Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 403

Thread: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

  1. #131
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    First you libs want some kinda link to backup her statement.... you get it, then you complain that it's subjective when it's a subjective emotion.

    Heads you win, tails she loses.... libs.
    Nope.. because the link does not back up her statement, and just because I have a "label" next to my name saying I am a lib does not mean that I wanted a link to back up her claims just because a few other libs requested such, nor does that mean that I fall under the generalization of all libs either

    The point is the emotion is subjective, which you just stated, and as such can not be "measured"

  2. #132
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,168

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I also explain why I disagree with a solid reason.
    Really? I didn't see any proof or data. Here you go again claiming a "solid reason" -- but that's just your opinion.

    Wow, this game is incredibly boring. When can we get back to discussing the issues?

  3. #133
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Let me save you some time. In fields known as the "social sciences" they often must rely on what are called hypothetical constructs. Happiness is one of these.
    Right. The methodology is to ask people how happy they are on a scale of 1 to 10. Utterly and completely subjective.


    Scientists Discover How to Measure Happiness Exactly


    Now here is the scientific, complex measurement process of which they speak:

    Social scientists measure happiness simply by asking people how happy they are.


    This is the scientific breakthrough the world has waited for. The mad scientist asks, "How happy are you on a scale of 1 to 10?"

    "About five", you say, thinking of great sex, a good movie, and a surly waitress at lunch.

    "Aha", says he/she, "you are a moderately happy person."

    It is scientific and high-tech.
    NOT!

  4. #134
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Read it again.... Pew did the survey, NYU did the study to find out why.
    I understand that. It is still using dated information, guesswork(you did read the study, right?), to explain something that may or may not be true any more.

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Really? I didn't see any proof or data. Here you go again claiming a "solid reason" -- but that's just your opinion.

    Wow, this game is incredibly boring. When can we get back to discussing the issues?
    I gave a solid reason for my opinion. Now, since as you state you want to go back to discussion the issue, can you defend you statement that liberals love their country less than "regular people", or are you going to continue to duck away from that statement?

  6. #136
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I understand that. It is still using dated information, guesswork(you did read the study, right?), to explain something that may or may not be true any more.
    Head you win, tails I lose.... got it.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,168

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I gave a solid reason for my opinion. Now, since as you state you want to go back to discussion the issue, can you defend you statement that liberals love their country less than "regular people", or are you going to continue to duck away from that statement?
    I provided "solid reasons" earlier in this thread, which you chose to ignore. Please review.

  8. #138
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Why is my statement wrong? It's liberals who snivel at people who are outwardly patriotic. And it's liberals that are always obsessed with changing the country -- i.e. it's not good the way it is. It's liberals that are embarrassed about our country and apologize for it.

    I have no doubt that if I were to submit a "how much do you love your country" survey (say scale 1 to 10)... liberals would score lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I provided "solid reasons" earlier in this thread, which you chose to ignore. Please review.
    Really, you make this too easy. Those are not even remotely solid reasons. They are easily countered by "it's conservatives talking about seceding from the US". I have now offered as much backing for why liberals love their country more than conservatives, as you have to back your argument that it's the other way around.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,168

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I understand that. It is still using dated information, guesswork(you did read the study, right?), to explain something that may or may not be true any more.
    Did you not read that it goes back to 1972? That's over 30 consecutive years of the same trend.

  10. #140
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: 'We hate the United States': Secessionists rally in Texas

    Taylor, are you happy?

    If so, how happy?

    Can an independent source confirm this happiness level?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •