Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Who's saying anybody supported McVeigh? What the hell are you talking about? You said that (paraphrase) left wingers hate America and are terrorists who bomb government buildings. I countered your ignorant comments with McVeigh - a RIGHT WINGER who blew up a government building and hundreds of people along with it.

    Do you honestly not understand the point I'm making here? Really?

    I thought she made a rather good point. I didn't see the future president of the U.S. meeting with Timothy McVeigh at his house to start his political career. Did I miss that? Did Timothy McVeigh give Sarah Palin a leg up on her first campaign for governor?

    *yes, I'm aware that McVeigh was executed in 2001. Nonetheless, I didn't see President Obama wooing McVeigh or his ilk in order to get elected. Nor did I see Sarah Palin doing this. Or, John McCain. Or, for that matter, anyone.

    These people profiled in the OP aren't conservatives. They are so far right as to be the equivalent of Tim McVeigh.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-31-09 at 04:59 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You really should not generalize like you are. Nothing you are saying is accurate because of the generalizations.
    Only if you misinterpret a generalization as meaning "all liberals."
    Do you think it fair to say "golden retrievers are nice dogs," "politicians are self-serving," "pizza is yummy," and or are those equally "inaccurate" in your view?

  3. #43
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    And yet, Glinda continues to do it, and people totally take her seriously.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody"]Parody[/ame], for those unclear on the concept.



    And the very best part? It zoooooommed right over Catz's head!
    Last edited by Glinda; 08-31-09 at 05:00 PM.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I claim nothing more than a broad generalization. I don't claim to be able to predict the leaning of every single liberal. My statements weren't unsubstantiated, I provided examples. You would figure into my world view as an outlier -- like a golden retriever that bites kids or an honest politician.

    Do you honestly believe that liberals would score the same as the rest of us on a "how much do you love your country" scale?
    Yes, I do. Just because we disagree with you on the appropriate direction for our country does not mean we love that country any less. It is insulting and offensive to have people like you tell us that we somehow love our country less because we disagree with you on an issue.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Parody, for those unclear on the concept.



    And the very best part? It zoooooommed right over Catz's head!
    Yeah, Glinda, you're "waaayyyy more smarter" than the rest of us.


  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, I do. Just because we disagree with you on the appropriate direction for our country does not mean we love that country any less. It is insulting and offensive to have people like you tell us that we somehow love our country less because we disagree with you on an issue.
    You're so wrong. Glinda totally loves this country less than I do.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Who's saying anybody supported McVeigh? What the hell are you talking about? You said that (paraphrase) left wingers hate America and are terrorists who bomb government buildings. I countered your ignorant comments with McVeigh - a RIGHT WINGER who blew up a government building and hundreds of people along with it.

    Do you honestly not understand the point I'm making here? Really?
    Now you're being dishonest!

    It was YOU that brought up the right and their "self-confessed terrorists to be worthy of praise" examples that included no real terrorists. I countered with the obvious self-confessed terrorist that was in fact praised by the left with his distinguished professorship, books, magazine articles, photo ops, etc.

    Then you brought up the irrelevant subject of McVeigh who was not supported by either party, and now you're trying to chastise me for trying to make your irrelevant statement relevant to the discussion.

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,789

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Only if you misinterpret a generalization as meaning "all liberals."
    You say misinterpret. I say misrepresent. Your presentation is a clear overgeneralization and attempt to paint a group in a particular way. Say what you mean and perhaps the responses will be better.

    Do you think it fair to say "golden retrievers are nice dogs," "politicians are self-serving," "pizza is yummy," and or are those equally "inaccurate" in your view?
    Inaccurate. "Some golden retrievers are nice dogs" or "In my experience, golden retrievers are nice dogs". "I see politicians as self-serving". "I think pizza is yummy". These are accurate statements. Yours are not. When expressing opinions, it is always helpful to take ownership of those opinions. Otherwise, they become overgeneralizations, easily proven incorrect.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Now you're being dishonest!

    It was YOU that brought up the right and their "self-confessed terrorists to be worthy of praise" examples that included no real terrorists. I countered with the obvious self-confessed terrorist that was in fact praised by the left with his distinguished professorship, books, magazine articles, photo ops, etc.

    Then you brought up the irrelevant subject of McVeigh who was not supported by either party, and now you're trying to chastise me for trying to make your irrelevant statement relevant to the discussion.
    Yes, darling, but you're the one who made the first broad and unflattering generalization about liberals. Own it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Is this the liberals? I know that they don't like america as much as regular people.
    Post #14 on this thread. Glinda didn't make her equally stupid comment until post #20.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-31-09 at 05:09 PM.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Is this the liberals? I know that they don't like america as much as regular people.
    Post #14 on this thread. Glinda didn't make her equally stupid comment until post #20.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •