Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 180

Thread: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

  1. #91
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    I'm still a bit confused about why would would say that the current laws offer employees enough protection and that the key is in enforcement and then in a second breath insinuate that employers should violate the law.
    You forget that in the fine print, it states that the "Employer can terminate without cause and for any reason at any time". IOW, if there is rumblings about union organizing, Mr. Employer can fire him for insubordination. Totally legal!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I don't like it at all, whether it's the union blacklist, a government's enemies' list or what not. But if one reads the fine print on their job applications, especially in an "at will" state, employers can terminate employment of an individual at any time and for any reason.

    Unions have no place today because of the plethora of laws and regulations that have been enacted over the last century. Enforcement is the key here. I'm quite sure most businesses don't screw with their rank and file. My company sure as hell doesn't.
    Here you suggest that employers can also fire workers for race, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. Again this is against the law.

  3. #93
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    I don't know how to make this more clear. Card Check does not change how internal decisions within a union are made. Card Check is about union recognition. Why on earth would you say or quote someone who says a fair secret ballot election monitored by the NLRB, is about as fair the Iranian Presidential election? The Iranian presidential election was won through electoral fraud. Absolutely no one is considering electoral fraud of any sort here. Moreover, why is ten days not enough time? Workers are know their working conditions. Are you saying that worker's need more than 10 days of management's advice to know what is in their best interests? Why do worker's need a day much less 10 days of management's advice? This seems absurd as well as demeaning.
    Jimbo,,,Please. I'm neither in a Union, or a Liberal. So if you'd be so kind, stop trying to blow smoke up my lower posterior. That's demeaning.

    Start your own "Business", and run it the way you're advocating for.
    Last edited by Realist1; 08-16-09 at 01:27 AM.

  4. #94
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Here you suggest that employers can also fire workers for race, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. Again this is against the law.
    That's true, but an employer can fire a union hack for insubordination. Perfectly legal grounds, especially if said employer has had a good relationship with his employees.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    You forget that in the fine print, it states that the "Employer can terminate without cause and for any reason at any time". IOW, if there is rumblings about union organizing, Mr. Employer can fire him for insubordination. Totally legal!
    So now you are suggesting that the employer should fabricate reasons to fire a worker. That is they should violate labor law but try to make it look legal. This is coming from a person who says all we need to do is enforce the current labor laws that we have.

  6. #96
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    So now you are suggesting that the employer should fabricate reasons to fire a worker. That is they should violate labor law but try to make it look legal. This is coming from a person who says all we need to do is enforce the current labor laws that we have.
    All I am telling you is what is in the fine print!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-18-09 @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    Jimbo,,,Please. I'm neither in a Union, or a Liberal. So if you'd be so kind, stop trying to blow smoke up my lower posterior. That's demeaning.

    Start your own "Business", and run it the way you're advocating for.
    Trust me I have absolutely no desire to blow smoke anywhere near your lower posterior. You have consistently misrepresented card check and EFCA throughout this post. Drawing ridiculous comparisons, which are really just pasted from some misguided articles and blogs. All I am doing is asking for a bit of honesty and justification. Instead, I get some taunts. I guess we can just start calling each other names, if you are tried of defending any position.

  8. #98
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Once again it's against the law to fire workers for the reason that they are trying to join a union. EFCA would make this more secure. The fine print on the application doesn't matter.
    So, you're telling me that if an Employee turns into a worthless, useless, typical Union Drone,,,I can't get rid of it.

    Oh yeah,,,That'll make "Good Business Sense.".

  9. #99
    Student angrycarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Last Seen
    11-06-09 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    234

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
    Here you suggest that employers can also fire workers for race, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. Again this is against the law.
    A little advice when arguing with some hardcore conservatives, or any fanatic for that matter.

    You will NEVER get them to admit they were wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

    You will NEVER get them to even see your side of argument much less agree with it.

    They do not care about the substance of an argument. As long as they see themselves as doing battle with infidels they are happy.

    After a while you just have to give up in disgust, they see this as a victory. For most people a discussion is a search for understanding, but for some people it is just a way to enjoy treating others like crap without risking a punch in the nose.

  10. #100
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: How to Kill a Union,,,in 3 Easy Steps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    So, you're telling me that if an Employee turns into a worthless, useless, typical Union Drone,,,I can't get rid of it.

    Oh yeah,,,That'll make "Good Business Sense.".
    Uhh, I think that's EXACTLY what he is telling you!!!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •