Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Le Pen to push for 'Frexit' if EU refuses to cede powers

  1. #1
    Educator Koke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    786

    Le Pen to push for 'Frexit' if EU refuses to cede powers

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/le-pen-pu...133007222.html

    France prepares for liberation as the Trump effect resonates worldwide. Deathknell of the EU?

    Please.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,746

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Koke View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/le-pen-pu...133007222.html

    France prepares for liberation as the Trump effect resonates worldwide. Deathknell of the EU?

    Please.
    "Liberation"?

    Hardly.

    A picture from back when Paris was actually liberated---from the forces of a far right regime.

    http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnew...35506.jpg?ve=1

  3. #3
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,356

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Koke View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/le-pen-pu...133007222.html

    France prepares for liberation as the Trump effect resonates worldwide. Deathknell of the EU?

    Please.
    She wants to exit the EU and negotiate to keep the Euro? Like a teenager wanting to move out of their parent's home while keeping the allowance.

    No, no Ms. Le Pen, vous devez reprendre le franc une fois que vous avez sorti de l'union.

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #4
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,342

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She wants to exit the EU and negotiate to keep the Euro? Like a teenager wanting to move out of their parent's home while keeping the allowance.

    No, no Ms. Le Pen, vous devez reprendre le franc une fois que vous avez sorti de l'union.

    Just like all the Brexit politicians, they wanted to leave the EU but keep all the benefits without having to pay for them.
    Days Since Last Trump Twitter Tantrum: 0

  5. #5
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,356

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Just like all the Brexit politicians, they wanted to leave the EU but keep all the benefits without having to pay for them.
    What's ironic about your post is that Canada's PQ party, one which, as you know advocates for the country of Quebec - supports practically the same idea in their separation 'struggle'. They want to leave Canada, but keep the CAD.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #6
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,342

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What's ironic about your post is that Canada's PQ party, one which, as you know advocates for the country of Quebec - supports practically the same idea in their separation 'struggle'. They want to leave Canada, but keep the CAD.
    Which is why they lost the referendum and the last election and it is now political poison to support it. Sadly Britain only realized how stupid it was after the referendum.
    Days Since Last Trump Twitter Tantrum: 0

  7. #7
    Temp Suspended

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,741

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Which is why they lost the referendum and the last election and it is now political poison to support it. Sadly Britain only realized how stupid it was after the referendum.
    I'm glad they called and told you.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,081

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Sounds like a smart move:

    A study on how citizens across Europe are feeling towards the EU and migrants has revealed that the French are among the most negative, while it's perhaps no surprise which nation is the most positive.
    The French, along with the Belgians, the Dutch and the Italians, harbour the most negative views of the European Union, according to the poll by Elabe, carried out for French news site Atlantico.
    French are 'even more anti-EU than the Brits' - The Local

    I dont think they will win, but then I am the same guy who on the evening of NOV 7 was found giving Trump a 10% chance, so what do I know....

    Winter IS Coming

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Le Pen to push for 'Frexit' if EU refuses to cede powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Koke View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/le-pen-pu...133007222.html

    France prepares for liberation as the Trump effect resonates worldwide. Deathknell of the EU?

    Please.
    I'd say that this isn't the Trump effect. The UK was the first down this road and Nigel Farage is the on that made that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    "Liberation"?

    Hardly.

    A picture from back when Paris was actually liberated---from the forces of a far right regime.

    http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnew...35506.jpg?ve=1
    Both would represent regaining their sovereignty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •