Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 148

Thread: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, it does say that it's a, "Government of the people, by the people and for the people". IMO, that implies public referenda.
    And those people are who YOU vote in. If you're guy doesn't get in and the other guy votes on something you don't like, too bad.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 08-12-09 at 09:58 PM.

  2. #22
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No it's not. When a president promises that he's going to make the haves give to the have nots and imposes taxes to do just that, then those are punitive taxes.

    The taxes that have been imposed on energy companies and on the citizenry for health care are, indeed, punitive taxes. Remember when PBO talked about all that, "economic justice"???
    again you or I or the guy in the moon may not like taxes, tax structures, tax levels, tax brackets etc but that does not make all taxes punitive. It may or may not make any taxes punitive.

    What in your mind does "haves give to the have nots " mean ? That is just too oopen and nebulus of a term for me.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  3. #23
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, it does say that it's a, "Government of the people, by the people and for the people". IMO, that implies public referenda.
    I tought that "Government of the people, by the people and for the people" was actually from a speech by some very famous and mostly a well respected American president and not in the Constitution.

    Inspirational Quotes
    "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."....Inspirational Quotes by Abraham Lincon.

    You see this is why I have to challenge anyone who makes statements about what is in the Constitutional and what isn't. People, and myself included, do not have the entire Constitution memorized. Furthermore even if all of us had every word in the Constitution memorized that does not mean that we would all agree what every word or phrase meant.

    Some of us can go around and make obnoxious or pompous statements that we are at a place were words have meanings well, whose meaning? yours, mine, or President Obama's, or maybe Timothy McVEA's ?
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 08-12-09 at 10:13 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #24
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    I watched the Hardball interview of Katie Abram. When asked she said she had no idea how much they made or anything relative to their personal finances because her husband handled all of that. She did say that they had a high deductible plan and a HSA account with 5 grand in it.

    Basically she knew nothing about the plans before congress. She evidently was unaware that Medicare is government socialized health coverage. She basically, like many people on both sides of this issue, argued from ignorance.

    Here is the thing though. I have no doubt at all that if her husband was to lose his job, and thus they could no longer afford health insurance through the private sector, she would be lined up to sign her kids up for SCHIP in a heartbeat. Just like she pointed out that her parents would soon be on Medicare and she would not be advising them to not enroll even though its nothing but pure socialism.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #25
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    I did not watch the CNN bit, but did watch Hardball. Lawrence O'Donnell made some very good points, that in summary this woman is just grossly uneducated and ill informed. I have no doubt that this woman is probably even unaware of what Medicare is.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And those people are who YOU vote in. If you're guy doesn't get in and the other guy votes on something you don't like, too bad.
    oh, no, not, "too bad", as we're seeing of late.

    It's obvious, that when people get enough of the stupid ****, they get out and do something about it.



    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    again you or I or the guy in the moon may not like taxes, tax structures, tax levels, tax brackets etc but that does not make all taxes punitive. It may or may not make any taxes punitive.

    What in your mind does "haves give to the have nots " mean ? That is just too oopen and nebulus of a term for me.
    You're wrong. When one group is targetted with higher taxes, on the assumption that that group has gained it's wealth unjustly, the taxes then become punitive. Sorry if you don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I watched the Hardball interview of Katie Abram. When asked she said she had no idea how much they made or anything relative to their personal finances because her husband handled all of that. She did say that they had a high deductible plan and a HSA account with 5 grand in it.

    Basically she knew nothing about the plans before congress. She evidently was unaware that Medicare is government socialized health coverage. She basically, like many people on both sides of this issue, argued from ignorance.

    Here is the thing though. I have no doubt at all that if her husband was to lose his job, and thus they could no longer afford health insurance through the private sector, she would be lined up to sign her kids up for SCHIP in a heartbeat. Just like she pointed out that her parents would soon be on Medicare and she would not be advising them to not enroll even though its nothing but pure socialism.
    Further sign people just do not have a clue...
    Obama-Nazi Sign Made By Ill Woman On Medicare
    ...Diane Campbell of Kingston, N.H., held a sign with Mr. Obama's face superimposed on a Nazi storm trooper, a sign, she said, that was made by her chronically ill mother.

    Her mother's hereditary autoimmune disease is treated with expensive transfusions of gamma globulin, paid for by Medicare. Her sister, Louise, was born with no arms and one leg, and is also covered by Medicare, the government-run, health-insurance program for the elderly and disabled.

    "Adolf Hitler was for exterminating the weak, not just the Jews and stuff, and socialism -- that's what's going to happen."
    We have become a nation of idiots. The Idiocracy of American is upon us, and we did not even know it because too many would rather watch Survivor or other fake reality TV B.S. than actually be informed.

  8. #28
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I watched the Hardball interview of Katie Abram. When asked she said she had no idea how much they made or anything relative to their personal finances because her husband handled all of that. She did say that they had a high deductible plan and a HSA account with 5 grand in it.

    Basically she knew nothing about the plans before congress. She evidently was unaware that Medicare is government socialized health coverage. She basically, like many people on both sides of this issue, argued from ignorance.

    Here is the thing though. I have no doubt at all that if her husband was to lose his job, and thus they could no longer afford health insurance through the private sector, she would be lined up to sign her kids up for SCHIP in a heartbeat. Just like she pointed out that her parents would soon be on Medicare and she would not be advising them to not enroll even though its nothing but pure socialism.

    yes yes yes you are right on target that is exactly what she said and didn't say. You are also very correct that some on both sides are arguing from ignorance. At least Ms. Lady Katie was nice about it. She did exhibit her ignorance but she is a nice ignorant lady not like a lot of those who scream.
    Lady Katie does not know socialsm from veganism.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 08-12-09 at 10:25 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #29
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Further sign people just do not have a clue...
    Obama-Nazi Sign Made By Ill Woman On Medicare


    We have become a nation of idiots. The Idiocracy of American is upon us, and we did not even know it because too many would rather watch Survivor or other fake reality TV B.S. than actually be informed.
    This health care debate has made me more libertarian in my beliefs than anything else in my entire life. Its not because I think that the people in our government are all evil and bent upon establishing a totalitarian state. It's because I can't stand hypocrites and I would rather my personal tax dollars go to buying crack for whores than to go to some stupid hypocrite like her.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #30
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    re: Angry Man Tells Specter: God Will Judge You

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    oh, no, not, "too bad", as we're seeing of late.

    It's obvious, that when people get enough of the stupid ****, they get out and do something about it.

    You're wrong. When one group is targetted with higher taxes, on the assumption that that group has gained it's wealth unjustly, the taxes then become punitive. Sorry if you don't get it.
    I am hardly wrong and I do get and I have gotten it for a lon long time. You use the phrase "gained it's wealth unjustly" . "unjustly" is a word subject to interpretation. What does that mean to you ? I know what it means to me but you used it so how are yopu using it ?
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •