Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,660

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    Good, it was all a scam to begin with.

  2. #12
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    75,885

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The way I remember the story this family has been on the scam.

    This has always been a D LIST story for me, so I have not been paying much attention.
    His father is a known activist, and was looking for a way to make a splash and sue someone.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,165

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the criteria, then, is "has circuit boards?"

    Where's the explosive, or something that looks like an explosive?
    Teachers aren't explosive experts Clearly they were just showing an abundance of caution in this instance. Kids have been expelled for far less. Had he drawn a picture of a hand gun he likely would have received the same fate. And last I checked, drawings don't shoot people.

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,342

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Teachers aren't explosive experts Clearly they were just showing an abundance of caution in this instance. Kids have been expelled for far less. Had he drawn a picture of a hand gun he likely would have received the same fate. And last I checked, drawings don't shoot people.
    Can you find an example of a child being expelled for drawing a gun?

    Don't bring up pop-tart kid: he was suspended for repeatedly disrupting class even after other disciplinary actions.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,165

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Can you find an example of a child being expelled for drawing a gun?

    Don't bring up pop-tart kid: he was suspended for repeatedly disrupting class even after other disciplinary actions.
    I cant, but as a parent of school aged kids, I received notice from the school that a zero tolerance policy included violent drawings or depictions. But don't take my work for it, tell your kid to draw a picture of a handgun and carry it around with him at school. Tell me how long it is before your kid is sitting at home for a few days.

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,342

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I cant, but as a parent of school aged kids, I received notice from the school that a zero tolerance policy included violent drawings or depictions. But don't take my work for it, tell your kid to draw a picture of a handgun and carry it around with him at school. Tell me how long it is before your kid is sitting at home for a few days.
    So you agree, then, that zero tolerance policies are stupid and the school was overreacting.

  7. #17
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,128

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Hopefully they can put this whole ****ing thing to rest finally. This was an embarrassment. It was an embarrassment watching the leftists fawning over clock boy in the first place because they have to prove what wonderfully tolerant people they were. It was embarrassing watching the president and other ****ing morons inviting him to the white house and showering him with tech gifts because he is OH so inventive and they are OH so tolerant of Muslims.

    This whole ridiculous thing should have been a non-story. Jagoff son of a hactivist takes a working clock, puts it in a pencil case, gets mild response from teachers til his alarm went off (because apparently he is SUCH a ****ing genius he knew how to 'make' a clock but didnt know how to set the timer) and when the school finally gave the little **** the attention he was so desperately seeking, suddenly the typical leftists **** themselves and screamed racist! Islamophobe!!!! Aiiiiiiigh!!!!!

    Id say the family should go back to the middle east where they are sooooo much more tolerant...but they already tried that.

    Hopefully this will close this sad comic once and for all.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,165

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you agree, then, that zero tolerance policies are stupid and the school was overreacting.
    Yes, but I don't blame teachers who would discipline a child for bringing a replica of a time bomb into a school. You cant bring a replica of any weapon into a school. And that is reasonable.

  9. #19
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,493
    Blog Entries
    42

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So the criteria, then, is "has circuit boards?"

    Where's the explosive, or something that looks like an explosive?
    Where's the lawsuit?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #20
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,894

    Re: 'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you agree, then, that zero tolerance policies are stupid and the school was overreacting.
    I agree- they clearly over reacted.

    It is also worth noting that if a person(s) launches enough attention getting stunts, they run the risk that somebody will eventually over react to a particular stunt. And that is exactly what happened between "Clock Boy", his father and the school.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •