Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

  1. #11
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Freedom is a bitch:



    1st Amendment:

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.



    Though this is tatamount IMO to yelling "fire" in a theatre and over the line.



    And the op's religious bigorty is noted.
    So you are saying that because of this, that if someone claims "religion" in murdering someone then they can get off because of religious freedom? I forsee a new religion coming.. "The church of Murder".... and the US prison population going down considerably then.
    PeteEU

  2. #12
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So you are saying that because of this, that if someone claims "religion" in murdering someone then they can get off because of religious freedom? I forsee a new religion coming.. "The church of Murder".... and the US prison population going down considerably then.



    Well that was dumb and not worth responding to....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #13
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Well that was dumb and not worth responding to....
    It is? that is what you are saying..You are basically defending these religious scum for their actions because they are religious and citing the US constitution. You cant have it both ways.. either these nut jobs are murders or they are not because of "religious freedom" and if the later then.. well you got a far more serious problem if someone figures out to legalize murder or drugs because its their "religion".
    PeteEU

  4. #14
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It is? that is what you are saying..You are basically defending these religious scum for their actions because they are religious and citing the US constitution. You cant have it both ways.. either these nut jobs are murders or they are not because of "religious freedom" and if the later then.. well you got a far more serious problem if someone figures out to legalize murder or drugs because its their "religion".


    What did I post? Please re-read what I posted. Then try again. I will discuss you what I said, not what you wish I said.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #15
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So you are saying that because of this, that if someone claims "religion" in murdering someone then they can get off because of religious freedom? I forsee a new religion coming.. "The church of Murder".... and the US prison population going down considerably then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Though this is tatamount IMO to yelling "fire" in a theatre and over the line.
    10 characters

  6. #16
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    10 characters




    if that's not clear enough, I think we need to start on a pop up book!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #17
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Lets reread it then...you wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Freedom is a bitch:

    1st Amendment:

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    This has to be a clear defence of their religious freedom to do what ever they think is right even though it resulted in the death of another human.

    And that sir, is a disgusting view pure and simple.. it is not freedom... it is murder. No one should get a pass for using religion as a reason for murder.. we dont give Islamic extremists a pass, so why should we give Christian extremists a pass?

    Then you come with this gem of a comment.

    Though this is tatamount IMO to yelling "fire" in a theatre and over the line.
    Here you change attitude, but are not brave enough to go all the way. You basically say that it was wrong but cant get away from the religious freedom aspect as you pad your comments. You do not say it was murder nor do you say directly it was wrong.. you use "politician speak" like "over the line" and "tantamount".. it is double speak and avoiding the truth.. it was murder! .. over the line. gezz that is a comment you use against someone using profanity against someone or someone going a bit nuts and pushing someone in an argument.. that is over the line.. letting someone die or being directly involved in their death is not over the line, it is wrong on so many fronts and highly illegal.. it is murder.

    And the op's religious bigorty is noted.
    And then you are back to defending the religious zealots that willingly and knowingly let a child die.

    Let me guess though, if a Muslim say murdered his child over honour then it was bad right and you would be all over it? And yes it is exactly the same thing. No where in the bible does it say that sick people should only be healed by the power of prayer, just as no where in the Koran does it say it is okay to kill a person over honour.
    PeteEU

  8. #18
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Lets reread it then...you wrote.



    This has to be a clear defence of their religious freedom to do what ever they think is right even though it resulted in the death of another human.

    And that sir, is a disgusting view pure and simple.. it is not freedom... it is murder. No one should get a pass for using religion as a reason for murder.. we dont give Islamic extremists a pass, so why should we give Christian extremists a pass?

    Then you come with this gem of a comment.



    Here you change attitude, but are not brave enough to go all the way. You basically say that it was wrong but cant get away from the religious freedom aspect as you pad your comments. You do not say it was murder nor do you say directly it was wrong.. you use "politician speak" like "over the line" and "tantamount".. it is double speak and avoiding the truth.. it was murder! .. over the line. gezz that is a comment you use against someone using profanity against someone or someone going a bit nuts and pushing someone in an argument.. that is over the line.. letting someone die or being directly involved in their death is not over the line, it is wrong on so many fronts and highly illegal.. it is murder.



    And then you are back to defending the religious zealots that willingly and knowingly let a child die.

    Let me guess though, if a Muslim say murdered his child over honour then it was bad right and you would be all over it? And yes it is exactly the same thing. No where in the bible does it say that sick people should only be healed by the power of prayer, just as no where in the Koran does it say it is okay to kill a person over honour.



    Do you want my password? That way you can log in and post my position for me, so you don't so disjointed when responding to me with this nonsense.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #19
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm a religious person myself but I totally agree those parents should be put away. God gave people the brains to develop things like medicine for a reason.
    ...and abortion and evolution...

  10. #20
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Trial Begins in Girl's Faith-Healing Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Well that was dumb and not worth responding to....
    Sig-worthy. I want to say this every time I read one of your posts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •