Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 146

Thread: Communisum in our Schools.

  1. #91
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    What kind of twisted thinking are Teachers trying with our kids? "Teaching" them it's "OK" to Steal?


    Communism In Our Schools | NewsBusters.org


    Tonight I had chance to listen to Bruce DuMont's radio show and heard the story of how teachers in one school confiscate all the children's school supplies (and in this case even lunch boxes), put them in a pile, and everyone takes turns coming up and taking what they want, whether the parents like it or not. A guest on the show, Erika Brees, Heartland Regional Director for College Democrats of America, defended this action saying that "it's an important lesson that people learn to do with less so others can have what they need too, and if the parents aren't willing to teach that, I think it's good that the school does." [I paraphrase]

    This is nothing more than an introduction to communism. I was shocked. I thought there's no way that this redistribution of personal property really goes on in American school rooms. After a few searches and several calls to teacher friends, I've found this to be more common than I ever would have thought, and of course there is not one media story on the subject to be found.

    It's one thing to buy extra supplies so the classroom has the tools it needs to conduct class. It's quite another to steal property from one person... and give it to another.
    Shouldn't the title be more like "a couple communists in a school". or something more accurate like that?

  2. #92
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    The Term "anarchist", means to me, a creature to be left in the gutter, with its throat cut. From ear to ear.

    Prove me wrong.
    I doubt anyone cares. How about you explain to us what you think "anarchy" means. This should be good.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    What kind of twisted thinking are Teachers trying with our kids? "Teaching" them it's "OK" to Steal?


    Communism In Our Schools | NewsBusters.org


    Tonight I had chance to listen to Bruce DuMont's radio show and heard the story of how teachers in one school confiscate all the children's school supplies (and in this case even lunch boxes), put them in a pile, and everyone takes turns coming up and taking what they want, whether the parents like it or not. A guest on the show, Erika Brees, Heartland Regional Director for College Democrats of America, defended this action saying that "it's an important lesson that people learn to do with less so others can have what they need too, and if the parents aren't willing to teach that, I think it's good that the school does." [I paraphrase]

    This is nothing more than an introduction to communism. I was shocked. I thought there's no way that this redistribution of personal property really goes on in American school rooms. After a few searches and several calls to teacher friends, I've found this to be more common than I ever would have thought, and of course there is not one media story on the subject to be found.

    It's one thing to buy extra supplies so the classroom has the tools it needs to conduct class. It's quite another to steal property from one person... and give it to another.

    When children earn the money to buy their own school supplies, I'll worry about it.
    Until then, some children should not have to go without adequate supplies while another child sits there with the entire contents of the Walmart Back-to-School aisle in his desk, simply because his parents are wealthier and/or nicer than another child's parents.
    It's public school, for cripe sake.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Maybe they should have publicly funded provisions of adequate supplies instead of confiscating others' possessions, though...

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Maybe they should have publicly funded provisions of adequate supplies instead of confiscating others' possessions, though...
    Children should not have personal "possessions" at school.
    School is about learning.
    The necessary supplies for learning should be distributed equally, whether the government pays for them with tax dollars or whether the children's parents pay for them out of pocket and then donate them to the school.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Children should not have personal "possessions" at school.
    School is about learning.
    The necessary supplies for learning should be distributed equally, whether the government pays for them with tax dollars or whether the children's parents pay for them out of pocket and then donate them to the school.
    Personal possessions aren't of sufficient significance to dramatically influence that process one way or the other, I'd say...which is what accounts for their status as possessive property rather than the aforementioned private property. If your focus is on the public school system facilitating egalitarianism, we should instead eliminate the hierarchical internal structure of the large majority of classrooms, as it's utilized as a means of conditioning youth who will someday enter the labor market and a similar relationship with employers.

  7. #97
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Always our main focus is the ultimate reduction of authoritarianism as manifested through hierarchies. If some "authoritarianism" is necessary, it is that which is a means to a reduction of authoritarianism of a more severe nature, as with the "force" of violent insurrection against an unjust monarch, for example.
    Then what I said applies. You're simply choosing the form of "necessary" authority you prefer and calling it the only legitimate one. Others disagree.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #98
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    What kind of twisted thinking are Teachers trying with our kids? "Teaching" them it's "OK" to Steal?


    Communism In Our Schools | NewsBusters.org


    Tonight I had chance to listen to Bruce DuMont's radio show and heard the story of how teachers in one school confiscate all the children's school supplies (and in this case even lunch boxes), put them in a pile, and everyone takes turns coming up and taking what they want, whether the parents like it or not. A guest on the show, Erika Brees, Heartland Regional Director for College Democrats of America, defended this action saying that "it's an important lesson that people learn to do with less so others can have what they need too, and if the parents aren't willing to teach that, I think it's good that the school does." [I paraphrase]

    This is nothing more than an introduction to communism. I was shocked. I thought there's no way that this redistribution of personal property really goes on in American school rooms. After a few searches and several calls to teacher friends, I've found this to be more common than I ever would have thought, and of course there is not one media story on the subject to be found.

    It's one thing to buy extra supplies so the classroom has the tools it needs to conduct class. It's quite another to steal property from one person... and give it to another.
    if TRUE, i think this is inexusable.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Then what I said applies. You're simply choosing the form of "necessary" authority you prefer and calling it the only legitimate one. Others disagree.
    There are no anarchists who disagree with the optimal goal of minimized hierarchical authority. It's merely a matter of recognizing that social conditions of disorder would eventually permit warlords and powerful figures to exert influence over others, thus constituting an introduction of greater authoritarian hierarchy than we saw under republicanism.

  10. #100
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Communisum in our Schools.

    This story smells of propoganda and myth.

    I doubt seriously that there is any validity to this story.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •