Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 320

Thread: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republican O

  1. #301
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So you admit she was "Wiggling" & pretty much admit she was "dodging" but you fail to offer a single motive for WHY she trying those deceptive acts.
    Why do I have to offer a motive? You're the one claiming a "crime." The burden's on YOU, chief.


    The most obvious (& really ONLY possible motive) was that she was attempting to hide her GOP affiliation, past or present.
    Then 1) she didn't do a very good job of it, considering you have to be IN something in order to LEAVE it, and 2) we come back to the same thing yet again -- even if she was deceptive, there is no evidence she was a plant.

    I understand that your totalitarian mindset assumes that anything less than 100% honesty is evidence of a crime (at least for your political opponents), but fortunately, that's not (yet) the prevailing view.



    How about some honesty here, like Zyphlin exhibited from your side?
    Please provide, in detail, my dishonesty. Or does "dishonesty" merely mean not agreeing with you? (I'll bet it does, in your mind.)
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #302
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So you admit she was "Wiggling" & pretty much admit she was "dodging" but you fail to offer a single motive for WHY she trying those deceptive acts.
    The most obvious (& really ONLY possible motive) was that she was attempting to hide her GOP affiliation, past or present.

    How about some honesty here, like Zyphlin exhibited from your side?
    I'm sorry devil, but when you're continuing to propogate and imply the "plant" thing and stating there's "proof" when there isn't none, you telling people to be honest is a bit disingenuous.

    There's numerous motives for why she did it.

    This happened after the "shouting" stories already started hitting the news. Perhaps she wished to not bring up her political persuation due to hopes of not putting the crowd/congressman on the immediete defensive based on preconcieved notions.

    Its obvious she's very politically minded in general, even if not a member of the party. Perhaps she simply didn't want what she felt to be a legitimate question overlooked because of her party.

    Perhaps she thought admitting she's a strong conservative would make the congress person immedietely defensive and slippery in prepping his response, trying to move past her quickly.

    Perhaps she wanted to try and get a real reaction out of the person based on her question, and not based on her political ideology.

    Perhaps she wanted she had aspirations to get some media attention and was hoping that a "mom" asking such a question would be more likely to get a reporter to talk to her than "A staunchly conservative mother".

    Perhaps she didn't even think to disclose every little detail during the town hall question because, you know, most people don't. Then, when asked later by news she felt like "opps, maybe saying that will invalidate my good question" and didn't say it.

    Perhaps she's was really, really upset with the Republican party when it prompted her to leave all her positions and thus in her mind what she said wasn't deceptive but flat out true.

    Perhaps....

    It goes on and on.

    Only a hyper partisan person following zombie-like to democrat talking points and refusing to take the blinders off and see beyond their pin prick wide world view could state that being an "operative" or "plant" is the only or even the most likely reason for what she did.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm sorry devil, but when you're continuing to propogate and imply the "plant" thing and stating there's "proof" when there isn't none, you telling people to be honest is a bit disingenuous.

    There's numerous motives for why she did it.
    I will agree that what you say is not out of the realm of mathematical possibility but........The only "Court" that will ever hear this case (was she a GOP/HC industry "Plant") will be the court of public opinion which meets (most decisively) on election day.

    I will be happy to wait for that "Court" decision which I predict will be yet another sound thrashing of the GOP at the polls.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-13-09 at 03:40 PM.

  4. #304
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I will agree that what you say is not out of the realm of mathematical possibility but........The only "Court" that will ever hear this case (was she a GOP/HC industry "Plant") will be the court of public opinion which meets (most decisively) on election day.

    I will be happy to wait for that "Court" decision which I predict will be yet another sound thrashing of the GOP at the polls.
    This isn't a debate. this is you plugging your ears going lalalalala. I'm exiting this thread, or at least this discussion, because it'd be a stark violation of rule 6 to say what's on the tip of my tongue at this moment.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    If you were directly asked about why you are there & failed to disclose your party affiliation ....of course I would consider you an operative.
    The thing is that I am not currently active in the Democratic party. Like 90% of other Floridians, we are required to register in order to vote in Democratic primaries. I've voted for Dems, I've voted for Republicans, I've contributed to Democratic party campaigns.

    But I certainly don't work for them, and I wouldn't be there representing anyone but me.

    So, the assumption that I'm an "operative," just because I have been active in the Democratic party is simply false.

    Just like, I suspect, it is for this chick.

    Your thinking is quite simplistic on this subject.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post

    So, the assumption that I'm an "operative," just because I have been active in the Democratic party is simply false.

    Just like, I suspect, it is for this chick.

    Your thinking is quite simplistic on this subject.

    The assumption that she is (not was) a GOP opative is not because of her present or past affiliation with the GOP, it is entirely based on the fact that she lied about it. We've been through this a thousand times & no amount of torturing of the English language will change the obvious fact that she is a liar, trying (poorly I may add) to hide her real reason for being at the meeting spouting the GOP's talking points.
    Many of you compatriots have had the honesty & maturity to admit that she was being dishonest. I hear no such honesty from you though. Why?
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-13-09 at 04:57 PM.

  7. #307
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The assumption that she is (not was) a GOP opative is not because of her present or past affiliation with the GOP, it is entirely based on the fact that she lied about it. We've been through this a thousand times & no amount of torturing of the English language will change the obvious fact that she is a liar, trying (poorly I may add) to hide her real reason for being at the meeting spouting the GOP's talking points.
    Many of you compatriots have had the honesty & maturity to admit that she was being dishonest. I hear no such honesty from you though. Why?
    What gets me is this underlying, unshakable, and thoroughly unsubstantiated assumption that -- apparently -- Republicans KNOW this bill is all milk and honey for the country and are opposing it simply because they want bad things. After all, you believe that anything good for the GOP is bad for the country and anything bad for the GOP is good for the country. Therefore, there can never be anything but a nefarious motivation behind what Republicans do. Ever.

    Thus, there is no possibility of any reasonable discussion with you, because you are just plain off the reservation and into anti-Republican zombie land. And you can't reason with a zombie. You just try to keep it from eating your brain.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The assumption that she is (not was) a GOP opative is not because of her present or past affiliation with the GOP, it is entirely based on the fact that she lied about it.
    Epic fail. YOUR CONTENTION is that she lied about it. But, based upon her statements, and the data provided, that can't be conclusively proven. She was a member, but many circumstances could have altered in the past year. She may have become alienated by the Republican Party and become libertarian. She may have dropped out.

    Your logical position is flawed. You posit that because she was once a member, she must now be lying. But there are many alternative possibilities.

    Haven't they taught you about the use of evidence in law school? Take a debate class, maybe it will help.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What gets me is this underlying, unshakable, and thoroughly unsubstantiated assumption that -- apparently -- Republicans KNOW this bill is all milk and honey for the country and are opposing it simply because they want bad things. After all, you believe that anything good for the GOP is bad for the country and anything bad for the GOP is good for the country. Therefore, there can never be anything but a nefarious motivation behind what Republicans do. Ever.

    Thus, there is no possibility of any reasonable discussion with you, because you are just plain off the reservation and into anti-Republican zombie land. And you can't reason with a zombie. You just try to keep it from eating your brain.
    Your opinion that I think all Republicans & Republican positions are nefarious is just flat wrong. We moderates don't see the world in the rigid black & white the you conservatives evidently do. We know there is good & bad in both parties & all Congressional bills. We have a much more open mind then you think.
    I will admit that my preferred debate style is to deliberately overstate & sometimes to bait the other side into anger & mistake. This is a reasonable debate tactic & is often quite effective.

    I enjoy our interplay but it is strictly up to you if you wish to stop or resort to name calling.

    BTW...I enjoyed you eating the brain comment at the end!
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-13-09 at 06:17 PM.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Woman Who Said She Was ‘Just A Mom’ At Town Hall Meeting Is Exposed As A Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Epic fail.
    What a clever & mature exclamation! (those little 3rd grade outbursts just add so much to the discussion!)


    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    YOUR CONTENTION is that she lied about it. But, based upon her statements, and the data provided, that can't be conclusively proven. She was a member, but many circumstances could have altered in the past year. She may have become alienated by the Republican Party and become libertarian. She may have dropped out.
    She may be an android
    She may have been sleep walking.
    She may have had temporary amnesia

    But, chances are......she's just a plain old, garden variety liar, trying to hide the fact that she's a GOP operative.



    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Haven't they taught you about the use of evidence in law school?
    Never went to law school
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-13-09 at 09:04 PM.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •