Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #321
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Wow. You're totally not worth the effort. By the way, have you visited the Basement yet?
    I know -- to be able to discuss logic at my level you'd actually have to read that book you recommended, and taken a few more classes.

    You just got spanked.

  2. #322
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I removed your name based on the explanation you provided.
    Thanks, I'll sleep a lot better tonight now.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I know -- to be able to discuss logic at my level.
    I'd have to go back to junior high again. And, at age 43, that's something I'm unwilling to do.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now let's look at those statements. You attempted to make a broad, sweeping statement about a group of people(we love our country less as a group) with three statements. The first is laughable, since very few liberals "snivel at people who are patriotic". In point of fact, based on my observations from being a liberal, we mostly condemn those who do this. You are trying to use the acts of a few to smear a whole group.

    Your second argument is even more laughable. Both ends of the political spectrum, and in fact those in the middle, think there are things that this country can do better. The desire to make the country as best it can be is, to my way of thinking, a great example of actually loving your country. I do not think there is anything greater we can do for our country.

    Your last argument is pretty weak as well. Admitting that our country has made mistakes is not disliking our country. When we make a mistake, we should admit to the mistake, and apologize for it. To not do so is a sign of weakness to my mind.

    So, all three of your arguments as to why us liberals love the country less than "regular people" are weak at best.
    Now, THAT'S a great post! This is debate!!! You make very good points -- I wish the dicusssion were like this 20 pages ago.

    You:
    1) actually identify an argument (three premises to support a conclusion)
    2) counter each premise (note the premises don't have to be established facts!!!)
    3) arrive at reasonable conclusion

  5. #325
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'd have to go back to junior high again. And, at age 43, that's something I'm unwilling to do.
    I know it's hard to admit when you're wrong, hon -- but I know next time you try to pull that crap you'll do your homework.

  6. #326
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Now, THAT'S a great post! This is debate!!! You make very good points -- I wish the dicusssion were like this 20 pages ago.

    You:
    1) actually identify an argument (three premises to support a conclusion)
    2) counter each premise (note the premises don't have to be established facts!!!)
    3) arrive at reasonable conclusion
    I don't know what to tell you, but this is essentially what people have been saying since you made your original statement. I don't know why the light bulb suddenly went on for you.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't know what to tell you, but this is essentially what people have been saying since you made your original statement. I don't know why the light bulb suddenly went on for you.
    Maybe she needs LONG sentences. I think she's still stuck in 5-paragraph theme land.

  8. #328
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I know it's hard to admit when you're wrong, hon -- but I know next time you try to pull that crap you'll do your homework.
    What homework? You made an idiotic post and people called you on it and instead of admitting that you were wrong in making said statements you opted to desperately try and dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in and then resorted to childish insults. Plus, the fact that you think you actually schooled some people here is even more of a joke.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What homework?
    The next time Catz tries to call me on a logical fallacy, she'll try extra hard to get it right, depending on whether she's the type to hold a grudge and try to vindicate herself. Time will tell.

    Given that she's treating a single premise as a full blown argument by making up premises based on poor reasoning skills, I'd say she has a long way to go.

    Since you seem to agree with her reasoning, you're on the same boat.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    The next time Catz tries to call me on a logical fallacy, she'll try extra hard to get it right, depending on whether she's the type to hold a grudge and try to vindicate herself. Time will tell.
    Yes, you've totally set yourself up here as someone to impress. ^.^

    Were you trying to lower expectations right out of the gate so you could come along later and wow us?

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •