Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 137

Thread: Another song by school children praising Obama

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Barack Obama is the first African American elected President in history, which is a historical big deal.
    Then the song should have focused on that FACT, instead of promoting a political agenda.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    YouTube - Parents Approved Of Obama Song Lyrics: Courier Post Editor

    I see the lyrics. I don't, however, see how that fits into Black History month.
    Parents approved the lyrics says the title. Are you calling the Superintendent of Schools a liar?

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Then the song should have focused on that FACT, instead of promoting a political agenda.
    Too bad. The ones with the 'political agenda' are Fox News and conservative media spinning away.

    I love this President. Barack Obama is an extremely popular and praiseworthy President. The context of the song was the exuberance felt after the inaugeration during Black History month. Why is this dug up now?
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 10-01-09 at 12:07 PM.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Parents approved the lyrics says the title. Are you calling the Superintendent of Schools a liar?
    The Superintendent's job is to spin this to minimize damage to his district. What happened to the teacher involved?

    I support black history month. It is entirely possible to educate children on the significance of Obama's election WITHOUT politicizing it.

    For instance, I have ZERO PROBLEMS with this song:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-0NvkuPHZI&feature=related"]YouTube - Rosa Sat - song for Barack Obama[/ame]

    It pays homage to the LONG history of civil rights in our country and actually TEACHES children something about black history month.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Too bad. The ones with the 'political agenda' are Fox News and conservative media spinning away.

    I love this President. Barack Obama is an extremely popular and praiseworthy President. The context of the song was the exuberance felt after the inaugeration during Black History month. Why is this dug up now?
    Hypocrisy. If this song was about George Bush, you'd be screeching like a bean-shdh.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The Superintendent's job is to spin this to minimize damage to his district. What happened to the teacher involved?

    I support black history month. It is entirely possible to educate children on the significance of Obama's election WITHOUT politicizing it.

    For instance, I have ZERO PROBLEMS with this song:

    YouTube - Rosa Sat - song for Barack Obama

    It pays homage to the LONG history of civil rights in our country and actually TEACHES children something about black history month.
    It's a great song, I agree with you. Barack Obama is part of a long line of great black Americans serving our country with honor and distinction.

    Teaching school children to respect the role of President is worthwhile. So is teaching them that challenging policies of sitting Presidents is an American value.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 10-01-09 at 12:14 PM.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    It's a great song, I agree with you. Barack Obama is part of a long line of great black Americans serving our country with honor and distinction.
    I think there are many ways to recognize this fact without politicizing it. My issues with the song is that it doesn't focus on the fact that this is a historic event, but it goes into his political agenda. That doesn't belong in school.

    Again, where is the teacher who wrote this?

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think there are many ways to recognize this fact without politicizing it. My issues with the song is that it doesn't focus on the fact that this is a historic event, but it goes into his political agenda. That doesn't belong in school.

    Again, where is the teacher who wrote this?
    I disagree with you that the teacher is to blame. The students and the teacher wrote the song together. It is conservatives who have politicized this civics lesson by widely distributing the video and flaming paranoia about 'agendas'.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 10-01-09 at 12:17 PM.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    I disagree with you that the teacher is to blame. The students and the teacher wrote the song together. It is conservatives who have politicized this civics lesson by widely distributing the video and flaming paranoia about 'agendas'.
    These are elementary school kids. You are really going to claim that they came up with the phrase "equal pay for equal work?"





    Keep dancing.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Another song by school children praising Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    These are elementary school kids. You are really going to claim that they came up with the phrase "equal pay for equal work?"





    Keep dancing.
    They wrote it with the teacher. I work in an elementary school. There are every manner of singing jingles used for teaching purposes written with kids and by teachers to help kids learn.

    We have a couple of isolated songs taken out of context and promoted as some grand conspiracy of nazism or communism by conservative media outlets. The dancing and politicizing are being done by conservative wackos.

    You can't even find a conflicting view when googling the story.

    Great dancing smilies BTW.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 10-01-09 at 12:41 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •