Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 248

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Castro

  1. #81
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,867

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats nice. Castro is still crap.
    And nobody's saying he ISN'T crap. Of course he is. He's an authoritarian dickhead.

    50-plus years of basically isolating Cuba from its closest neighbor has done nothing to untrench the Castro regime.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah, he's been caught making quite a few things up but this has to be the silliest. The only Cuban he has ever seen is Desi Arnaz.
    I love Cubans-very warm people, great music, great families. Her spanish has a distinct accent, when she talks to other local hispanics (mostly Mexican here in so cal) they think she has a very proper dialect. Cuban women are my favorite.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Neither does Saudi Arabia, and I don't see you clamoring to disassociate the U.S. with THOSE assholes.
    At least the Saudi's serve our interests in the region.

  4. #84
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,867

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    At least the Saudi's serve our interests in the region.
    They do? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    The Saudis are bigger state sponsors of terrorism than IRAN. Yeah, they "serve our interests."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    They do? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    The Saudis are bigger state sponsors of terrorism than IRAN. Yeah, they "serve our interests."
    Kobie, Iran is the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism. And yes, they do-as unsavory as they are.

  6. #86
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,867

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    So now the argument against Cuba is it doesn't "serve our interests." Well, for the last 50 years, they haven't had the opportunity to. We've had them by the shorties for a half-century, and for 20+ years of that (after they were no longer a Soviet puppet state), it's been for no reason other than retribution.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I know the culture to an extent. Never been there. But they dont have freedom of speech nor freedom of the press-the commie dictator decides what that is.
    Irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with accepting what Castro says as gospel. You've obviously never been around someone who has been to Cuba in the last 20 years. However, as I've actually been in the country numerous times in the past 3 years alone, I'm more than willing to educate you:

    Cuba has a large black market for news. Government workers with access to the internet rent out their user IDs to friends/relatives. Through those connections, the average Cuban is pretty informed on what is happening in terms of US/Cuban relations. More importantly, with the growth of black market satellite business, a large percentage of Cubans pay 5-10 dollars a month to watch quite a few networks (CNN Español/BBC) and the news are relayed to the rest of the population. It's the reason why you can go to Cuba today, and find many young people criticizing the government out in public.

    As I said, you're woefully ignorant of this subject, I suggest you sit this one out before you make yourself look even more uninformed.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with accepting what Castro says as gospel. You've obviously never been around someone who has been to Cuba in the last 20 years. However, as I've actually been in the country numerous times in the past 3 years alone, I'm more than willing to educate you:

    Cuba has a large black market for news. Government workers with access to the internet rent out their user IDs to friends/relatives. Through those connections, the average Cuban is pretty informed on what is happening in terms of US/Cuban relations. More importantly, with the growth of black market satellite business, a large percentage of Cubans pay 5-10 dollars a month to watch quite a few networks (CNN Español/BBC) and the news are relayed to the rest of the population. It's the reason why you can go to Cuba today, and find many young people criticizing the government out in public.

    As I said, you're woefully ignorant of this subject, I suggest you sit this one out before you make yourself look even more uninformed.
    Cool story. Tell us more about how nice Cuba is under Castro.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I love Cubans-very warm people, great music, great families. Her spanish has a distinct accent, when she talks to other local hispanics (mostly Mexican here in so cal) they think she has a very proper dialect. Cuban women are my favorite.
    Next you'll tell us they dance salsa and eat beans!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,867

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kobie, Iran is the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism. And yes, they do-as unsavory as they are.
    Sure it is.

    WikiLeaks cables portray Saudi Arabia as a cash machine for terrorists | World news | The Guardian

    Saudi Arabia is the world's largest source of funds for Islamist militant groups such as the Afghan Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba – but the Saudi government is reluctant to stem the flow of money, according to Hillary Clinton.

    "More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qaida, the Taliban, LeT and other terrorist groups," says a secret December 2009 paper signed by the US secretary of state. Her memo urged US diplomats to redouble their efforts to stop Gulf money reaching extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

    "Donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide," she said.

    Three other Arab countries are listed as sources of militant money: Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.
    U.S. State Department.

    Iran is a ****show, but I bet dollars to donuts Saudi Arabia is funneling more money to these dirtbags than you would ever know.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •