Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 113 of 113

Thread: What'll We Do About the Town Hall Screamers? Part 2: The More Things Change...:

  1. #111
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: What'll We Do About the Town Hall Screamers? Part 2: The More Things Change...:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    The competition already has a product sold elsewhere for a fraction the price
    Then why isn't it here? Can you link to this info that you have? Where did you find this out from?

    I'm curious to know why it can't be provided here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Do your own research! Or don't if you don't care. Sheesh, is it really this hard to penetrate?
    You are the one making claims. I am questioning what basis you have to make those claims. The burden of proof is upon YOU, not me. Since you are unwilling to supply evidence for your claims nor are you willing to give your credentials that may qualify you as an expert or informed in the area of interest then I'm forced to conclude you are WRONG or perhaps worse, a LIAR.

    Please tell me on what basis anyone should believe the claims you've made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Does Glaxo Smith Kline sell to the rest of the world at a loss? Advair is just one drug. Are you really so sanguine about being soaked by the drug companies OR subsidizing the rest of the world's drug costs ( choose your interpretation- either way it is a bad deal for Americans)
    I've yet to see reason or evidence that this is true beyond your self pronounced unsubstantiated opinion. Why should ANYONE believe you? Because you say so? Because its possible?
    Last edited by scourge99; 08-19-09 at 02:39 AM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #112
    Professor
    Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    11-02-17 @ 02:39 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: What'll We Do About the Town Hall Screamers? Part 2: The More Things Change...:

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Then why isn't it here? Can you link to this info that you have? Where did you find this out from?

    I'm curious to know why it can't be provided here.

    You are the one making claims. I am questioning what basis you have to make those claims. The burden of proof is upon YOU, not me. Since you are unwilling to supply evidence for your claims nor are you willing to give your credentials that may qualify you as an expert or informed in the area of interest then I'm forced to conclude you are WRONG or perhaps worse, a LIAR.

    Please tell me on what basis anyone should believe the claims you've made?

    I've yet to see reason or evidence that this is true beyond your self pronounced unsubstantiated opinion. Why should ANYONE believe you? Because you say so? Because its possible?
    Google Advair and you will see lots of online Canadian pharmacies which sell it cheaply. The trouble is that it is not safe to buy drugs online from an unknown source so I prefer to go there and know I have a legitimate source. There are various strength levels of Advair. This guy uses a potent expensive version
    http://www.americanblog.com/2009/07/...in-europe.html

    Advair 500-50 DISKUS - 1 month supply

    US: $272.79 (gotta love the 79 cents)
    France: 63 euros, or $89 (mind you, that's with a very weak dollar)

    So a one year supply of Advair will cost you $2200 more in the states than in Europe.

    Symbicort 160-4.5 MCG, 11g - 1 month supply

    US: $194.47 (again, 47 cents?)
    France: 54 euros, or $77 (actually the French drug is 200-6 versus the American drug 160-4.5, so it appears the French one has even more of the drug)

    And a year's supply of Symbicort will cost you $1400 more in the states than in Europe.

    As for the US pharmaceutical industry's argument that they'd just go broke if we didn't let them charge us a 300% mark-up over the cost of the drugs in Europe, then how does France's very well-to-do pharmaceutical industry survive?

    Generally speaking, I thought it was common knowledge that Americans pay much more than everyone else in the world for patented drugs. An Indian company makes Seroflo multi- inhaler (Advair look alike) but it is unavailable in the U.S. as far as I know.

    If you want to discuss this further, I will start a new thread. This has really strayed off-topic.

  3. #113
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: What'll We Do About the Town Hall Screamers? Part 2: The More Things Change...:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Google Advair and you will see lots of online Canadian pharmacies which sell it cheaply. The trouble is that it is not safe to buy drugs online from an unknown source so I prefer to go there and know I have a legitimate source. There are various strength levels of Advair. This guy uses a potent expensive version
    http://www.americanblog.com/2009/07/...in-europe.html

    Advair 500-50 DISKUS - 1 month supply

    US: $272.79 (gotta love the 79 cents)
    France: 63 euros, or $89 (mind you, that's with a very weak dollar)

    So a one year supply of Advair will cost you $2200 more in the states than in Europe.

    Symbicort 160-4.5 MCG, 11g - 1 month supply

    US: $194.47 (again, 47 cents?)
    France: 54 euros, or $77 (actually the French drug is 200-6 versus the American drug 160-4.5, so it appears the French one has even more of the drug)

    And a year's supply of Symbicort will cost you $1400 more in the states than in Europe.

    As for the US pharmaceutical industry's argument that they'd just go broke if we didn't let them charge us a 300% mark-up over the cost of the drugs in Europe, then how does France's very well-to-do pharmaceutical industry survive?

    Generally speaking, I thought it was common knowledge that Americans pay much more than everyone else in the world for patented drugs. An Indian company makes Seroflo multi- inhaler (Advair look alike) but it is unavailable in the U.S. as far as I know.

    If you want to discuss this further, I will start a new thread. This has really strayed off-topic.
    The US should just ban drug companies for selling within the US for more than they sell in other countries. Since they couldn't lower the US prices to match the prices in other countries, they could choose to sell in the US or in other countries or raise prices in those other countries.

    It would be fun watching the food fight between the US and those other countries.

    .

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •