Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 203

Thread: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Am I the only one on the whole forum that comes back occasionally and says "hey I thought about it, and I have changed my mind".
    No.

    ten characters

  2. #182
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Right, the mere fact that you are heckling and mocking someone when they are taking about their disability and the medical costs associated with it makes it worse than just the typical shouting down of people at these meetings (which is bad enough).
    OK. Merely repeating yourself doesn't strengthen your point. Read what I wrote. The content of what she said didn't enter into it -- not in the OP, and not in my response to the OP.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #183
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    04-08-14 @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    56

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    SoutherDemocrat needs a victim card to play, that's all it is.

    I mean, come on, do you think I actually believe half the **** I say on this forum? No, and neither does SD believe half the **** he says. He plays his game with a victim card and I play my game as the EvilConservative.com

    No one actually thinks like either of us..
    Wait, really?

    So you are some kind of uber troll?

    And no one comments on this? Do you justify yourself by thinking that you are playing devils advocate?

    So many questions.

    As you can see I am somewhat new here. Perhaps I should not be surprised but I was hoping to find some place on web where I could actually get all sides of the issue through discussion with reasonable people. I don't have a lot of opportunity to discuss issues with people of varying perspectives....

    Well, I think you get my point.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by satandog View Post
    Wait, really?

    So you are some kind of uber troll?

    And no one comments on this? Do you justify yourself by thinking that you are playing devils advocate?

    So many questions.

    As you can see I am somewhat new here. Perhaps I should not be surprised but I was hoping to find some place on web where I could actually get all sides of the issue through discussion with reasonable people. I don't have a lot of opportunity to discuss issues with people of varying perspectives....

    Well, I think you get my point.
    The premise of this thread is that the protesters were wrong not because their tactic was bad, but because the woman was in a wheelchair.

    In other words, SouthernDemocrat would have no problem if the woman were not disabled....and they call me the troll

  5. #185
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    The town halls have become a circus. I fail to see why people who are not there to insult, boo and be unruly even show up. Whatever happened to rational, fact-based discussion?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #186
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Whatever happened to rational, fact-based discussion?
    One of the sad revelations of growing up is that it's a complete fable and always has been.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    The town halls have become a circus. I fail to see why people who are not there to insult, boo and be unruly even show up. Whatever happened to rational, fact-based discussion?
    Obama got elected.

  8. #188
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Obama got elected.
    Precisely, we have been taking steps in the right direction, like electing Obama, but then we fall back to old habits of screaming what the guy over the radio screamed at us, like "He wants to kill our Grandmas!".

  9. #189
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK. Merely repeating yourself doesn't strengthen your point. Read what I wrote. The content of what she said didn't enter into it -- not in the OP, and not in my response to the OP.
    The content of what she said was in the video in the OP.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #190
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    04-08-14 @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    56

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The premise of this thread is that the protesters were wrong not because their tactic was bad, but because the woman was in a wheelchair.

    In other words, SouthernDemocrat would have no problem if the woman were not disabled....and they call me the troll
    So you totally ignored my point.

    Here is what you said in post #154 on this thread

    I mean, come on, do you think I actually believe half the **** I say on this forum? No, and neither does SD believe half the **** he says. He plays his game with a victim card and I play my game as the EvilConservative.com

    No one actually thinks like either of us..
    I found this definition of a troll on Wikipedia

    In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    So if you are only posting responses based on a persona that you have developed, and nothing that you post is actually your own opinion, then I would assume that your responses are crafted to inflame a certain segment of the community here. Possibly for your own amusement.

    If the above is true then how are you not a troll?

    Based on your profile you are very involved in this community and a lot of people respect your opinions. So if your post leads me to question your integrity - and I do not honestly see how I could not - then what does that say about this community?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •