Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 134

Thread: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

  1. #21
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What exactly were those policies?
    You seriously want me to sit here and list all of GWB's and the GOP Congress policies, bills and positions for the 8 years of his Presidency....just because you haven't been following along?

    Sorry dude.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #22
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You seriously want me to sit here and list all of GWB's and the GOP Congress policies, bills and positions for the 8 years of his Presidency....just because you haven't been following along?

    Sorry dude.
    No, he wants you to see how silly your argument is by listing how similar they are and how much money has been added to Bush's failed spending policies BY DOING THE EXACT THING. Right apsd?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    I find it amusing that people get touchy when Bush's failures are brought up, but it's okay for the same people to contrast Bush to Obama if it makes Obama look bad.

    P.S. This thread uses a blog link so it's posted to the wrong section.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You seriously want me to sit here and list all of GWB's and the GOP Congress policies, bills and positions for the 8 years of his Presidency....just because you haven't been following along?

    Sorry dude.
    No; just the one's that would support your hysterical hyperbolic claims about his policy failures.

  5. #25
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No; just the one's that would support your hysterical hyperbolic claims about his policy failures.
    All you have to do is look at the state of the Country when he took office v. when he left. That should tell you whether he was a failure or a success.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I find it amusing that people get touchy when Bush's failures are brought up, but it's okay for the same people to contrast Bush to Obama if it makes Obama look bad.

    P.S. This thread uses a blog link so it's posted to the wrong section.
    Say what? You don't see how touchy and all bent out of shape people get when Obama's policies are impugned?

    What is more amusing is how the same people who made a career blathering the internet distorting Bush's policies and record now desperately defend Obama's by constantly bringing up Bush.

    Carry on.

  7. #27
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I find it amusing that people get touchy when Bush's failures are brought up, but it's okay for the same people to contrast Bush to Obama if it makes Obama look bad.

    P.S. This thread uses a blog link so it's posted to the wrong section.
    I'm very honest and accepting of Bush's spending failures, it happened, what I don't like is the false criticism of people then who want more of it now from Obama. I would say I've been very consistent on spending. I didn't like TARP, I dont like TARP 2, and will probably dislike TARP 3 if and when it passes.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    All you have to do is look at the state of the Country when he took office v. when he left. That should tell you whether he was a failure or a success.
    Really? So in other words you cannot point to specific policies that led to the economic collapse, this is just more of your hyperbolic blather because you say it is so.

    In other words, you cannot point to any specific legislation that was primarily much more bi-partisan than the current thugs that specifically led to the economic collapse.

    I will say this, you are consistent in your leftist propaganda.

    Here's a clue for you; the collapse of the Real Estate market and stock markets was set up when Democrats refused to do anything about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae when Republicans held their hearings on the matter.

    The notion that Democrats would have protected consumers from the eventual collapse due to Sub prime Loans sparked by the CRA and highly leveraged derivatives requires willful denial. Here is a videos and link to the reason for the Lehman Brothers collapse to educate you.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxgSubmiGt8&feature=related"]YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?[/ame]

    Lehman Brothers: 'A Colossal Failure' - Bullish on Books Blog - CNBC.com

    But then, voting for Obama suggests that the complexities of Financial markets and efforts of Democrats using the CRA to make borrowing money for a homes available to anyone regardless of their ability to pay is beyond the comprehension of most who did vote for this "post turtle."

    Hear them for yourself if you don't believe me:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN31-nKndg8"]YouTube - Democrats Caught Defending Freddie, Fannie[/ame]

  9. #29
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Thread already exists ... again
    Yeah I saw that it was in "blogs" I find that aggrivating the two "Breaking News" forums.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #30
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bush was seen as a great President when he came into office with a surplus and a booming economy. It wasn't until he actually started taking action did the country crumble beneath his tenure and it took him longer then 6 months to do anything. Why? Because there was nothing to be done. In relative terms he inherited a great thriving country, unlike Obama.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •