Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

  1. #11
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    07-19-11 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    205

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I think it could pass a general Senate vote, but not the Finance Committee.
    You think? I would be inclined to think it could only pass if they did it through reconciliation.

  2. #12
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Well, ur right, more Dems voted for the Schumer amendment, but it just failed too:
    This is the media's and right wing definition of "bipartisanship"


    .....all GOP Senators voting against the Democratic bill joined by a handfull of conservative Democrats.


    Do you see why now any liberal talking about "bipartisanship" with these radicals is a sucker of the first order?

  3. #13
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by FlanaganReport View Post
    You think? I would be inclined to think it could only pass if they did it through reconciliation.

    I've heard alot of talk of the Senate Dems hanging together on procedural votes (cloture) and going their own way on the bill substance.

  4. #14
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    This is the media's and right wing definition of "bipartisanship"


    .....all GOP Senators voting against the Democratic bill joined by a handfull of conservative Democrats.


    Do you see why now any liberal talking about "bipartisanship" with these radicals is a sucker of the first order?

    Those Damn Dems are more likely to band up with GOPers than vice versa.

  5. #15
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Rockefeller's Public Option Amendment failed in the SFC:

    "The final vote was 8-15 with 5 Democrats--Conrad, Lincoln, Carper, Bill Nelson, and Chairman Baucus--voting with all Republicans to kill the proposal."

    Rockefeller's Public Option Amendment Fails; Schumer's Public Option Up Next | TPMDC


    This was the 'strong' public option amendment in the finance committee. There's still a Schumer amendment, and a Schumer/Cantwell amendment (other public option versions), and Snowe's triggered public option amendment.


    I am thinking the bill will come out of Finance with no public option
    i'm disappointed. we need a public option.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #16
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm disappointed. we need a public option.

    It's not over yet. Still three places it could be added. Well, four, if you count Snowe's triggered public option.


    The Senate HELP and Finance Commitee bills have to be merged into one bill for the whole Senate to vote on; the HELP Committee has a public option (that was Kennedy's committee).

    If the merged bill doesn't have a public option, one can be voted in by amendment on the Senate floor.

    If the bill does leave the Senate, one can be conferenced in during the conference committee when they merge the House and Senate bills. The House bill will have a public option, so it's still possible to be added to the conference report.

  7. #17
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    It's not over yet. Still three places it could be added. Well, four, if you count Snowe's triggered public option.


    The Senate HELP and Finance Commitee bills have to be merged into one bill for the whole Senate to vote on; the HELP Committee has a public option (that was Kennedy's committee).

    If the merged bill doesn't have a public option, one can be voted in by amendment on the Senate floor.

    If the bill does leave the Senate, one can be conferenced in during the conference committee when they merge the House and Senate bills. The House bill will have a public option, so it's still possible to be added to the conference report.
    thanks, but i'm having a hard time believing we will actually get it.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #18
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    thanks, but i'm having a hard time believing we will actually get it.
    I am wondering too ...

  9. #19
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    What's this? Something brand new (to me, at least):

    A new alternative to the public option is emerging

    (snip ... )

    Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington said a few moments ago that she is planning to offer an amendment to give states the power to negotiate down the price of insurance. If insurance companies agree to cover a chunk of the uninsured, states would help pay for the coverage. The states negotiate with insurers to set the cost and coverage of the program. The rates wouldn't be tied to Medicare or Medicaid, but set at the state level, she said.

    ... Cantwell said she is waiting on a CBO cost estimate before introducing the amendment.

    A new alternative to the public option is emerging - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

  10. #20
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Senate Finance Committee Public Option amendment votes

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    How does this douche bag Senator from liberal Delaware get away with voting against the pubic option?
    He probably listened to his constituents and decided he liked his job... That's why none of this crap is going to pass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •