Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 146

Thread: Communisum in our Schools.

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    The Term "anarchist", means to me, a creature to be left in the gutter, with its throat cut. From ear to ear.
    Just check that he's not an Anarcho-Capitalist first.

  2. #62
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You have to keep in mind that Aggie believes there is only one "true" type of anarchism -- his own flavor of it -- and to him, all anarchists must be socialists.
    As if it need be said..."One who builds on Destruction,,,has no Foundation".

    But what do I know?

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    You're thinking of libertarianisme - a French faux amis. In modern English, libertarianism always means economic freedom, which implies very strong individual property rights.
    Nope! I'm referring to Dejacque's publication of Le Libertaire, an anarchist journal which was of course avowedly socialist. But as long as you're referring to Wikipedia, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism"]the "libertarianism" article[/ame] does not seem to be your friend:

    Libertarian socialists—the first political activists to adopt the term libertarian in the mid-19th century—are opposed to all illegitimate structures of authority and hierarchy both in personal relations and in the larger social order; accordingly this includes examples such as opposition to state power and certain forms of private property, as well as to the structured hierarchies that manifest themselves in relations among men and women, students and teachers, or parents and children.
    I do agree with the comment about economic freedom, which accounts for the incompatibility of libertarianism with capitalism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    The Term "anarchist", means to me, a creature to be left in the gutter, with its throat cut. From ear to ear.

    Prove me wrong.




    There's a Zapatista libertarian for you. Does that help?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You have to keep in mind that Aggie believes there is only one "true" type of anarchism -- his own flavor of it -- and to him, all anarchists must be socialists.
    Actually, the vast majority of all existing anarchists believe that. While anarchism as I define it is a political philosophy that has existed for 160 years and has been promoted by millions, "anarcho"-capitalism is a marginal Internet philosophy that has never achieved the slightest semblance of implementation...or even influence, for that matter.

  4. #64
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Nope! I'm referring to Dejacque's publication of Le Libertaire, an anarchist journal which was of course avowedly socialist. But as long as you're referring to Wikipedia, the "libertarianism" article does not seem to be your friend:



    I do agree with the comment about economic freedom, which accounts for the incompatibility of libertarianism with capitalism.







    There's a Zapatista libertarian for you. Does that help?



    Actually, the vast majority of all existing anarchists believe that. While anarchism as I define it is a political philosophy that has existed for 160 years and has been promoted by millions, "anarcho"-capitalism is a marginal Internet philosophy that has never achieved the slightest semblance of implementation...or even influence, for that matter.
    You post a picture of a young idiot with a gun. Face masked...In hiding.

    Like you.

  5. #65
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,029

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Yes, and we're all very impressed. Meanwhile, it's pretty easy to imagine a state of anarchy which isn't socialist.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #66
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That's a very limited area, not something I'd generalize from.

    Try this:

    CAPE | Outlook 12/01
    You called BS when I said that the Public Schools around where I live outperform Private Schools. I just responded.

    Also, you posted a link from a site promoting Private Schools. It is a pretty biased source. I won't call BS, but it isn't that great of a source.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    You post a picture of a young idiot with a gun. Face masked...In hiding.

    Like you.
    Well, we'd have to assume that you made a remotely intelligent comment if you wanted an intelligent response. Unfortunately, since not only that post but this entire thread illustrates the opposite...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Meanwhile, it's pretty easy to imagine a state of anarchy which isn't socialist.
    That's likely only because of your politically uninformed delusions. The standard rightist will refer to Somalia or some state of chaos or disorder because they don't understand the nature of anarchism as involving stateless socialism.

  8. #68
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    You called BS when I said that the Public Schools around where I live outperform Private Schools. I just responded.

    Also, you posted a link from a site promoting Private Schools. It is a pretty biased source. I won't call BS, but it isn't that great of a source.
    You ARE "Allowed to State your "Location"... Stand Tall.

  9. #69
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,029

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    That's likely only because of your politically uninformed delusions. The standard rightist will refer to Somalia or some state of chaos or disorder because they don't understand the nature of anarchism as involving stateless socialism.
    No, I believe the failing would be yours, when you assume either 1) I'm a "standard rightist," or 2) I'm referring to Somalia.

    If you think either of these things, you have little imagination. This is also true if you can't imagine an orderly anarchy without socialism. As I said, it's pretty easy.

    Nice strawman, though.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This is also true if you can't imagine an orderly anarchy without socialism. As I said, it's pretty easy.
    This has certainly been quite enthralling...so let's hear of this majestic glory of non-socialist anarchism (a contradiction in terms).

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •