Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh the horror! Not jingoistic talking points! Wait, defaced images of the president! What terrorists!


    Nobody supported McVeigh. He didn't get an anti-government photo-op, didn't provide sweetheart deals to our president, and certainly wasn't his friend.
    high school girl: 1
    Glinda: 0
    Irony? Priceless.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Oh, there was definitely a point.

    Is anyone here surprised you're incapable of figuring it out? Nah.
    You've been here a lot longer than I have, so I have confidence that the smart ones have pegged you as I have. Your avatar sums it up nicely:

    All Hat. No Cattle.

  3. #33
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Liberals hate America just as much as conservatives do. No need to argue about it.

  4. #34
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Is this the liberals? I know that they don't like america as much as regular people.






    Taylor--please do tell. Who are the regular people? Do you know there regular because of the way they look, because they tell you that they don't suffer from constipation....???

    Just curious.




    .


    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Why is my statement wrong? It's liberals who snivel at people who are outwardly patriotic. And it's liberals that are always obsessed with changing the country -- i.e. it's not good the way it is. It's liberals that are embarrassed about our country and apologize for it.

    I have no doubt that if I were to submit a "how much do you love your country" survey (say scale 1 to 10)... liberals would score lower.
    You really should not generalize like you are. Nothing you are saying is accurate because of the generalizations.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #36
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Do you honestly believe that liberals would score the same as the rest of us on a "how much do you love your country" scale?
    It would be an unfair test. GOPers haz trubbel wiff werdz, y'no.


  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    Taylor--please do tell. Who are the regular people? Do you know there regular because of the way they look, because they tell you that they don't suffer from constipation....???
    YOu know, those of us who live in the flyover zones.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I claim nothing more than a broad generalization. I don't claim to be able to predict the leaning of every single liberal. My statements weren't unsubstantiated, I provided examples. You would figure into my world view as an outlier -- like a golden retriever that bites kids or an honest politician.

    Do you honestly believe that liberals would score the same as the rest of us on a "how much do you love your country" scale?
    Just as a suggestion, Taylor. Posting overgeneralizing, hyperpartisan stuff like you are will get you confronted and your positions to be shown fallacious pretty quickly. You might want to start using the word "some" what you start attempting to make some of these silly overgeneralizations. It would make your positions seem far more valid, though, truthfully, any overgeneralizations about liberals or conservatives are pretty silly,
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just as a suggestion, Taylor. Posting overgeneralizing, hyperpartisan stuff like you are will get you confronted and your positions to be shown fallacious pretty quickly. You might want to start using the word "some" what you start attempting to make some of these silly overgeneralizations. It would make your positions seem far more valid, though, truthfully, any overgeneralizations about liberals or conservatives are pretty silly,
    And yet, Glinda continues to do it, and people totally take her seriously.

    Wait. never mind.

  10. #40
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Left wing terrorist = bomb government buildings
    You mean like Timothy McVeigh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Nobody supported McVeigh.
    Who's saying anybody supported McVeigh? What the hell are you talking about? You said that (paraphrase) left wingers hate America and are terrorists who bomb government buildings. I countered your ignorant comments with McVeigh - a RIGHT WINGER who blew up a government building and hundreds of people along with it.

    Do you honestly not understand the point I'm making here? Really?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •