Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Facts Are Stubborn Things

  1. #31
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

    God, where do I start... it's been a hyper-partisan cluster**** of propaganda and misinformation from conservative groups and GOP reps and Senators.

    If you have one that has attempted to engage in an honest pro/con debate offering workable modifications within the framework of the plan, I'd love to hear about him/her.

    But, okay, here's one for starters:

    CPR Administers Bad Facts, Again



    How about I post others where everyone can see them and discuss?

    Fair enough?
    Go for it, I don't do generalized debate.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Well this here is a prime example of honesty/dishonesty in a debate. You are simply repeating something best fit for a blogosphere or talk radio. Do you really want to know what is in the bill? First, tell me which bill in which committee. Hah, see the problem there?

    On the other hand, it is perfectly acceptable to point out a provision or amendment in a specific bill that is in currently with a specific committee. There is no overall grand bill to speak of, nor can we even discuss this. If you take one singular issue, well that could be in one House committee, but not in another Senate committee.

    See? You don't even have a clue what's going on with it. That doesn't bother you...even a little? Or, since PBO said it's good, you're cool with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

    God, where do I start... it's been a hyper-partisan cluster**** of propaganda and misinformation from conservative groups and GOP reps and Senators.

    If you have one that has attempted to engage in an honest pro/con debate offering workable modifications within the framework of the plan, I'd love to hear about him/her.

    But, okay, here's one for starters:

    CPR Administers Bad Facts, Again



    How about I post others where everyone can see them and discuss?

    Fair enough?

    What, "experts", did FC.org check with? Seems they left out their reference data. However, if the Dems tax healthcare, then yes, your healthcare is going to go up.


    *I got the right quote, but it was attributed to the wrong poster. My bad, Tee.*
    Last edited by apdst; 08-04-09 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Stop trying to claim some kind of high ground here, I have seen you post the same irrelevant data that the UHC side has been cherry picking for years, the stuff that makes the U.S. system look worse at face value until it is explained in context, your "facts" are not as solid as you think.

    Which facts do you want honestly answered? You're making the blank assertion here, back it up. Check the entire site, it's all over these forums, I myself have addressed the history of expense in the U.S. in detail.
    Well why the hell was nothing ever addressed then? Sorry, but I posted numerous arguments using independent and NGO sources, never once were any replied to specifically.

    So what exactly is cherry picked, please do tell me?

  5. #35
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There is no such thing when talking about political policies.
    Libel/Slander or an interest in what kind of misinformation is being spread by the opposition?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    "Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."


    Hmmm.....looks like the White House is demanding that 300,000,000 Americans e-mail them a copy of the health care take-over scam the White House itself is proposing.

    Don't they have a copy of their own plan?

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Libel/Slander or an interest in what kind of misinformation is being spread by the opposition?
    That's right. PBO can't sue someone for slander, if they put out incorrect information about a piece of legislation. If that were the case, there wouldn't be any Dems in Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."


    Hmmm.....looks like the White House is demanding that 300,000,000 Americans e-mail them a copy of the health care take-over scam the White House itself is proposing.

    Don't they have a copy of their own plan?
    I think all 300 million of us should do that very thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    What I see that as doing is providing the Messiah cover for the inevitable crash of his version of Hillary-care. When it goes down in flames, His Holiness will drone about the bazillion different "lies" about His failed plan and blame it on the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, except he'll call it something else, since his Secretary of States holds the copyright on the VRWC.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Turn in your co-workers @whitehouse.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What I see that as doing is providing the Messiah cover for the inevitable crash of his version of Hillary-care. When it goes down in flames, His Holiness will drone about the bazillion different "lies" about His failed plan and blame it on the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, except he'll call it something else, since his Secretary of States holds the copyright on the VRWC.
    Aww, yeah, you know that's coming. He sure as hell isn't going to take responsibility for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •