Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

  1. #11
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't think there's such thing as being "fully prepared for a nuclear terrorist attack."
    Your probably right but we can be a hell of a lot better prepared then we are.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your probably right but we can be a hell of a lot better prepared then we are.
    CON quibbling at it's best... about the only thing for sure is we probably could spend a hell of a lot more money with little if any assurance it will make us better prepared.... what do you suggest a few more FEMA 'coffins' stockpiled around the country?

  3. #13
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Ditto what Kobie said. Furthermore this is an incredibly unlikely scenario.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    CON quibbling at it's best... about the only thing for sure is we probably could spend a hell of a lot more money with little if any assurance it will make us better prepared.... what do you suggest a few more FEMA 'coffins' stockpiled around the country?
    I suggest however much money it takes to keep up safe go for it..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #15
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Ditto what Kobie said. Furthermore this is an incredibly unlikely scenario.
    So was 9/11......You Libs need to get your head out of the sand........Its just a matter of time until we get hit again although I believe it will be much worse this time unless some of you lefties wake up and smell the roses.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #16
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't think there's such thing as being "fully prepared for a nuclear terrorist attack."
    My thinking exactly. It's far too huge an event with far too huge an impact to effectively be 'fully' prepared for.

    A risk calculation needs to be made for this sort of thing. First part, is the chance of such a thing happening, the other is the impact should it happen, and then also the cost of 'fully' preparing for an effective response.

    In this case, the chances are pretty low, the impact is very high, and the cost for being fully prepared is very, very high. So much so, that you can't really afford to fully be prepared, and the money that would be spent being fully prepared, is far better spent on making sure it doesn't happen.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  7. #17
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So was 9/11......You Libs need to get your head out of the sand........Its just a matter of time until we get hit again although I believe it will be much worse this time unless some of you lefties wake up and smell the roses.
    With the brief analysis above, I believe that the better spend is to prevent it from happening, rather than being fully prepared to clean up such a huge mess. In the process of preventing, a good deal of other things will be cleaned up as well. Being fully prepared, not so much.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    With the brief analysis above, I believe that the better spend is to prevent it from happening, rather than being fully prepared to clean up such a huge mess. In the process of preventing, a good deal of other things will be cleaned up as well. Being fully prepared, not so much.
    Sure. Just let me know which magical device you'd like to spend money on that makes us immune to terrorism.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sure. Just let me know which magical device you'd like to spend money on that makes us immune to terrorism.
    There is no magical device. Pretty much what the US is going now. Gather intel, follow leads, secure borders and ports, inspect shipping, etc. resulting in preventing terrorists from buying / building an explosive nuclear device (dirty or not), and intercepting it before it arrives on shore.

    It's about all that can be done at this point, all still within the letter of the law.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: US not fully prepared for nuclear terrorist attack

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    There is no magical device. Pretty much what the US is going now. Gather intel, follow leads, secure borders and ports, inspect shipping, etc. resulting in preventing terrorists from buying / building an explosive nuclear device (dirty or not), and intercepting it before it arrives on shore.

    It's about all that can be done at this point, all still within the letter of the law.
    Well, except that torture part.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •