Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #371
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You're missing the point
    There is no point. Your initial post was a silly distortion of the truth and your subsequent statements were devoid of any supporting evidence. Clearly biased to imply that while right wing terrorist get no love, left wing terrorists are admired by some fictional liberal circle your mind imagined. Now obviously, it's clear you've never read a book on the way terrorism works because if you had you wouldn't be foolish to think or even state that either left wing or right wing forms of terrorist activity could flourish and gain any kind of ground without a supporting base of people. It simply does not happen. It doesn't happen in Islamic terrorism, it doesn't happen in Hindu terrorism. Terrorism simply doesn't happen without some sort of support from a particular demographic be it ideological or religion. This by logic alone destroys any claim, inference, suggestion, opinion, whatever you'd like to call your posts that the right wing is immune to supporting the same kind of extremism as the left wing.

    and I don't blame you because this thread is so ungodly long. This was addressed somewhere back there when someone else brought it up. The difference is that Bill Ayers is a cult hero in some circles on the left, whereas everybody hates Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nickels, The Branch Davidians, Ruby Ridge, etc.
    Really? Everybody?

    People on the internet disagree with you :

    REMEMBER WACO!

    You DO NOT use military force against our own citizens, especially women and children!!
    People on the street disagree with you :



    Libertarian think tanks disagree with you :

    Remember Ruby Ridge | Tim Lynch | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

    On August 21, 1992 a paramilitary unit of the U.S. Marshals Service ventured onto the 20-acre property known as Ruby Ridge. A man named Randy Weaver owned the land and he lived there with his wife, children, and a family friend, Kevin Harris. There was an outstanding warrant for Weaver's arrest for a firearms offense and the marshals were surveilling the premises. When the family dog noticed the marshals sneaking around in the woods, it began to bark wildly. Weaver's 14-year-old boy, Sammy, and Kevin Harris proceeded to grab their rifles because they thought the dog had come upon a wild animal.
    Are you in high school? Because that is the only conceivable way which I believe you'd state something as ignorant of American culture as ' everybody hates Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nickels, The Branch Davidians, Ruby Ridge, etc.' Like religious extremism, political extremism doesn't grow by itself. It needs people to support it. And people do. Your comments are generalizations. Now ask me to prove your statement wrong when the burden of proof is on you.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-02-09 at 02:06 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #372
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There is no point. Your initial post was a silly distortion of the truth and your subsequent statements were devoid of any supporting evidence. Clearly biased to imply that while right wing terrorist get no love, left wing terrorists are admired by some fictional liberal circle your mind imagined.
    Did I imagine Barrack Obama, Vanity Fair photo-ops, a distinguished professorship? All for a guy who readily admits he was a terrorist that got off on a technicality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Now obviously, it's clear you've never read a book on the way terrorism works because if you had you wouldn't be foolish to think or even state that either left wing or right wing forms of terrorist activity could flourish and gain any kind of ground without a supporting base of people.
    To some of us it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that you don't have terrorism without people (i.e. terrorists). Did you really need to read a book to pick up on that?

    Alas, it's irrelevant to the earlier discussion that was started by Glinda. I suggest you read it.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Did I imagine Barrack Obama, Vanity Fair photo-ops, a distinguished professorship? All for a guy who readily admits he was a terrorist that got off on a technicality.

    To some of us it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that you don't have terrorism without people (i.e. terrorists). Did you really need to read a book to pick up on that?

    Alas, it's irrelevant to the earlier discussion that was started by Glinda. I suggest you read it.
    Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking as well as your debate skills. No son. I didn't say terrorism doesn't happen without 'people (ie. terrorists)'. I said terrorism doesn't happen without a support base. As your understanding of what a support base is nonexistent, I'll give you an analogy(you know what that is right?) your young high school mind can understand.

    Imagine there is a soccer team called 'The Terrorists'. Our fictional team is one of the worst. They lose pretty much every game because they always score on themselves. However this fictional soccer team of ours still manages to get funding, jerseys, websites etc. because of devoted fans who don't play the game but still support their team. These fans are what you would call a 'support base'. Without them, this team of ours wouldn't exist. Take away some fans and what happens? The team has less funding, the jerseys aren't as nice and the website constantly crashes. Take away all the fans and what happens? No funding, no jerseys, no website. The fans or 'support base' are essential to the existence of the team.

    Do you understand now? Good.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #374
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Take away all the fans and what happens? No funding, no jerseys, no website. The fans or 'support base' are essential to the existence of the team.

    Do you understand now? Good.
    I'm really not going to get dragged into yet another debate that has nothing to do with the thread. I'll just say that there are lots of examples of terrorist activities that occur without a "base" as you describe it. In our own country we had the unibomber, the two idiots with sniper rifles, numerous pubescent idiots who shot up schools, etc. etc. etc.

    Go Team Unibomber!

  5. #375
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'm really not going to get dragged into yet another debate that has nothing to do with the thread.
    YOU brought up something which was irrelevant to the thread. Your clearly false belief that right wingers are immune to supporting the same nonsense as some far left liberals.

    I'll just say that there are lots of examples of terrorist activities that occur without a "base" as you describe it. In our own country we had the unibomber, the two idiots with sniper rifles, numerous pubescent idiots who shot up schools, etc. etc. etc.

    Go Team Unibomber!
    You simply do not understand what I'm trying to say yet do you? Your reading comprehension is SERIOUSLY lacking now. The support base doesn't necessarily have to be people working with the terrorists, it can come from outside sources. This is why I threw in the jersey reference in the analogy. I'll further explain this part of the analogy :

    Theodore John Kaczynski, the unabomber, acted alone but that does not mean he, in his ideology was alone. Which is what I'm trying to explain to you. He simply didn't wake up one morning and became the first anarchist to advocate terrorism and engage in it. The seclusion he engaged in has been advocated by thousands across this country. In fact we have people on this very forum who advocate 'going back' to nature and removing ourselves from society. Many anarchist writers have come to his defense after his attacks proving he was not alone in his beliefs and there is an obvious support for the nonsense he believes in. This is something which forms part of the support base. People don't just wake up one day and start blowing things up because they want to. This is something that is fostered and allowed to grow through many different ways.

    In respect to the D.C. Snipers, Lee Boy Malvo and John Allen Mohammed both these guys were not only devoted Muslims but modeled themselves after images of people like Bin Laden and thought of themselves as American Mujaheddin. This is basically the same as above only even more developed. These guys frequented Islamic anti-zionist websites. They simply didn't wake up one morning and decided to become Muslims and started hating everything American. No. They found their base and whether or not this base came forward in their support for them, they knew they weren't alone in their way of thinking. This is all part of the analogy I've been trying to explain to you. Seriously, if you knew anything about terrorism this would be kid's work for you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #376
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    YOU brought up something which was irrelevant to the thread. Your clearly false belief that right wingers are immune to supporting the same nonsense as some far left liberals.
    Yo! Mr. "Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking" please reread post 372 -- that whole thing was started by Glinda, and i'm not going to get pulled into another side thread on a side thread started by you.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You simply do not understand what I'm trying to say yet do you? Your reading comprehension is SERIOUSLY lacking now. The support base doesn't necessarily have to be people working with the terrorists, it can come from outside sources. This is why I threw in the jersey reference in the analogy. I'll further explain this part of the analogy :

    Theodore John Kaczynski, the unabomber, acted alone but that does not mean he, in his ideology was alone. Which is what I'm trying to explain to you. He simply didn't wake up one morning and became the first anarchist to advocate terrorism and engage in it. The seclusion he engaged in has been advocated by thousands across this country. In fact we have people on this very forum who advocate 'going back' to nature and removing ourselves from society. Many anarchist writers have come to his defense after his attacks proving he was not alone in his beliefs and there is an obvious support for the nonsense he believes in. This is something which forms part of the support base. People don't just wake up one day and start blowing things up because they want to. This is something that is fostered and allowed to grow through many different ways.

    In respect to the D.C. Snipers, Lee Boy Malvo and John Allen Mohammed both these guys were not only devoted Muslims but modeled themselves after images of people like Bin Laden and thought of themselves as American Mujaheddin. This is basically the same as above only even more developed. These guys frequented Islamic anti-zionist websites. They simply didn't wake up one morning and decided to become Muslims and started hating everything American. No. They found their base and whether or not this base came forward in their support for them, they knew they weren't alone in their way of thinking. This is all part of the analogy I've been trying to explain to you. Seriously, if you knew anything about terrorism this would be kid's work for you.
    Do you not see the absurdity? So broadly defined, can you name a single person on the planet that doesn't have a "support base?"

    Sorry, that's my last post on the topic.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Do you not see the absurdity? So broadly defined, can you name a single person on the planet that doesn't have a "support base?"

    Sorry, that's my last post on the topic.
    No. I'm speaking specifically on terrorism. It doesn't happen without there being people there who support it regardless of how many people want to blow themselves up. It simply doesn't.

    Yo! Mr. "Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking" please reread post 372 -- that whole thing was started by Glinda, and i'm not going to get pulled into another side thread on a side thread started by you.
    This is what I'm addressing :

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Right wing terrorist = go to town hall and speak your mind

    Left wing terrorist (the kind Obama supports) = bomb government buildings, plan to bomb a bunch of policemen but instead blow yourselves up because you smoked too much weed. Go into hiding for years, get out on a technicality, then become a professor and stomp on your flag for a photo op.

    Have any other battles you would like to lose?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #379
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    CaptainCourtesy,

    It's clear from your constant attacks on me that I've hit a nerve. I do have an acerbic posting style and do not back down from a fight, but assure you no harm was intended. I sometimes go too far in assuming that everyone's skin is as thick as mine.

    I'd like to continue our debate, but in my own interest have decided to refrain from further discussion with you until things cool down.

    Taylor
    Trust me. You hit no nerve. Your acerbic posting style is not an issue. Your lack of logic with your arguments and your inability to admit you are wrong is the issue, only in the sense that it reflect poorly on how you are presenting yourself. Plenty of folks around here are acerbic. When you mix lack of reason with that acidity, that's where the problems surface.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah, because this thread wasn't already going downhill.
    Ah, and now the excuse making. Carry on by all means.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •