Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 113

Thread: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

  1. #51
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Indeed, she should be married with 4 children.....
    what does that mean?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #52
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Since when am I dismissing the story because it is the Daily Mail? I am questioning the story and I have every right to do so. And after further minor investigation you suddenly find out the reality behind this hatchet job of a story.
    You constantly dismiss source you don't like without much of an argument. Last time your argument was "they didn't have the correct metholody" even though their arguments were simple general marcoeconomic ones around sourced figures.
    Fact: no law or rules were broken. Each hospital each doctor in conjunction with the patient has to make their own decisions on the subject.
    Fact: had the baby lived then it would have set a world record in the earliest born ever in human history by a whole day.
    Fact: Babies born under 22 weeks have an under 1% of survival. That survival rate goes up the further in the pregnancy we go.
    Fact: Babies born at 22 to around 30 weeks almost never live a normal life and are plagued with issues including mental and physical handicap.
    Fact: Babies born at under 22 weeks of pregnancy do not have developed enough things like.. lungs and a heart... kinda needed to live no?

    It is funny how the Daily Mail conveniently "forgot" or down toned these facts in order to yet again go after the NHS. Yes her story is heartbreaking but it is no different than any other woman who cant bear children or has lost a child. Why did the Daily Mail do this story? Because a heartbroken woman accused the hospital of murdering her child? Is that the standard of journalism we have to accept by anyone, a standard that requires every accusation to be published by the media, regardless the validity of the accusation?

    It is also funny that this is not the first time the Daily Mail has done such a story with vague facts and "ups forgot to mention that" bits, and all in order to slam the NHS.

    Now the even funnier thing is that the usual right wing suspects on these boards, bought the story hook line and sink without doing the slightest amount of research.. much like how many thought Steven Hawking would have been "murdered" by the NHS long ago if lived in the UK................and it is even more funny since it is not the first time a Daily Mail story has been published and been torn apart by me and others after basic research and yet the same suspects continue to promote these stories because the headlines happen to fit into their world view....

    So again, I do not dismiss the story based on it is the Daily Mail alone, but what is in the article and the history of "truthfulness" when it comes to the stories done by the Daily Mail on the NHS. Maybe you should call the Daily Mail and ask them to fact check their stories?
    None of this changes the facts that you made comments that were aimed at dismissing the source without looking much at its arguments. I and others at least got this impression, perhaps we were too influenced by your past behaviour and owe you an apology but generally I think it was a far representation of your comments.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #53
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what does that mean?
    I was just playing on your comments with a traditionalist counter.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #54
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So just so I get you right.

    You're in favor of, in this case, the tax payers having to foot the bill of potentially tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars for what would be essentially a 1 in a million chance of actually saving the child? Very fiscally responsable of you.
    So let me get this straight:

    You would rather look at a dollar symbol to determine who is and who is not worthy of life?

    Very humane of you.

    How do you know the odds, when you dont even put forth the effort?

    Just goes to show you how selfish and self-centered people are. Its a human being for Christ's sake. But thank you, for showing us all how rationing will be the order of the day under your dictatorial Obamacare.

    Nothing like the government getting decide who lives and dies eh? Makes you wonder why we fought a world war over that very idea not even 100 years ago.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    So let me get this straight:

    You would rather look at a dollar symbol to determine who is and who is not worthy of life?

    Very humane of you.

    How do you know the odds, when you dont even put forth the effort?

    Just goes to show you how selfish and self-centered people are. Its a human being for Christ's sake. But thank you, for showing us all how rationing will be the order of the day under your dictatorial Obamacare.

    Nothing like the government getting decide who lives and dies eh? Makes you wonder why we fought a world war over that very idea not even 100 years ago.
    That's not fair to accuse people of being self-centered for having some sort of limits on costly, extraordinary medical care with an extremely poor prognosis. It's not the same as infanticide or abortion. And it's taking money out of a limited healthcare dollar, driving up costs for everyone.

    There are millions in this nation who can't afford insurance. Part of the problem is the astronomical cost of some treatments. Costly medical breakthroughs are made every year. The scientists, doctors, nurses, radiology techs, lab techs, manufacturers of costly medical equipment, drug companies, medical records workers, computer support personnel, housekeeping, food services, etc, all have a right to make a living wage. Medical miracles don't materialize out of thin air.

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    So let me get this straight:

    You would rather look at a dollar symbol to determine who is and who is not worthy of life?

    Very humane of you.

    How do you know the odds, when you dont even put forth the effort?

    Just goes to show you how selfish and self-centered people are. Its a human being for Christ's sake. But thank you, for showing us all how rationing will be the order of the day under your dictatorial Obamacare.

    Nothing like the government getting decide who lives and dies eh? Makes you wonder why we fought a world war over that very idea not even 100 years ago.
    My position was clearly laid out earlier in this thread. If you want to hear it, go read it, and then respond to it. I'm not going to restate it here for you because you want to throw some hysterics let alone make wildly laughable assosiations such as "[my] dictatorial obamacare"

  7. #57
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    That's not fair to accuse people of being self-centered for having some sort of limits on costly, extraordinary medical care with an extremely poor prognosis. It's not the same as infanticide or abortion. And it's taking money out of a limited healthcare dollar, driving up costs for everyone.
    It sure is hell is fair.

    Sorry if you find the truth to hard to swallow. Letting a human being die b/c it didnt make it to a certain age is freaking asinine. But that is what you get with government run horse****.

    Do you listen to what your saying? Your premise is that rationing care is OK. Either healthcare is a right, as all the progressive liberals claim it to be, or it isnt. You cant pick and choose who deserves the right and who doesnt based on age.


    There are millions in this nation who can't afford insurance. Part of the problem is the astronomical cost of some treatments. Costly medical breakthroughs are made every year. The scientists, doctors, nurses, radiology techs, lab techs, manufacturers of costly medical equipment, drug companies, medical records workers, computer support personnel, housekeeping, food services, etc, all have a right to make a living wage. Medical miracles don't materialize out of thin air.
    Who said anything about wages? If you want living wages, then you dont go send the government in to take it over.....lol.

    I am just amazed how people are defending the rationing of care through the government, after the government claimed that wouldnt happen.

    Cost will always rise as long as we the insuree, is playing with someone elses money. Why do you think it is cheaper if you buy things direct? You take out the middle man who drives up cost.

  8. #58
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    My position was clearly laid out earlier in this thread. If you want to hear it, go read it, and then respond to it. I'm not going to restate it here for you because you want to throw some hysterics let alone make wildly laughable assosiations such as "[my] dictatorial obamacare"
    Well lay it out again, or dont make silly comments to me.

    Your the one handing our 1 in a million chance, when you dont have the slightest clue. Nevermind you cant give odds when they dont even try to save the life.

  9. #59
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Or maybe it is the doctors duty to save its life and not to decide for themselves whether its life its worth it. Now I don't know about this specific situation but this laissez faire attitude I find quite distrubing.
    i assure you it's not a decision i would make lightly. i'm NOT sure i believe this woman, however. maybe it just wasn't possible.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #60
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    i read it....i just don't necessarily believe a lay person's opinion that his life could have saved.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •