Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    Sorry, I do not have a link for this, so I am providing eyewitness accounts from my boss' relatives in Iran. My boss' brother is Jamal Khanjani, one of the national Bah'ai' leaders in Iran.

    In May of 2008, the entire national leadership of the Bah'ai religion in Iran were imprisoned on trumped up charges, which include spying for Israel and insulting Islam. One of their lawyers, Shirin Ebadi, the Nobel laureate, has been exiled from the country, and their other lawyer is now also in prison.

    The stakes are very high here. The prosecution is seeking the death penalty, and now, with no attorney to represent them, their future looks bleak. In

    I was in the middle of posting this, and looking for a link. The Bah'ai' leadership have all been executed, according to Iran's leadership. The executions were carried out about a week ago, and were announced today. There is now a link here.

    A religion is known by the fruits it bears. Know, then, that Islam is a false religion, and a devilish one. May what they have wroght come back to them. I am sorry. I cannot say much right now. I am going to log off for a while.

    EDIT: I just talked to my boss on the phone. He has told me that the New York Times article is a false story. He had talked to his family in Iran today, and the word is that they are still alive, and their trial is next Tuesday. Whew!! Please pray for them.
    Last edited by danarhea; 08-13-09 at 10:48 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    The New York Times article was a reprint from 1982, which is the last time they executed all of the Bah'ai' leaders. I saw the date at the top as today, but the the part where it says reprinted from 1982 was in very light grey, and I didn't notice that, because I was freaking out... Which I didn't need to do.

    Anyways, the trial of my boss' brother, along with the rest of the Bah'ai' leadership is next week. Please pray for them. Thanx.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    I will definitely be thinking of them.

    I think it's interesting that for years now, the Iranian people have been able to tell themselves that they have a semblance of democracy. They watch our elections, and see that really, we don't have all that many choices when we vote, either. SO they think, "Well, we have limited freedom, but so do they." And then they tell themselves that these limits are necessary because of their true faith.

    Except that their leaders aren't showing themselves to be true to the faith, at all. They're showing that they are greedy, power-hungry, abusive, and the antithesis of what anyone in those positions of spiritual leadership should be.

    I see a smouldering rage in the Iranian people that is not going to be banked, no matter how many dissidents are killed. And every time this regime sheds the blood of new scapegoats, they make the people of Iran more angry.

    They are in my thoughts nearly constantly, and Perham, dear heart, especially you.

    Thanks for posting this, Dan.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Sorry, I do not have a link for this, so I am providing eyewitness accounts from my boss' relatives in Iran. My boss' brother is Jamal Khanjani, one of the national Bah'ai' leaders in Iran.

    In May of 2008, the entire national leadership of the Bah'ai religion in Iran were imprisoned on trumped up charges, which include spying for Israel and insulting Islam. One of their lawyers, Shirin Ebadi, the Nobel laureate, has been exiled from the country, and their other lawyer is now also in prison.

    The stakes are very high here. The prosecution is seeking the death penalty, and now, with no attorney to represent them, their future looks bleak. In

    I was in the middle of posting this, and looking for a link. The Bah'ai' leadership have all been executed, according to Iran's leadership. The executions were carried out about a week ago, and were announced today. There is now a link here.

    A religion is known by the fruits it bears. Know, then, that Islam is a false religion, and a devilish one. May what they have wroght come back to them. I am sorry. I cannot say much right now. I am going to log off for a while.

    EDIT: I just talked to my boss on the phone. He has told me that the New York Times article is a false story. He had talked to his family in Iran today, and the word is that they are still alive, and their trial is next Tuesday. Whew!! Please pray for them.
    The Bahai are very peaceful. I'm so glad this is an old story.

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    The Bahai are very peaceful. I'm so glad this is an old story.
    It may be an old story, but after next Tuesday, it could very well be a new story again.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It may be an old story, but after next Tuesday, it could very well be a new story again.
    I'm glad that someone brought it up.

  7. #7
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran's Bah'ai' leaders go on trial

    Those at the top attempt to strengthen their grip on power by executing peaceful leaders of another religion. I don't see this ending well for the Iranian Muslims in the long run.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •