Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 180

Thread: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

  1. #71
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    That's an entirely different topic. And doesn't belong in this Post. Stick to the subject please.
    Agreed, I was pointing out the double standards that liberals love to use!!!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    Speaking of Union Busting,,,this isn't being proposed by anyone, other than the B.O. Adminstration. True?

    1) The first thing is to take away private voting by Union members by using a program called Card Checks. What is that you say? Well that is a way that will expose your private vote to your leaders. You will no longer be able to easily vote your conscience if you disagree with the majority in power. Right now that is overwhelmingly left wing. I know some of you oh so enlightened lefties are saying “Oh but I would never discriminate against you conservatives and I would respect your rights for sure.” All this while the bumper sticker on your car still says “Die Bush, Die!” This sentiment is exactly why most conservatives cannot speak out in this wacky town. But while you chew on that for a moment, imagine if the same thing were reversed and conservatives were totally in power and you believed that if you expressed your opinion, in vote form, for all to see, your livelihood could be in danger. Free choice in private voting is the key to our Constitutional Republic and should not be compromised in any way for any party. Period.
    Again card check does not take away the private voting from union members. Card check would allow non-members the chance to join a union through a majority signing cards. However, leadership elections as well as any other internal decision in unions is determined by the union's constitution. Card check would not change how these decisions are made.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Back to how to kill a union. Be corrupt as a union is one way to kill it.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I think monopolies are bad because they stifle competition.
    I'm an still interested in why you think stifling competition is bad in the context of our discussion. Of course, if you want to leave at this, I suppose that is fine. (Although a little less engaging).

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    I'm an still interested in why you think stifling competition is bad in the context of our discussion. Of course, if you want to leave at this, I suppose that is fine. (Although a little less engaging).
    Competition is good, monopoly no.

  6. #76
    Student angrycarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Last Seen
    11-06-09 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    234

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by angrycarpenter View Post
    The bald faced lie in this article is that removing the secret ballot is somehow robbing workers of their right to unionize. the way it works these days is that a worker who wants to unionize requests sign up cards from a union. These cards are almost always signed in secret. After 60% or so of workers sign, these cards are presented to management along with a demand to unionize. Then management swings into action. Since current laws say that management can demand a secret ballot before allowing a union they schedule one for as remote a date as they can get away with, in the meantime they have a stack of cards listing the names of who they will go after. They fire people, cut hours, hire professional union busters to come in and spread fear and many other things to insure that when it comes time to vote, everyone doing so is in fear for their job.

    I explained earlier how the current secret ballot system puts the list of names of union supporters in the hands of management and gives them plenty of time to retaliate against workers. I thought I would remind this thread of how it works.

  7. #77
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by angrycarpenter View Post
    I explained earlier how the current secret ballot system puts the list of names of union supporters in the hands of management and gives them plenty of time to retaliate against workers. I thought I would remind this thread of how it works.
    And why shouldn't management do what is necessary for the well being of the company??


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  8. #78
    Student angrycarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Last Seen
    11-06-09 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    234

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    And why shouldn't management do what is necessary for the well being of the company??
    I seem to remember a thread a few days ago about the Whitehouse allegedly collecting an enemies list to punish those who spread dubious e-mails and how totally pissed you were about what an organization that had such great power to destroy your life would do with a such a list.

    While there is no evidence that the White house compiling an enemies list the practice is SOP in the corporate world. Is an enemies list only evil if the government does it? it is still the powerful using their power to put the little guy in his place.
    Last edited by angrycarpenter; 08-15-09 at 11:03 PM.

  9. #79
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by angrycarpenter View Post
    I seem to remember a thread a few days ago about the Whitehouse allegedly collecting an enemies list to punish those who spread dubious e-mails and how totally pissed you were about what an organization that had such great power to destroy your life would do with a such a list.
    I don't like it at all, whether it's the union blacklist, a government's enemies' list or what not. But if one reads the fine print on their job applications, especially in an "at will" state, employers can terminate employment of an individual at any time and for any reason.

    While there is no evidence that the White house compiling an enemies list the practice is SOP in the corporate world. Is an enemies list only evil if the government does it? it is still the powerful using their power to put the little guy in his place.
    Unions have no place today because of the plethora of laws and regulations that have been enacted over the last century. Enforcement is the key here. I'm quite sure most businesses don't screw with their rank and file. My company sure as hell doesn't.
    Last edited by Bassman; 08-15-09 at 11:14 PM.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #80
    Student angrycarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Last Seen
    11-06-09 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    234

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I don't like it at all, whether it's the union blacklist, a government's enemies' list or what not. But if one reads the fine print on their job applications, especially in an "at will" state, employers can terminate employment of an individual at any time and for any reason.

    Unions have no place today because of the plethora of laws and regulations that have been enacted over the last century. Enforcement is the key here. I'm quite sure most businesses don't screw with their rank and file. My company sure as hell doesn't.
    I guess once again we are at a stalemate. How could I convince someone that considers unions useless or worse to support fair treatment in how workers unionize? I'm gonna go watch cartoons or something.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •