Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    "Say What". This don't make sense. The FBI releases a report of a threat by ISIS to a specific target in the US. Yet at the same time they are going to say the threat is anonymous and unsubstantiated. Yet local Authorities are on Alert. What say ye?


    The FBI has warned local authorities of a threat that Islamic State militants would blow up the Memphis & Arkansas Bridge spanning the Mississippi River, an agency spokesman said on Tuesday.

    "This is an unsubstantiated, anonymous threat," he said, adding that there was no useful intelligence arising from it.

    The television station quoted the FBI warning as saying that according to an anonymous tipster, Islamic State had instructed a person in Memphis "to blow up the Memphis-Arkansas bridge on an unknown date, activating ISIS terror cells in the United States.".....snip~

    FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River bridge

  2. #2
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    You'd think they would go for something a bit more terrible than causing a localized holiday transportation nightmare.;-)
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You'd think they would go for something a bit more terrible than causing a localized holiday transportation nightmare.;-)
    Mornin' WCH. It appears it is more than just one Bridge. This one spans I-40.





    The FBI on Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014, asked law officers assigned to areas around the Mississippi River bridges at Memphis to help keep an eye on the spans after a vague threat came in warning of an attack.....snip~


    FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River bridge

  4. #4
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' WCH. It appears it is more than just one Bridge. This one spans I-40.





    The FBI on Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014, asked law officers assigned to areas around the Mississippi River bridges at Memphis to help keep an eye on the spans after a vague threat came in warning of an attack.....snip~


    FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River bridge
    I remember a bridge collapse a few year back that reminded me of what this could cause.

    CNN.com - Death toll rises to 13 in bridge collapse - May 28, 2002
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #5
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    "Say What". This don't make sense. The FBI releases a report of a threat by ISIS to a specific target in the US. Yet at the same time they are going to say the threat is anonymous and unsubstantiated. Yet local Authorities are on Alert. What say ye?


    The FBI has warned local authorities of a threat that Islamic State militants would blow up the Memphis & Arkansas Bridge spanning the Mississippi River, an agency spokesman said on Tuesday.

    "This is an unsubstantiated, anonymous threat," he said, adding that there was no useful intelligence arising from it.

    The television station quoted the FBI warning as saying that according to an anonymous tipster, Islamic State had instructed a person in Memphis "to blow up the Memphis-Arkansas bridge on an unknown date, activating ISIS terror cells in the United States.".....snip~

    FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River bridge
    If you call in an anonymous report that I am going tho throw a water balloon at Jon Stewart, you have a specific target that is both anonymous and unsubstantiated. Whether or not the police then have Jon wear a raincoat just in case is a matter of discretion.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I remember a bridge collapse a few year back that reminded me of what this could cause.

    CNN.com - Death toll rises to 13 in bridge collapse - May 28, 2002
    Looks like Tennessee and Arkansas Police will be posted around some bridges, huh? All on Christmas Eve.

    Note how while we take Holiday.....the World still turns.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    If you call in an anonymous report that I am going tho throw a water balloon at Jon Stewart, you have a specific target that is both anonymous and unsubstantiated. Whether or not the police then have Jon wear a raincoat just in case is a matter of discretion.
    It appears to be taken serious enough to alert local authorities and have them get people out there. What also was interesting to Note, was the mention of Activating up Sleeper Cells here in the US.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It appears to be taken serious enough to alert local authorities and have them get people out there. What also was interesting to Note, was the mention of Activating up Sleeper Cells here in the US.
    If they have a threat and don't take it seriously and something happens, it is a political nightmare like when the FBI did nothing to stop the Boston Bombers despite having been warned about the older brother by Russia.

  9. #9
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    I've given up on understanding government warnings on specific targets based on "anonymous and unsubstantiated" sources. Seems like a ploy to suggest one target, while really going after something else.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: FBI warns of Islamic State threat to Mississippi River Bridge.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    I've given up on understanding government warnings on specific targets based on "anonymous and unsubstantiated" sources. Seems like a ploy to suggest one target, while really going after something else.
    Well when they raise the threat level all the way around.....most don't pay attention anyways. But this is the first I heard of going into the South and into the Heartland and not being any Major City.

    Wonder if they will start talking like North Korea does and how they will hit our infrastructure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •