Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 395

Thread: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcemen

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you going to throw another one of your temper-tantrums now?
    Read the thread my friend. I have been far less prone to throwing temper tantrums than your buddies ......who have called me a liar (not one lie have I posted) an "Old Man" (guilty as charged) & many other childish rants.
    Me......I'm always calm & cool!

  2. #262
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I love when people bring up the trumped up armor issue. Newsflash: a Hummvee isn't a tank and no matter how much armor you hang on it, or on the body of a soldier, you're not going to make them impregnable. I always taught my soldiers how to avoid getting shot, therefore negating the need for body armor. But, at the end of the day, Bush isn't president anymore. is he?
    Your attempt to avoid eating your own words by ignoring the facts as presented is noted, but unsuccessful.

    You are clearly of the mind that a President should defer to his military leaders' advice/suggestions/recommendations and follow those recommendations without hesitation. This is not only foolish, but incredibly ignorant.

    Beyond this, you stated:

    If the president fails to give the proper support to soldiers on the battlefield, without damn good reason, it could be considered a dereliction of duty. Unless, you can prove otherwise. Can you? Dereliction of duty is an impeachable offense.
    I DID prove that the president (Bush) failed "to give the proper support to soldiers on the battlefield, without damn good reason." Ergo, using your logic, Bush should have been impeached.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Now, I have a question for all you folks who are gung-ho about sending even more troops into Afghanistan.

    Pray tell, where are these people going to come from?

    We've already lowered our recruitment standards and have been accepting people who do not meet the minimum requirements for service. In addition:

    US, UK Public Support for Afghan War Declines

    Soooo, unless you folks are advocating that we initiate a draft....

  3. #263
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post

    You are clearly of the mind that a President should defer to his military leaders' advice/suggestions/recommendations and follow those recommendations without hesitation. This is not only foolish, but incredibly ignorant.
    To do otherwise would be the pinnacle of foolishness. If your doctor told you that you need surgery, are you going to go ask your secretary for a second opinion? Of course not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post

    You are clearly of the mind that a President should defer to his military leaders' advice/suggestions/recommendations and follow those recommendations without hesitation. This is not only foolish, but incredibly ignorant.
    As well as being totally un-American!

  5. #265
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    As well as being totally un-American!
    It's now un-American to listen to the advice of the military on military matters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's now un-American to listen to the advice of the military on military matters?
    No...To accept that advice blindly is though.

  7. #267
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    To do otherwise would be the pinnacle of foolishness. If your doctor told you that you need surgery, are you going to go ask your secretary for a second opinion? Of course not.
    Still refusing to accept that you've been pwnd by your own ignorant comments.

    Noted.

  8. #268
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No...To accept that advice blindly is though.
    Taking the advice of the most qualified people isn't exactly taking the advice, "blindly".


    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Still refusing to accept that you've been pwnd by your own ignorant comments.

    Noted.
    Sorry, but that hasn't happened. What qualifies you to call me ignorant? What unit were you in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #269
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Now, I have a question for all you folks who are gung-ho about sending even more troops into Afghanistan.

    Pray tell, where are these people going to come from?
    We've already lowered our recruitment standards and have been accepting people who do not meet the minimum requirements for service. In addition:

    US, UK Public Support for Afghan War Declines

    Soooo, unless you folks are advocating that we initiate a draft....
    Oh, yeah, BTW:

    Army 3,995 accessions with a goal of 3,900; 102 percent

    Navy 2,719 accessions with a goal of 2,719; 100 percent

    Marine Corps 1,666 accessions with a goal of 1,018; 164 percent

    Air Force 2,162 accessions with a goal of 2,157; 100 percent


    DefenseLink News Release: DoD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for April 2009
    Does that answer your question as to where the people are going to come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforc

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Taking the advice of the most qualified people isn't exactly taking the advice, "blindly".
    Equally qualified people have differing opinions.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •