Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

  1. #41
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    01-24-17 @ 06:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,016

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That's an entirely different question.
    OK. You're just blowing off the question:

    What would you, as an airline pilot, think if you saw his "clock" on your plane?

    The reason you're blowing it off is obvious: you'd have reacted exactly as the teachers you say "overreacted" did. You'd have seen it as an immediate safety concern and taken steps.

    Obviously. Any responsible pilot or flight crew would.

    You know that. That's why you won't answer.

    Poor show, Deuce. Poor show.
    If you feel a need to "reinterpret" the Constitution, you must know that what you want to do is unconstitutional.

  2. #42
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    14,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the criteria, then, is "has circuit boards?"

    Where's the explosive, or something that looks like an explosive?
    If you can't grasp the obvious then you are on your own. At least we are aware of your lack of knowledge about the subject of your statement. Thanks, I appreciate the verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  3. #43
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    02-15-17 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,044

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The way I remember the story this family has been on the scam.

    This has always been a D LIST story for me, so I have not been paying much attention.
    That's what I heard as well. Pretty sad. Personally, if they could prove it was an attempt to elicit a law suite for money, I'd love to see the parents held financially accountable for everything that was spent on this.

  4. #44
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What series of "look at me" stunts?
    Several news articles contained references suggesting that Clock Boy enjoyed attention at school. No, I am not going to spend time looking for them. Information regarding his father's apparent seeking of attention, however, is readily available.
    The Surprising Backstory Behind #IStandWithAhmed's 2-Time Sudanese Presidential Candidate Father OkayAfrica

    Sometimes apples don't fall far from the tree. I find the allegations about Clock Boy credible, you may not. Then again, I don't think the NASA T-shirt worn by clock boy is a coincidence either. Color me 'cynical'... .

    That aside, Clock Boy should not have been cuffed. Rather, he should have been told to put his "invention" back in the box.

  5. #45
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,436

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    To the untrained eye, it looked like a bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Ok, so they overreacted. That's nothing new. Why has this kid become the topic for national dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Famous last words, as they say.. The school appropriately reacted, closed case.

    Tim-

    You folks seem to be forgetting the facts.


    He brought it to his engineering teacher, who complimented it but told him to keep it in his backpack because he thought it looked vaguely like a bomb. He then plugged it in and set the time during English class, whereupon that teacher told him not to show it to anyone else for the same reason. The teacher later confiscated the clock, held onto it, and called the police. The police came and interrogated him about his intentions in bringing the clock to school, and the police determined he had no malicious intent. Other teachers expressed surprise on being interviewed because apparently the kid had a history of bringing such 'projects' in to school.



    So:

    1. It is a lie to claim the school thought it was a bomb. They knew it was a clock but were instead concerned about resemblance to a cartoon-watcher's idea of a bomb.

    2. If they had thought it was a bomb, then the teachers engaged in suicidally stupid behavior: The first let him keep it. The second let him keep it before confiscating it, and then just holding onto it. No students were evacuated. Not the best idea if you actually think you're holding a time bomb, is it?





    Think.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,544

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    You folks seem to be forgetting the facts.


    He brought it to his engineering teacher, who complimented it but told him to keep it in his backpack because he thought it looked vaguely like a bomb. He then plugged it in and set the time during English class, whereupon that teacher told him not to show it to anyone else for the same reason. The teacher later confiscated the clock, held onto it, and called the police. The police came and interrogated him about his intentions in bringing the clock to school, and the police determined he had no malicious intent. Other teachers expressed surprise on being interviewed because apparently the kid had a history of bringing such 'projects' in to school.



    So:

    1. It is a lie to claim the school thought it was a bomb. They knew it was a clock but were instead concerned about resemblance to a cartoon-watcher's idea of a bomb.

    2. If they had thought it was a bomb, then the teachers engaged in suicidally stupid behavior: The first let him keep it. The second let him keep it before confiscating it, and then just holding onto it. No students were evacuated. Not the best idea if you actually think you're holding a time bomb, is it?





    Think.
    Don't stop there. Finish the story.

  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,304

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Several news articles contained references suggesting that Clock Boy enjoyed attention at school. No, I am not going to spend time looking for them. Information regarding his father's apparent seeking of attention, however, is readily available.
    The Surprising Backstory Behind #IStandWithAhmed's 2-Time Sudanese Presidential Candidate Father OkayAfrica

    Sometimes apples don't fall far from the tree. I find the allegations about Clock Boy credible, you may not. Then again, I don't think the NASA T-shirt worn by clock boy is a coincidence either. Color me 'cynical'... .

    That aside, Clock Boy should not have been cuffed. Rather, he should have been told to put his "invention" back in the box.
    So.. your evidence of clock boy's attention seeking is his dad started businesses and ran for office?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  8. #48
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So.. your evidence of clock boy's attention seeking is his dad started businesses and ran for office?
    Yes, running for presidential office of country "X" while not being a resident of country "X" could indicate attention seeking. So might declaring ones self the president of a small religous group and then using a religous title with out apparently having the education that is commonly associated with it.

    Apparently, none of the other Islamic clergy in Dallas recognize his use of the Sheikh title. Likewise, though he has been asked not to even lead prayers anymore, he still uses the religous title. Yes, that could also indicate attention seeking.

    I know... there are lots of possible explanations for the above. You are probably inclined to accept them.

    And of course, there is no law preventing say my Mexican friend from announcing that she is running for the Mexican presidency from the United States while also using the title of bishop even though she no longer leads bible study in her home church. She, however, has not done any of these things. I wonder why.... .
    Last edited by Cryptic; 01-13-17 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,304

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Yes, running for presidential office of country "X" while not being a resident of country "X" could indicate attention seeking. So might declaring ones self the president of a small religous group and then using a religous title with out apparently having the education that is commonly associated with it.

    Apparently, none of the other Islamic clergy in Dallas recognize his use of the Sheikh title. Likewise, though he has been asked not to even lead prayers anymore, he still uses the religous title. Yes, that could also indicate attention seeking.

    I know... there are lots of possible explanations for the above. You are probably inclined to accept them.

    And of course, there is no law preventing say my Mexican friend from announcing that she is running for the Mexican presidency from the United States while also using the title of bishop even though she no longer leads bible study in her home church. She, however, has not done any of these things. I wonder why.... .
    These are all things the father did, not the son.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  10. #50
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    These are all things the father did, not the son.
    Sometimes apples don't fall far from trees as children can mimic their parent's behavior in many different ways. Given the father's pattern and statements that his son invents things to "benefit mankind", I think the references that the son is also fond of attention might accurate. The fact that the son just happens to be wearing a NASA T-shirt at the press conference reinforces it.

    You, however, seem to have a different conclusion. I cannot prove your conclusion wrong.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 01-13-17 at 03:58 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •