Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Le Pen to push for 'Frexit' if EU refuses to cede powers

  1. #11
    Sage Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She wants to exit the EU and negotiate to keep the Euro? Like a teenager wanting to move out of their parent's home while keeping the allowance.

    No, no Ms. Le Pen, vous devez reprendre le franc une fois que vous avez sorti de l'union.

    Not...it's called putting the EU back to what it was supposed to be, an economic zone. Either the EU will have to realize that and adjust or they will disintegrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  2. #12
    Sage Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Just like all the Brexit politicians, they wanted to leave the EU but keep all the benefits without having to pay for them.
    There is no benefits needed beyond a common economic zone, like it was supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,868

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    Not...it's called putting the EU back to what it was supposed to be, an economic zone. Either the EU will have to realize that and adjust or they will disintegrate.
    Nope, you don't get to keep the Euro once you leave the EU or keep the perks of being in the EU.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #14
    Sage Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Sounds like a smart move:

    French are 'even more anti-EU than the Brits' - The Local

    I dont think they will win, but then I am the same guy who on the evening of NOV 7 was found giving Trump a 10% chance, so what do I know....

    I'm guessing that probably has something to do with being sick of being subjected to multiple terrorist attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  5. #15
    Sage Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Nope, you don't get to keep the Euro once you leave the EU or keep the perks of being in the EU.
    Again, the EU will either have to go back to what they were originally intended to be or it will disintegrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,868

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    Again, the EU will either have to go back to what they were originally intended to be or it will disintegrate.
    I know what you're suggesting but it's not going to happen.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #17
    Sage Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I know what you're suggesting but it's not going to happen.
    Okie-dokie...keep believing that. I remember when the Brexit wasn't going to happen either, until it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    There is no such thing as right to life...for any stage of human life.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,868

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    Okie-dokie...keep believing that. I remember when the Brexit wasn't going to happen either, until it did.
    And now the British right has no idea what to do about what they never really had a plan for, a weaker pound, eroding pension funds, the EU telling the UK exactly what I am telling you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,735

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She wants to exit the EU and negotiate to keep the Euro? Like a teenager wanting to move out of their parent's home while keeping the allowance.

    No, no Ms. Le Pen, vous devez reprendre le franc une fois que vous avez sorti de l'union.

    I though allowances were larger after leaving home.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,735

    Re: France: Le Pen Begins to Maneuver for Frexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And now the British right has no idea what to do about what they never really had a plan for, a weaker pound, eroding pension funds, the EU telling the UK exactly what I am telling you.
    Yep. As so often in the past the Europeans seem about to cut their nises off to spite the faces of their populations, whom they dope with stupid populisms.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •