Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 203

Thread: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

  1. #161
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    SoutherDemocrat needs a victim card to play, that's all it is.

    I mean, come on, do you think I actually believe half the **** I say on this forum? No, and neither does SD believe half the **** he says. He plays his game with a victim card and I play my game as the EvilConservative.com

    No one actually thinks like either of us..
    If you don't believe what you say, then why come off like a total nut job? What is the point. I believe my arguments and my arguments on here are no where near as extreme as yours are. In fact, I don't think they are extreme at all, and I don't think most people on here would see them as extreme.

    You went on a nut job tangent to simply avoid admitting that anyone that heckles and mocks someone in a wheelchair at a health care town hall is a douche bag.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The point is that anyone that thinks that others that disagree with them should be silenced at all costs, even to the point of stuffing ballot boxes - what ever it takes as Jerry put it, is in the same type of mindset that the Culture Revolution thugs had.

    Of course, go ahead and defend anything on your side no matter how extreme or offensive it is. Just excuse and rationalize all you want. I guess since you have been doing it for nearly 27,000 posts, no use stopping now.
    Sure, go right ahead and keep telling me how I believe and what I think. You do it to everybody else so why not me, too.

  3. #163
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I think the issue is heckling and making whining noises when she was trying to talk. Do you heckle and mock the sick and disabled?
    There's a difference between "sick" and "disabled."

    The point is, as a disabled person, she's a productive member of society like anyone else. Last I heard, they don't want to be coddled, but to be treated like everyone else. I know if I were disabled, I'd want the same thing.

    If she's entering the political arena, then she's just as susceptible to the same kind of treatment as anyone else.

    Making a point of her being physically disabled IS a mere hunt for victims. It has nothing to do with her mind or her ideas.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    If you don't believe what you say, then why come off like a total nut job? What is the point.
    To have fun.

    You clearly are NOT here to have an honest debate, and we know this because you're all about a woman's disability and not her message or the issue itself. So, fine, you want to QQ over her disability and ignore UHC, I'm going to tailor my posts to troll you as best I can while getting as few infraction points as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I believe my arguments and my arguments on here are no where near as extreme as yours are.
    If you actually believe the crap you post then you're the nut job.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    In fact, I don't think they are extreme at all, and I don't think most people on here would see them as extreme.
    I don't car if you think anything is extreme or not. It realy does not matter if something is extreme, only if it's right. So you think "X" is extreme...ok, so the **** what? Shutting down UHC supporters is the always the right thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You went on a nut job tangent to simply avoid admitting that anyone that heckles and mocks someone in a wheelchair at a health care town hall is a douche bag.
    Anyone who cares that she was in a wheelchair is a douche bag.

    It does not matter if a person is disabled. It. Does. Not. Matter. The ONLY relevant item is what side of the issue they're on. That's it. This person happened to be on the pro-UHC side, so when she refuses to oppose UHC through honest debate, it is then always right and just to shut her up at every opportunity. The disability is irrelevant and if you gave a crap about the issue you wouldn't even mention anyone's disability. You would stick to the topic, but you didn't, therefore you don't give a crap about honest debate.

  5. #165
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    There's a difference between "sick" and "disabled."

    The point is, as a disabled person, she's a productive member of society like anyone else. Last I heard, they don't want to be coddled, but to be treated like everyone else. I know if I were disabled, I'd want the same thing.

    If she's entering the political arena, then she's just as susceptible to the same kind of treatment as anyone else.

    Making a point of her being physically disabled IS a mere hunt for victims. It has nothing to do with her mind or her ideas.
    The part you seem to either not get or are dancing around is that they were heckling her and making whining noises as she was prefacing her question with how her medical bills are making her practically destitute. Its not searching for a victim to point that out, its just pointing out that these people were being more indecent in their actions than the typical rudeness associated with shouting down those you disagree with.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The point is that anyone that thinks that others that disagree with them should be silenced at all costs, even to the point of stuffing ballot boxes - what ever it takes as Jerry put it, is in the same type of mindset that the Culture Revolution thugs had.

    Of course, go ahead and defend anything on your side no matter how extreme or offensive it is. Just excuse and rationalize all you want. I guess since you have been doing it for nearly 27,000 posts, no use stopping now.
    Do you like how I got you off the "disability" kick?

    In WoW we call that "kiting"...I kited you away from something by agro'ing your attention to me so you focused on ME and nothing else

  7. #167
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,627

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Did you just seriously use WoW lingo?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #168
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    I'm gonna DPS the hell out of this thread with my uber nukes. Don't ninja my loot!
    Last edited by Psychoclown; 09-04-09 at 03:43 PM.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  9. #169
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    To have fun.

    You clearly are NOT here to have an honest debate, and we know this because you're all about a woman's disability and not her message or the issue itself. So, fine, you want to QQ over her disability and ignore UHC, I'm going to tailor my posts to troll you as best I can while getting as few infraction points as possible.
    I guess reading comprehension is a difficult one for you. This thread from the OP to here has not been a debate about Universal Health Care. No where in the thread have I, or anyone else said look at his woman in a wheelchair, everyone should support Universal Health care.

    In fact, I even went so far as to point out that I did not agree with what the woman was implying which seemed to be that we should have some kind of a single payer / nationalized system. It's not a sympathy thread.

    The point of the thread was to point out how extreme and indecent people are acting at some of these meetings. The evidence for how extreme people were acting at these meetings was that this woman, sick and disabled, was heckled and mocked while she prefaced her question with how her medical care costs are resulting in her nearly being destitute. So the point is not, nor has it ever been, hey look at that poor old woman in a wheelchair, everyone should feel sorry for her and agree with her. What the point has actually been is that when are people from both sides of this going to start denouncing and shaming this kind of shameless and indecent behavior. I guess I had no idea how controversial such a notion would be.

    If you actually believe the crap you post then you're the nut job.
    Please point out some loony **** I have posted.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #170
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Sure, go right ahead and keep telling me how I believe and what I think. You do it to everybody else so why not me, too.
    Well if you would actually state your opinion on the thread topic no one would have to imply what you think.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •