Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 203

Thread: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

  1. #141
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    At the Wachovia center in Philly, that is exactly what you are doing. Especallily if you are wearing a Devils Jersey...


    Poor example.
    Um No even if I was wearing another uniform that doesn't give the other person the right to assault someone. The person was trying to get past the crowd who was blocking the entrance to the vigil to get to the vigil. This wasn't outside a town hall debate. There was no other way to get to the vigil but through the crowd. So it wasn't looking to start a fight. You guys seem to not understand what inciting violence is

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Partisan hackery at its best.

    If you have to rely on "shutting down" your opponents rather than your own well reasoned arguments for why your side is correct, you're probably on the wrong side of the argument.

    And I'm saying this as someone opposed to UHC. But spreading lies, misinformation, and working to "shut down" your opponents are the tactics of someone who doesn't have anything better to offer. If you believe your opponents are wrong, why must you prevent them from speaking? Let them speak and then happily point out their inaccuracies and errors in thinking.
    You're mistaken in believing this is all anti-UHC has to offer. Obama has no interest in debate and discussion. With Polocy clearly stating that "we were not elected to split the difference" or compromise in bi-partisan ship; with the Democrat leaders vowing to push UHC through regardless of Republican, Independent, or even fellow Democrat objections, this is what it's come to.

    I have no problem using all the dirty tactics in the book and writing a few new one. If we have to cheat to block UHC, so be it. If we now are forced to hack voting machines, so be it. Whatever law we have to brake, whatever disabled person we have to shut down, who ever we have to brow beat into submission, whatever it takes.

    It has come to that.

  3. #143
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No less ironic than the pro global warming folks

    Fight fire with fire imo.
    Pro global warming folks? Are those the people who want global warming to happen? Usually if you're pro something you're for it.

  4. #144
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're mistaken in believing this is all anti-UHC has to offer. Obama has no interest in debate and discussion. With Polocy clearly stating that "we were not elected to split the difference" or compromise in bi-partisan ship; with the Democrat leaders vowing to push UHC through regardless of Republican, Independent, or even fellow Democrat objections, this is what it's come to.

    I have no problem using all the dirty tactics in the book and writing a few new one. If we have to cheat to block UHC, so be it. If we now are forced to hack voting machines, so be it. Whatever law we have to brake, whatever disabled person we have to shut down, who ever we have to brow beat into submission, whatever it takes.

    It has come to that.
    This is dangerous rhetoric. This is the same kind of rhetoric clinic bombers use to justify their actions. That breaking the law is okay if your result is the way you want it.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Pro global warming folks? Are those the people who want global warming to happen? Usually if you're pro something you're for it.
    The people who want you to believe cap-n-trade is anything more than a new tax and is going to do something about the environment = "pro global warming".

    Folks like myself say it's a natural cycle perhaps negligibly exacerbated by human activity, where a couple minor policies may be useful but ultimately is nothing to stress about.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    This is dangerous rhetoric. This is the same kind of rhetoric clinic bombers use to justify their actions. That breaking the law is okay if your result is the way you want it.
    Nice to see you also use the same tactics when you see fit, likening me to a domestic terrorist

    And you thought you were any better than I

  7. #147
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,423

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no problem using all the dirty tactics in the book and writing a few new one. If we have to cheat to block UHC, so be it. If we now are forced to hack voting machines, so be it. Whatever law we have to brake, whatever disabled person we have to shut down, who ever we have to brow beat into submission, whatever it takes.

    It has come to that.
    You would have fit in quite well in the Bolshevik Revolution or in Mao's Cultural Revolution. You seem to have the mindset for it.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You would have fit in quite well in the Bolshevik Revolution or in Mao's Cultural Revolution. You seem to have the mindset for it.
    I was wondering if he was wearing a brown shirt

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Nice to see you also use the same tactics when you see fit, likening me to a domestic terrorist
    When you are justifying breaking the laws and spreading fear against people that disagree with you, that is domestic terrorism. If the shoe fits......

  10. #150
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Question . . .

    Why would "shouting down" a disabled woman be somehow so much more onerous than "shouting down" someone who's not?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •