If the gloves fit....


    You are doing exactly that. You as a vet should be getting pissed about this as I and many others are including other libs and centrists....


    IF you find it vile, ask yourself why am I suggesting this. Is it to get you? (nah, I like you), or is it because you are showing signs of excuse making for your God King, and at the same time, putting him above the troops.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    His actions ae clear evidence where his priorities lay.
    Wrong again. All you are claiming he has done has taken a small portion of his time. he can do more than one thing at once, just as Bush could lead the country while on vacation. This bitch is nothing different than the bitch about Bush's vacations.




    If the gloves fit....


    You are doing exactly that. You as a vet should be getting pissed about this as I and many others are including other libs and centrists....


    IF you find it vile, ask yourself why am I suggesting this. Is it to get you? (nah, I like you), or is it because you are showing signs of excuse making for your God King, and at the same time, putting him above the troops.
    If I felt you had any evidence to support your position, if I felt that Obama was not working for the best interest of the country or the troops, I would be right there bitching with you. Love of our military is not something I believe should superseded by partisanship. I think you are wrong in your premise, which does not make me care for our troops any less, and I am extremely pissed you would even make that accusation. I don't get actually pissed often about things said on this board, but that really does it.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •