Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

  1. #101
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Saying someone is lying is calling them a liar. Again we're talking about the meaning of words here



    Show me where I called you a "liar" or retract your dishonest prevarications.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #102
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I wonder if shouting at a wheelchair bound woman is as bad as biting off a finger?


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058232693



    I guess the guy shouldn't have tried to punch mike tyson. Then again according to apst the guy deserved to be punched because he walked through a crowd

  3. #103
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I guess the guy shouldn't have tried to punch mike tyson. Then again according to apst the guy deserved to be punched because he walked through a crowd



    So I take it by your unbalanced selective outrage, that I was right on about your glaring double standard and partisan blabber?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #104
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Show me where I called you a "liar" or retract your dishonest prevarications.
    There's nothing dishonest about it. Saying someone is lying is calling them a liar especially after it was proven you lied about something you said. There's nothing to retract. Also there's no need to say dishonest and prevarications together. The word prevarication implies dishonesty so you're saying the same thing twice.

  5. #105
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    I gave this some thought over my run and workout at lunch. What happened to common decency and shame? I guess being raised in the south, this is something that you imprinted with more, but its almost as though its a foreign concept anymore.

    What I mean by decency, is that if you are in a disabled and in a wheel chair, the reason why people ought to have the decency not to heckle you and shout you down is not that you are weak, its that its a town hall on health care, and being in a wheel chair earns you the right to be heard for the 2 minutes it takes you to speak about what you have went through in our health care system. It doesn't matter if you are for universal health care or speaking against what you see as the problems with government health care. Either way, common decency dictates that you have earned the right to speak for a few minutes without being heckled for what you have had to endure and not belittle you for it. That does not mean that anyone has to agree with you at all. Hell I did not necessarily agree with her. We are just talking about common decency here, it has nothing to do with ideology.

    For example, John McCain was tortured in Vietnam. Because of what he has endured, he has some moral authority on the issue of torture. That does not mean that anyone has to agree with him. Its just common decency that agree with him or not, because of what he has endured, he has earned the right to be heard on that issue. I remember last year when there were nut jobs out there belittling what he want through and actually accusing him of selling out his country while being tortured. That infuriated me too.

    Seriously, what is with some people having to excuse, defend, or rationalize anything their side does no matter how indecent and shameless it is? I was completely against the war in Iraq, I thought it was an elective war and a neo-conservative social experiment. However, never would I defend the scum that called soldiers serving there "war criminals" or "murderers". I consider people that would say those things to be the lowest of the low, just scum, they don't represent me or my beliefs and thus I am not going to defend scum like that. I don't know how someone could call a soldier serving their country in a war a "war criminal" or "murder" and ever show their face in public again. That is the problem though, as a society, people don't feel shamed anymore no matter what they say or do. It's as though we are losing the entire concept of dignity and decency. As Jerry wrote earlier in the thread "Whatever it takes to stop UHC".

    What ever it takes? Really? Decency has no value? Your dignity has no value? Others want to excuse indecency by pointing out that some union members have intimidated protesters at other town halls. OK, yeah, that's thuggish, anyone can see that, but it has nothing to do with shameless garbage heckling a disabled woman in a wheelchair when she was trying to speak. These kinds of arguments are like saying that Stalin's atrocities excuse those committed by Mao.

    The point is that if you are sick, disabled, and in a wheelchair about to be destitute because of the magnitude of your medical bills, you have earned the right to be speak without being heckled or belittled for 2 minutes at a town hall. Just like if you were on socialized medicine, and sick, and the system was failing you, then you have earned the right to speak against it for a few minutes without being heckled and belittled. Its not because you are weak and you need protection. Its because if I am perfectly healthy, and who in the hell am I to heckle someone much less fortunate than me in a wheel chair when they speak for 2 minutes about health care in America. It is common decency. That is the point. If you endure great hardship, you have earned the right to speak a couple of minutes at a public forum when its relevant to what you have endured. So if your a parent that lost your kid to cancer for example, then you have earned the right to speak at a forum on cancer for a couple of minutes without being heckled or belittled by others who most likely never endured anything like it. That right does not result from any law, its common decency. Where I am from that common decency was recognized to the point that anyone that was such a sack of sh*t as to heckle a woman in a wheelchair might end up learning common decency by picking their teeth up off the sidewalk.

    It doesn't mean you have to agree with them. It doesn't mean that you should not get a chance to be heard too. Yes, its rude to shout people down at a town hall on health care, but it is flat out indecent and shameful to shout down and heckle someone in a wheelchair at a town hall. I don't think anyone that has posted in this thread would do something like that. So why defend it? Why rationalize it? Why excuse it in any way? Those people that did that were acting like worthless scum. What is wrong with condemning worthless scum for what it is?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #106
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So I take it by your unbalanced selective outrage, that I was right on about your glaring double standard and partisan blabber?
    You really took the bait on that one. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I pointed out that those shouting people down were shouting the woman down and people on their own side. There's nothing double standard or partisan about it. Do you really just keep typing the same stuff to see your name because its obvious you're not reading what other people post?

    Also you're implying that somehow a guy who started a fight and bit off more than he could chew is equal to a woman who asked a question and got shouted down. You seem to imply the woman deserved to be shouted down.

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There's nothing dishonest about it. Saying someone is lying is calling them a liar especially after it was proven you lied about something you said. There's nothing to retract. Also there's no need to say dishonest and prevarications together. The word prevarication implies dishonesty so you're saying the same thing twice.


    That's nice, show me where I called you a liar. This is false on your part. The forum rules prevent me from name calling, saying your argument is a lie, is not calling you a liar.

    If you have a problem with it, I suggest you stop throwing a tantrum and seek out a mod for clarification.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You really took the bait on that one. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I pointed out that those shouting people down were shouting the woman down and people on their own side. There's nothing double standard or partisan about it. Do you really just keep typing the same stuff to see your name because its obvious you're not reading what other people post?

    Also you're implying that somehow a guy who started a fight and bit off more than he could chew is equal to a woman who asked a question and got shouted down. You seem to imply the woman deserved to be shouted down.



    yes, saying "that's bad too" is =/= to starting threads on one side of the issue and bashing the other side with token comments of your own. sorry.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    That's nice, show me where I called you a liar. This is false on your part. The forum rules prevent me from name calling, saying your argument is a lie, is not calling you a liar.

    If you have a problem with it, I suggest you stop throwing a tantrum and seek out a mod for clarification.
    Saying I'm lying is calling me a liar. I'm sorry if logic eludes you. The forum rules sure didn't prevent you from calling me a basket case. Don't see in the rules where name calling is okay only if after you do it you try to back pedal by claiming you were joking. Keep backpeddling. You didn't call my argument a lie you specifically said I was lying when you were the one lying.

    Then you try to claim people are slandering you without having an idea what the word means. This is your way of pulling things off topic though as usual

  10. #110
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Town Hall Protesters Shout Down Disabled Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Saying I'm lying is calling me a liar. I'm sorry if logic eludes you. The forum rules sure didn't prevent you from calling me a basket case. Don't see in the rules where name calling is okay only if after you do it you try to back pedal by claiming you were joking. Keep backpeddling. You didn't call my argument a lie you specifically said I was lying when you were the one lying.

    Then you try to claim people are slandering you without having an idea what the word means. This is your way of pulling things off topic though as usual



    Ok, I had enough of your constant crying. If you have a problem with me, seek out a mod. I am done entertaining your tantrum.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •