Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 104

Thread: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

  1. #51
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    I dont care if such things are orchestrated by a group regardless of the group if they have legitimate complaints or questions. Is it not the right of the people or groups of people to express thier concerns?

    Look at Acorn who are organizing against these "mobs". How are they any different? While I may not agree with their opinion I fully support their right to voice that opinion.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    That was Richard Armitage, not George Bush.
    I spent most of my life as a Special Agent in the Justice Dept & can categorically tell you that Armitage would not have done anything without clear, unambiguous direction from either Bush or Cheney or probably both.
    Government employees excel at CYA. (to believe otherwise discloses a real naivete on how government really works.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by galenrox View Post
    If the private market is pushed out in any way by the government, as the public plan is bound to do significantly by the nature of price competition (if you can operate at a loss, as the federal government can and inevitably will, you can price your competitors out of the market)
    So your argument is that, since a government plan will be less expensive because we won't be forced to pay greedy profits to insurance CEO's, that is bad & we should continue being raped by them?

    Quote Originally Posted by galenrox View Post
    It is 100% guaranteed that there will be government rationing of health care. serious problems with our relationship with our government.
    I don't see ANY Congressmen or Senators complaining about the government run, "Socialist" HC program that covers them......or the military.

    Scare tactics no longer overcome intelligence & if we don't do something now, you will soon be paying over 1/2 of your disposable income to the health industry.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-06-09 at 09:03 AM.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I dont care if such things are orchestrated by a group regardless of the group if they have legitimate complaints or questions. Is it not the right of the people or groups of people to express thier concerns?
    It is not the right of some people to trample on MY Freedom of Speech....That's what we're talking about here.

  5. #55
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,371

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No...but paid operatives attempting to squelch freedom of speech are worse than child molesters. Child molesters are mentally ill........operatives are thugs for hire.



    How many threads are you going to spread this lie?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,371

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    It is not the right of some people to trample on MY Freedom of Speech....That's what we're talking about here.



    Actually it is you who is calling for laws to squash others free speech.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    If said proof is not posted on DP at the end of a week, will you make public apology for your slanders and inane conspiracy theories?

    If the proof is not forthcoming, will you own these words you have spoken?

    If you will not, to whom should we report you?
    While I never agree with your views Celticlord I usually respect you intellect & debate qualities.

    Not this time however

    I am a chess player & will not fall for the obvious trap you have tried to set:

    ..."If said proof is not posted on DP at the end of a week, will you make public apology for your slanders and inane conspiracy theories?"....


    1. If ironclad proof emerges in EIGHT days my point is still valid, only my crystal ball was slightly off with timing.

    2. No matter what proof I report, your side will simply claim it "proves nothing"


    As the "Whopper" computer says (in the 1983 movie "Wargames").....The only way to win your game is not to play.


    As far as this is concerned: "If you will not, to whom should we report you?

    Report me??? (I don't know .......how about Mom??)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-06-09 at 11:57 AM.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I am a chess player & will not fall for the obvious trap you have tried to set:
    You ran from the challenge right into the trap. Sacrificed a knight to save a pawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    ..."If said proof is not posted on DP at the end of a week, will you make public apology for your slanders and inane conspiracy theories?"....
    That's the challenge....now let's look at the trap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    1. If ironclad proof emerges in eight days my point is still valid
    Very true. And if the ironclad proof emerged after eight days, you apologizing after only seven would only serve to raise your presentation of yourself as being a man of character and decency. Such an apology would do you no harm and potentially much good. Agreeing to make such an apology could only strengthen your argument.

    The conclusion to be drawn from your refusal to make such agreement is that you do not believe yourself that such evidence exists or will be published--you do not believe it will be published in seven days, you do not believe it will be published in seven weeks, you do not believe it will be published in seven months, you do not believe it will be published in seven years. You do not believe there is such evidence. That is the position you have given yourself by this refusal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    2. No matter what proof I report, your side will simply claim it "proves nothing"
    This merely proves your irrationality.

    If such proof is never going to be accepted by "my side" (am curious as to what side is "my side", but no matter), then your entire argument is futile. Not only do you not believe you have such evidence, you don't even believe you can score a hit with it, or even with the intimation of it. You come at this doubting not the strength my arguments, but your own.

    As the "Whopper" computer says (in the 1983 movie "Wargames").....The only way to win your game is not to play.
    Yes, that is the general consensus of those who play chess with me

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post

    Very true. And if the ironclad proof emerged after eight days, you apologizing after only seven would only serve to raise your presentation of yourself as being a man of character and decency. Such an apology would do you no harm and potentially much good. Agreeing to make such an apology could only strengthen your argument.
    Come on Celtilord!! ( we both know that if I said I was wrong (on the 7th day) & ironclad proof emerged on the EIGHTH day........You would undoubtedly attach my apology as your signature on this forum! (you know you would)

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    The conclusion to be drawn from your refusal to make such agreement is that you do not believe yourself that such evidence exists or will be published--you do not believe it will be published in seven days, you do not believe it will be published in seven weeks, you do not believe it will be published in seven months, you do not believe it will be published in seven years. You do not believe there is such evidence. That is the position you have given yourself by this refusal.
    That's YOUR conclusion, but an incorrect one. I explained my reasons above & if you choose not to believe me, that is your right...You have a right to be wrong & exercise that right repeatedly.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Republican Attacks FISHY White House Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Come on Celtilord!! ( we both know that if I said I was wrong (on the 7th day) & ironclad proof emerged on the EIGHTH day........You would undoubtedly attach my apology as your signature on this forum! (you know you would)
    1. I'm rather particular about whom I quote in my signature line--trust me when I say you have no worries about appearing there.

    2. On any day you can present ironclad proof of protests staged by paid operatives of the RNC, I will be happy to acknowledge it as such. If you can show a money trail, I will acknowledge there is a money trail. If you can show collusion and planning, I will acknowledge there is collusion and planning. You don't even need to wait for the 8th day--you can post such ironclad evidence now (or, rather, you could if you had any, but since we both realize you doubt you will ever have such proofs, that won't happen).

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •