Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

  1. #21
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Insurance companies ARE immoral villans. For once I actually agree with Pelosi.
    Oh snap! Your not actually agreeing with Skeletor are you? You do realize this is just a diversion away from their own failed socialist policy right?

  2. #22
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its not about making a profit. Its about making obscene profits by denying coverage, finding any loophole to deny coverage and cancelling coverage when people become ill.
    They honor the terms of the contract, and no more than the terms of the contract. Just like any sane business.

    There is no villainy in honoring the terms of the contract. Only folks who whine about that are those who expect what they haven't paid for.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    "The public option -- that's where the insurance companies are making their attacks -- it's almost immoral what they are doing, " said Pelosi, addressing reporters outside of her office a few minutes ago.
    Well ofc they are, along with the banks.
    Money sucking bastards. I got fined 30 quid for being 2 quid overdue. Hope they choke on my money


  4. #24
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Oh snap! Your not actually agreeing with Skeletor are you? You do realize this is just a diversion away from their own failed socialist policy right?
    The policy can't have failed if it hasn't been implemented. Your argument, now that's failed. As for "Skeletor"- argument ad hominem. Try again sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  5. #25
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    fyi Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I got fined 30 quid for being 2 quid overdue. Hope they choke on my money
    FWIW, I almost never pay late fees and other bull**** like that. I call the company up and tell them to either waive the late fee or cancel my account. I have only had to cancel an account once or twice that I recall.

  6. #26
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually I agree with the part about politicians not talking about morality or immorality. It is pathetic when they do this with both parties.
    Not to mention that the federal government's job is not to dictate morality, that is best left to local governments, and only to a very limited scope at that, i.e. crimes of victimization, traffic laws, basic public safety, etc. etc.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #27
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its not about making a profit. Its about making obscene profits by denying coverage, finding any loophole to deny coverage and cancelling coverage when people become ill.
    Health insurance companies have a lower profit margin than other industry averages, you lose.

    Thats why the whole "for profit" healthcare system makes absolutely ZERO sense.
    Health care is a consumer service, that is why doctors are paid by consumers, as well as staff, and hospitals, yeah, how dare a service try to make a profit! Who do they think they are AMERICANS!
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #28
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Health insurance companies have a lower profit margin than other industry averages, you lose.
    You might want to re-check your facts there. I will give you a hint: UnitedHealth. You may also want to know why UnitedHealth is reaping such enormous profits. This would be important to know as it may give you insight into just how made Medicare Reform 2003 really was.

  9. #29
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    You might want to re-check your facts there. I will give you a hint: UnitedHealth. You may also want to know why UnitedHealth is reaping such enormous profits. This would be important to know as it may give you insight into just how made Medicare Reform 2003 really was.
    No they aren't when adjusted for profit margin, no health care company makes over 7% profit margin, United being at just above 6%. The typical average of companies has been between 8-10%, the percentage is what is important for business matters, so if they are the big guys, then you may want to go ahead and concede the argument. My source is MarketWatch.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pelosi slams insurers as "immoral" villains

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No they aren't when adjusted for profit margin, no health care company makes over 7% profit margin, United being at just above 6%. The typical average of companies has been between 8-10%, the percentage is what is important for business matters, so if they are the big guys, then you may want to go ahead and concede the argument. My source is MarketWatch.
    If I can make 20% on a $1000 or make 7% on a billion ill take the 7%

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •