Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Yes, but at the cost of our honor and the dignity we may have had as a nation. Cheney is an evil crook and should be locked up for the rest of his natural life. He disgusts me.
    There's no honor, nor dignity in losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's no honor, nor dignity in losing.
    There is in upholding ones ideals, integrity, and resolve though.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Yes, but at the cost of our honor and the dignity we may have had as a nation. Cheney is an evil crook and should be locked up for the rest of his natural life. He disgusts me.
    We did what was necessary to protect our nation in a time of war; nothing dishonorable about that.

  4. #14
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,132
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Not surprisingly, it seems that the anti Bush/anti-war/anti-American crowd here, seems to have either missed the point of this thread, or just chose to ignore it. Let me help you all out...

    The point is, the claim by democrats and far left liberals that enhanced interrogation techniques were not effective, was false. Of course most of us already knew this, because we were told so several times over the years by the people who know... the CIA.

    We listened to them, rather than the partisan democratic blowhards on Capitol Hill, who shamelessly lied to the American people and the entire world, for nothing more than cheap political gain... Again, I'm not surprised in the least.

    .
    Last edited by Grim17; 08-25-09 at 06:32 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There is in upholding ones ideals, integrity, and resolve though.
    None of which mean jack anymore, if you lose. There are no good sportmanship awards in a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    None of which mean jack anymore, if you lose. There are no good sportmanship awards in a war.
    Well to be fair, if we stick to our ideals and integrity there's no way the terrorists can win. They may get a successful attack here and there, but they'll never beat us.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well to be fair, if we stick to our ideals and integrity there's no way the terrorists can win. They may get a successful attack here and there, but they'll never beat us.
    That's the most naive view point of war that I've ever heard. You're not going to kill the enemy with good intentions. History has proven that the side that responds with most speed and violence is the winner.

    Were we worried about, "ideals an integrity", when we turned Tokyo into ashes? How 'bout when we leveled Hamburg, Dresdin, Berlin and Stuttgart? What about when we caused 15,000 French casualties during the invasion of Normandy? No, we didn't. Why? Because without victory all those, "ideals and integrity", didn't mean ****.

    Those, "ideals and integity", are what brought us 9/11.
    Last edited by apdst; 08-25-09 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's the most naive view point of war that I've ever heard. You're not going to kill the enemy with good intentions. History has proven that the side that responds with most speed and violence is the winner.

    Were we worried about, "ideals an integrity", when we turned Tokyo into ashes? How 'bout when we leveled Hamburg, Dresdin, Berlin and Stuttgart? What about when we caused 15,000 French casualties during the invasion of Normandy? No, we didn't. Why? Because without victory all those, "ideals and integrity", didn't mean ****.

    Those, "ideals and integity", are what brought us 9/11.
    No, horrible interventionist policies breeding deep seeded anti-American attitudes which play straight into the hands of terrorist organizations led to 9/11. This is what I mean by understanding that actions have consequences and understanding what those consequences are. Some people grasp at the most immediate thing without applying thought.

    As for my comment, there's no way terrorists can beat America. And if we stick to our ideology we don't let the government grow, become too intrusive, and usurp liberty. There's no way they can destroy this country, no way for them to change our government, no way for them to make us do anything, no way to bog us down in occupational wars which accomplish nothing. So you can keep running your mouth, but if you think a few terrorists can take down America then you have a very insulting opinion of this country, it's resolve, and its character.

    Also, all your examples were from WW II, the last officially declared war. Iraq is more comparable to Vietnam or Korea. Undeclared, occupational war against an entrenched enemy which does near nothing for our own interests.
    Last edited by Ikari; 08-25-09 at 08:01 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Yes, but at the cost of our honor and the dignity we may have had as a nation. Cheney is an evil crook and should be locked up for the rest of his natural life. He disgusts me.
    Thank you for admitting that it works, and that lives were saved. You are now officially on the record. Carry on.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: CIA enhanced interigation docs released. Cheney responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Enhanced interrogation...i.e. torture. If you want to torture, have the spine and resolve to at least own up to it.
    Your post demonstrates that you care more about Semitics than saving lives.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •