Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    38,551

    Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Monica Crowley, President-Elect Donald J. Trump’s pick for a top National Security Council job, plagiarizednumerous passages in her Ph.D. dissertation, Politico Magazine has found. An examination of the dissertation and the sources it cites identified more than a dozen sections of text that have been lifted, with little to no changes, from other scholarly works without proper attribution. In some instances, Crowley footnoted her source but did not identify with quotation marks the text she was copying directly. In other instances, she copied text or heavily paraphrased with no attribution at all.
    Jeez!! But I guess it's better than getting your degree from a diploma mill? Or is it. At least, when you got it from a diploma mill, you just sent them the money and got your degree, and you didn't end up stealing other peoples' intellectual property.

    Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation - POLITICO Magazine
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Little Miss Sunshine
    TheGoverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston Area, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Jeez!! But I guess it's better than getting your degree from a diploma mill? Or is it. At least, when you got it from a diploma mill, you just sent them the money and got your degree, and you didn't end up stealing other peoples' intellectual property.

    Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation - POLITICO Magazine
    Trump only hires the best, y'hear?
    "Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."
    "But I will still be a feminist. And feminism will still belong to she who chooses whatever she wants, because that's what she wants. And can't nobody tell me otherwise."

  3. #3
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,954

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation


  4. #4
    Stay Salty My Friends.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Korea
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    I wonder what the agruments will be to excuse plagiarism...
    The risk I took was calculated but man, am I bad at math.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,325

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    I wonder what the agruments will be to excuse plagiarism...
    You think Rebellion members care a bunch that the Genius Certification Paperwork had some cheating going on?

    The university has long been BROKE.

    Now it is a JOKE

    CHILL
    Winter IS Coming

  6. #6
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,732

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoverness View Post
    Trump only hires the best, y'hear?
    Perhaps she knows words...all the best words -she just takes them from other people.

  7. #7
    Stay Salty My Friends.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Korea
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You think Rebellion members care a bunch that the Genius Certification Paperwork had some cheating going on?

    The university has long been BROKE.

    Now it is a JOKE

    CHILL
    Ah yes, I should relax over the idea that someone in the National Security council can't be bothered with inteluctual honesty...
    The risk I took was calculated but man, am I bad at math.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,325

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Ah yes, I should relax over the idea that someone in the National Security council can't be bothered with inteluctual honesty...
    She is in to be in the Narrative Spinning department, the intellectual standards required to do the job well are well outside the scope of anything the failed universities know.
    Winter IS Coming

  9. #9
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,325

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Trump’s transition team did not respond to Politico’s request for comment, but told CNN that its report on Crowley’s plagiarism was “nothing more than a politically motivated attack that seeks to distract from the real issues facing this country.”
    Trump National Security Staffer Monica Crowley Plagiarized PhD Dissertation

    I do not agree....she likely plagiarized and it does matter.

    For her in this job not much though.
    Winter IS Coming

  10. #10
    Stay Salty My Friends.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Korea
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    She is in to be in the Narrative Spinning department, the intellectual standards required to do the job well are well outside the scope of anything the failed universities know.
    And this makes intelectualI dishonesty okay because...
    The risk I took was calculated but man, am I bad at math.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •