Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 134

Thread: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

  1. #51
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Less than 1200 people polled?

    These polls really don't mean much.

  2. #52
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Says something about the voters *cough*

    You do not judge after 6 months. Give it a reasonable amount of time
    I think it's that whole instant gratification thing.




    Gestures, in love, are incomparably more attractive, effective and valuable than words.
    ~ Francois Rabelais

  3. #53
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    i should have left the country before the election. Obama took over a train wreck. Bush took over a house in fairly good shape.

    Bush is the reason we are where we are right now. Obama's failures won't play out for years yet. then you can call bad.

    i i am disappointed in Obama as her deserted the LGBT that supported him and that he has not removed the troops from Iraq. i would not vote for him now knowing that this would be the case. i would not have voted McCain either. i would have found a nice safe communist to vote for instead.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  4. #54
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think more people actually had expectations for the Obama presidency. Whereas, with Bush, very few people thought he was going to do a good job, he just seemed less inept than Gore.

    I may have to revisit that opinion. I can't figure out which of them would have been worse.

    I wish Dole had won the primary.
    I still think Gore would have been worse, that being said GWB was my anti-gore and I wasn't exactly ecstatic about voting for him, more or less I felt like I was voting for dumb to keep dumber out of the presidency. With Obama, I saw through the mask almost immediately, he's all polish but no substance and it's starting to show through now for more people, I hated voting for McCain and am getting sick and tired of Republicans using a person's "turn in line" for the nomination, that schtick got us McCain and W. and, well, the results speak volumes. What really got me depressed was the primaries of '08, we had Moe,Larry, and Curly running for presidency and Moe lost out to Curly, so we had to vote for either of the two lackey stooges and everyone was pretty much screwed.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #55
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i should have left the country before the election. Obama took over a train wreck. Bush took over a house in fairly good shape.
    There were some problems that the congress/administration didn't properly address, but when looking back, there were decades of bad policy and abuses dating back to the 60's/70's that mutated over the years and became problems, everyone shares a little blame in the current situation I'm afraid.

    Bush is the reason we are where we are right now. Obama's failures won't play out for years yet. then you can call bad.
    I've maintained for quite some time now that a presidents legacy plays out in the decade or so that they are out of office, however I am not a fan of the groundwork being laid out right now.

    i i am disappointed in Obama as her deserted the LGBT that supported him and that he has not removed the troops from Iraq. i would not vote for him now knowing that this would be the case. i would not have voted McCain either. i would have found a nice safe communist to vote for instead.
    My one argument against an immediate pullout of Iraq hasn't changed over the last couple of years, I don't think we want a middle east power vacuum in a country the size of Iraq, it's also part of the Iran problem, sure, we could crush the current leadership there too, but cleaning up the mess is the tricky part, that region has more than it's fair share of problems, and we have to treat it with the utmost caution.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think you mean Palin.

    I liked McCain, i think he would have attracted more moderates if he just didn't pick such a nutty VP.
    Its a shame Clinton did not win



    McCain was losing before he picked Palin.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I think our economy was solid in the first six months of 2001, so I am not surprised that Bush's presidency was rated as more of a success than Obama's.
    We were in a recession. Remember that whole dot-com thing? Kind of a big deal.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #58
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I disagree. McCain was as bad as Obama in the end, the conservative right was unimpressed.


    I couldn't vote McCain. and I wasn't the only one.
    There was no one that I could vote for with a sound conscious. As such, I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. I intentionally threw my vote away and voted for Bob Barr even though I don't see him as a real libertarian. But hey, at least it gave 3rd party candidates a little support.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #59
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    There was no one that I could vote for with a sound conscious. As such, I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. I intentionally threw my vote away and voted for Bob Barr even though I don't see him as a real libertarian. But hey, at least it gave 3rd party candidates a little support.



    I refused Barr because he was no libertarian... I voted like Obama, "present"
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #60
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    I think all the poll demonstrated is the lack of tolerance of the Right. Even though he stole the 2000 election, more Democrats were willing to give George Bush a chance than Republicans willing to give the Colored Guy a chance.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •