Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    One of the best classes I took in undergrad was a basic logic course. Might help certain collegians here, too.
    Seriously. Of course, we're old school, from institutions of learning with a higher mandate.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Conservatives are incapable of admitting they are wrong, even when they are. Your posts here are an excellent example of that.
    ....unlike Liberals who wouldn't know they were wrong and therefore never HAVE to admit they are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Now, that we have gotten through the hyperpartisan foolishness, do you plan on posting anything that demonstrates that you can post something other than hyperbole?
    Oh no; not the "hyper partisan" BS again!! OH my, lions and tigers and bears oh my.

    And of course, Liberals NEVER enter into useless hyperbolic blather; if we were to judge Liberals opinions based on that yardstick we would never be able to take them serious.

    I love all that selective outrage you display; it's so ....... what's the word....hypocritical?


  3. #283
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Anyone else want to jump on the sinking ship with Catz? Anyone else agree that my initial statement in this thread was a "fallacy of composition?"

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058226817

    Sorry Catz, logic isn't your strong suit, you'd do well not to try to coach others. I suggest you tuck that one away and save it for someone that says something like, "I know a liberal who hates America, therefore they all hate America."

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    If that's where you developed your understanding of logical fallacies, I'll keep my distance, thanks.
    Actually, I honed my understanding of logic in Mr. Flanagan's class in high school, and 2 logic classes in college, not to mention argumentation, rhetoric, and 7 years of debate (high school and college).

    But, thanks.

  5. #285
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, I honed my understanding of logic in Mr. Flanagan's class in high school, and 2 logic classes in college, not to mention argumentation, rhetoric, and 7 years of debate (high school and college).

    But, thanks.
    And yet you can't correctly interpret a straightforward fallacy? If I were you I'd keep that resume to myself.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    And yet you can't correctly interpret a straightforward fallacy? If I were you I'd keep that resume to myself.
    Sweetie, I did. Your argument was fallacious. You, apparently, are the only person on here who doesn't appear to recognize it. But thanks for playing!

  7. #287
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Sweetie, I did. Your argument was fallacious. You, apparently, are the only person on here who doesn't appear to recognize it. But thanks for playing!
    The funny thing is that you believe yourself.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    The funny thing is that you believe yourself.
    No, the funny thing is that you think you're winning.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Anyone else want to jump on the sinking ship with Catz? Anyone else agree that my initial statement in this thread was a "fallacy of composition?"

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058226817

    Sorry Catz, logic isn't your strong suit, you'd do well not to try to coach others. I suggest you tuck that one away and save it for someone that says something like, "I know a liberal who hates America, therefore they all hate America."
    Any other takers for the Catz interpretation of this fallacy???

  10. #290
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Anyone else want to jump on the sinking ship with Catz? Anyone else agree that my initial statement in this thread was a "fallacy of composition?"

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058226817

    Sorry Catz, logic isn't your strong suit, you'd do well not to try to coach others. I suggest you tuck that one away and save it for someone that says something like, "I know a liberal who hates America, therefore they all hate America."
    And to think this all could have been avoided if you had been more articulate in your post.

    Why not just admit that you weren't articulate enough and didn't make it clear enough that you were stating an opinion? Then we could move on and continue discussing the topic at hand rather than getting philosophical about the nature of opinion vs. theory vs. fact.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •