Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 134

Thread: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

  1. #11
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    you also need to thank the republicans for epic fail in putting up McCain, or "Obama light"
    I think you mean Palin.

    I liked McCain, i think he would have attracted more moderates if he just didn't pick such a nutty VP.
    Its a shame Clinton did not win


  2. #12
    If You are mad, Remember,
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karma is a bitch. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    77,569

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think you mean Palin.

    I liked McCain, i think he would have attracted more moderates if he just didn't pick such a nutty VP.
    Its a shame Clinton did not win



    I disagree. McCain was as bad as Obama in the end, the conservative right was unimpressed.


    I couldn't vote McCain. and I wasn't the only one.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #13
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    you also need to thank the republicans for epic fail in putting up McCain, or "Obama light"
    Well, that did not help! But the Republican was doomed anyway. Anyone who ran would be connected to Bush and the god awful GOP of 2000-2006. He would be running against an all time low approval rating, fair or unfair. It was over before it started. So oddly, many of those complaining about Obama helped elect him by voting the town idiot to be President.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #14
    If You are mad, Remember,
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karma is a bitch. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    77,569

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Well, that did not help! But the Republican was doomed anyway. Anyone who ran would be connected to Bush and the god awful GOP of 2000-2006. He would be running against an all time low approval rating, fair or unfair. It was over before it started. So oddly, many of those complaining about Obama helped elect him by voting the town idiot to be President.



    Was he the town idiot or an evil mastermind.... I never got this line of thinking.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #15
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Was he the town idiot or an evil mastermind.... I never got this line of thinking.
    Town idiot. Not sure how someone so stupid could mastermind anything. That was the main reason I laughed at the 9/11 conspiracies. Bush pull that off? Freakin' hilarious.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    A rather surprising finding from the newly released CNN poll. Question three on the national survey of 1,136 adults (which includes an oversample of African-Americans) asks, "Do you consider the first six months of the Obama administration to be a success or a failure?"

    Thirty-seven percent (37%) said they believe the Obama administration is a "failure," while 51% consider it a "success" and 11% say it's still "too soon to tell."

    An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."
    After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' ThanBush's - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

    Hehehe, I'm sorry but that's gotta chap Obama's ego...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #17
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Thread already exists ... again


  8. #18
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,203

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    The really funny thing about this poll is that it measures each 6 months into their Presidency before their policies have really had much of a chance to effect anything.

    6 months into GWB's Presidency, I doubt anyone would have expected the damage that his policies would do to the United States. A more accurate number would be "What percentage view his Presidency as a success/failure" after he has left office.

    Get back to me in 7 years, 6 months and lets compare the real numbers.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #19
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    It was exactly 6 months into the Bush presidency that he ignored the briefing paper titled "bin Laden determined to strike in US"
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf
    Anyone claiming the Obama administration is a "failure" should remember what a real failure looked like.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,071

    Re: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The really funny thing about this poll is that it measures each 6 months into their Presidency before their policies have really had much of a chance to effect anything.

    6 months into GWB's Presidency, I doubt anyone would have expected the damage that his policies would do to the United States. A more accurate number would be "What percentage view his Presidency as a success/failure" after he has left office.

    Get back to me in 7 years, 6 months and lets compare the real numbers.
    What exactly were those policies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •