Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 113

Thread: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

  1. #61
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    They shouldn't be paid for it at all. We have a military for a reason. They are supposed to be our killers. Not a bunch of civilians who don't even answer to the UCMJ or strip military resources when they need rescued.
    I have no problem with the suggestion, I would even prefer it
    but the reality is today is...

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #62
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    A VP who was instrumental in lying his country into a war, some believe strictly to make money off the bodies of our GI's??
    Well, "some" are just stupid. Only simplistic fools would think that Iraq was about one man's quest to make some dough. Isn't there enough legitimate issues for "some" to complain about without immersing in BS?

    How about the fact that protecting the dictator for 12 years was a burden placed on our military that one day had to come to an end? Or the fact that as late as 2002 Hussein was flying military jets over Jordanian and Saudi airspace thereby insisting that we continue his games so the UN could continue its scandals? Or that Bin Laden would use our continued presence as a justification for 9/11? Or that ridding us and the Middle East of this thorn once and for all may give us an opportunity to steer the entire region in a different direction? People complain about our relationships with the Sauds for oil. Well, better to get our oil from democracies than from dictators, right? Or is the American critic largely full of ****?

    But oh no. Let's dismiss all these practical very real things and embrace the notion that it was all about one man's desire to fatten his bank account. Move on from the conspiracies and the simplistic easy to grasp views dude. There is a bigger picture and a bigger world at play.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #63
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I remember at one point the DoD et al weren't even sure of how many companies were providing private security services in Iraq at the US expense. I think that may be a sign of less than optimal oversight, "subject to authority" or no.
    I completely agree that there was a long period where oversight was nowhere near what it should have been. I think that the current situation is much improved, and should be completely resolved within the next few months with their exit.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are defending Blackwater? Sweet
    Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The story is based on sworn testimony from multiple sources, this is not rumor or conjecture.
    No, it's based on hearsay testimony from two anonymous sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    They are federal witnesses under protection. Why? Because Blackwater has already killed other witnesses.
    Lol, no they're not. Did you read anything from the article (or better yet, an article not written by a left-wing nutjob?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    US Attorneys are not involved in civil cases
    Yes, they most certainly are. Not that it really matters, because they're not involved in this civil case, which is brought by a private plaintiff's attorney.

    and eyewitness testimony is neither rumor nor conjecture.
    Again, you're so blatantly misstating the facts that I'm forced to conclude that you didn't read anything about this.

    Where exactly did it say that either of these people witnessed anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The US Attorney would not comment on his involvement, where did it say he was not involved? Who do you think would be involved in this case, Orly Taint?
    A liberal version of her.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't fall within any of those.

    How do you know there's no corroborating evidence?
    There very well may be. However, the statements that have been offered so far are patently insufficient to withstand a motion to dismiss.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The article states there is corroborating evidence, it is not hearsay. Face it, your precious Blackwater patriots are killers.
    You're officially off the reservation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    A VP who was instrumental in lying his country into a war, some believe strictly to make money off the bodies of our GI's??

    So What???
    Link?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #64
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    I understand some of the .mil's distaste for contractors.... I was one, during the clinton era... imagine that... I can appreciate gunny's dislike for the whole concept.


    What I can't get is the neverbeens, seething hatred.......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #65
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    The billions that went to creating the various private armies out there will come back to bite us in the butt.

    The private security companies feeding at the public trough included ones who had hired war criminals from SA, ones run by folks who passed sensitive US intel to Iran, and various other improprieties.
    These folks got their slices of billions of US taxpayer money.

    There're very good reasons why the govt should have the monopoly on military force.

    W/e concerns there are about Blackwater, it's really not as big of a deal as the less famous foreign ones the American general public hasn't heard of...yet. I am sadly confident that in the next decade we will learn of others who got their big break in Iraq.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #66
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    There very well may be. However, the statements that have been offered so far are patently insufficient to withstand a motion to dismiss.
    I'll let the judge make that determination.

  7. #67
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I understand some of the .mil's distaste for contractors.... I was one, during the clinton era... imagine that... I can appreciate gunny's dislike for the whole concept.


    What I can't get is the neverbeens, seething hatred.......
    I don't know if more than one person is showing hatred in this thread. Nevertheless, it's not like Blackwater has a untarnished record. Manslaughter Charges in Blackwater Case - WSJ.com

  8. #68
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    I was dying to read the John Doe statements. I have found them. The first one personally witnessed some of the events. Sorry, but that ain't hearsay.


    http://ccrjustice.org/files/8%2003%2...s%20Ex%20G.pdf

    http://ccrjustice.org/files/8%2003%2...s%20Ex%20H.pdf

  9. #69
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I understand some of the .mil's distaste for contractors.... I was one, during the clinton era... imagine that... I can appreciate gunny's dislike for the whole concept.


    What I can't get is the neverbeens, seething hatred.......
    Oh you don't get it? You claim to be a veteran, let's see you defend this:

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Blackwater founder implicated in murder

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post



    Link?
    Do a net search yourself. Just type in Dick Cheney's Lies
    ,,,but be prepared to spend all weekend reading them.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •