Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 180

Thread: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

  1. #81
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    So, it's union busting, and I commented on it. No big deal if you'd rather not address the content of my post.

    Later,

    You can yammer on about whatever you want; it has nothing to do with anything I said.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #82
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Again card check does not take away the private voting from union members. Card check would allow non-members the chance to join a union through a majority signing cards. However, leadership elections as well as any other internal decision in unions is determined by the union's constitution. Card check would not change how these decisions are made.
    Really?

    EFCA supporters on Capitol Hill are now contemplating the union bosses’ plan to replace card check with a measure that would enable union elections to be held within five or 10 days of filing a petition with the National Labor Relations Board.


    This would be about as fair as the Iranian presidential election. Quicker elections give union bosses the opportunity to lobby workers — in many cases, without the knowledge of the employer or the majority of employees — while disallowing the small business the opportunity to communicate with its own employees about unionization.


    Quick elections are simply another way for union bosses to force unionization on businesses and gain dues from workers with little regard for how increased costs and burdens will affect an employer’s ability to stay in business.



    Read more: Binding arbitration is still bad for workers - Steve Forbes - POLITICO.com

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I don't like it at all, whether it's the union blacklist, a government's enemies' list or what not. But if one reads the fine print on their job applications, especially in an "at will" state, employers can terminate employment of an individual at any time and for any reason.

    Unions have no place today because of the plethora of laws and regulations that have been enacted over the last century. Enforcement is the key here. I'm quite sure most businesses don't screw with their rank and file. My company sure as hell doesn't.
    Its against the law to fire employees just because they are trying to form a union. This is one of the laws that has been enacted over the last century. Is this is a law that you don't want to see enforced? Entirely enforcing labor law is impossible. Think about how many people break traffic laws every day even though we have city police and state patrol actively monitoring highways. We we don't have state agents in any business (this is not really desirable). Abuses of labor law are pervasive and companies do screw with the rank and file. Your job is anecdotal and not representative of the experience of many workers. Just look at the NLRB hearings and you will see plenty of abuse. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff goes unreported. The treat of retaliation is real. Of course in your world employers should be able to fire workers for any reason. So I guess, you would be alright with retaliatory or at least would not deem them illegal. Funny but your mentality is precisely a reason that unions are still relevant.

  4. #84
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Its against the law to fire employees just because they are trying to form a union. This is one of the laws that has been enacted over the last century. Is this is a law that you don't want to see enforced? Entirely enforcing labor law is impossible. Think about how many people break traffic laws every day even though we have city police and state patrol actively monitoring highways. We we don't have state agents in any business (this is not really desirable). Abuses of labor law are pervasive and companies do screw with the rank and file. Your job is anecdotal and not representative of the experience of many workers. Just look at the NLRB hearings and you will see plenty of abuse. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff goes unreported. The treat of retaliation is real. Of course in your world employers should be able to fire workers for any reason. So I guess, you would be alright with retaliatory or at least would not deem them illegal. Funny but your mentality is precisely a reason that unions are still relevant.
    So in your twisted little world, if we had 100% union membership, there would be no private sector economy! Only government jobs for the well-connected to the union bosses and everyone else is on the government tit!!!! That is your ideal world, Komrade!!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  5. #85
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Its against the law to fire employees just because they are trying to form a union. This is one of the laws that has been enacted over the last century. Is this is a law that you don't want to see enforced? Entirely enforcing labor law is impossible. Think about how many people break traffic laws every day even though we have city police and state patrol actively monitoring highways. We we don't have state agents in any business (this is not really desirable). Abuses of labor law are pervasive and companies do screw with the rank and file. Your job is anecdotal and not representative of the experience of many workers. Just look at the NLRB hearings and you will see plenty of abuse. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff goes unreported. The treat of retaliation is real. Of course in your world employers should be able to fire workers for any reason. So I guess, you would be alright with retaliatory or at least would not deem them illegal. Funny but your mentality is precisely a reason that unions are still relevant.
    The way I look at it,,,if you work for me, you're taking MY MONEY for "Services Rendered". If you can't, or won't do the job I hired you for, Adios.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    Really?

    EFCA supporters on Capitol Hill are now contemplating the union bosses’ plan to replace card check with a measure that would enable union elections to be held within five or 10 days of filing a petition with the National Labor Relations Board.


    This would be about as fair as the Iranian presidential election. Quicker elections give union bosses the opportunity to lobby workers — in many cases, without the knowledge of the employer or the majority of employees — while disallowing the small business the opportunity to communicate with its own employees about unionization.


    Quick elections are simply another way for union bosses to force unionization on businesses and gain dues from workers with little regard for how increased costs and burdens will affect an employer’s ability to stay in business.



    Read more: Binding arbitration is still bad for workers - Steve Forbes - POLITICO.com
    I don't know how to make this more clear. Card Check does not change how internal decisions within a union are made. Card Check is about union recognition. Why on earth would you say or quote someone who says a fair secret ballot election monitored by the NLRB, is about as fair the Iranian Presidential election? The Iranian presidential election was won through electoral fraud. Absolutely no one is considering electoral fraud of any sort here. Moreover, why is ten days not enough time? Workers are know their working conditions. Are you saying that worker's need more than 10 days of management's advice to know what is in their best interests? Why do worker's need a day much less 10 days of management's advice? This seems absurd as well as demeaning.

  7. #87
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    The way I look at it,,,if you work for me, you're taking MY MONEY for "Services Rendered". If you can't, or won't do the job I hired you for, Adios.
    Hence, the fine print on employment applications.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Hence, the fine print on employment applications.
    Once again it's against the law to fire workers for the reason that they are trying to join a union. EFCA would make this more secure. The fine print on the application doesn't matter.

  9. #89
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Once again it's against the law to fire workers for the reason that they are trying to join a union. EFCA would make this more secure. The fine print on the application doesn't matter.
    And if these ****-for-brains Union stooges strike, guess what?!?! Mr. Employer, who needs to stay in business, will hire new people, period! End of Sentence!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Hence, the fine print on employment applications.
    I'm still a bit confused about why would would say that the current laws offer employees enough protection and that the key is in enforcement and then in a second breath insinuate that employers should violate the law.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •