Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 248

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Castro

  1. #61
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Ive never been a registered Republican, Kobie. But truth is truth. Put on Young Turks, you will feel better.
    Not a republican? oh. say, aren't you the one who critiqued liberal republicans a few days ago?

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Not a republican? oh. say, aren't you the one who critiqued liberal republicans a few days ago?
    Im not. Never have been. I critique liberal and moderate republicans all the time.

  3. #63
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Theres plenty of ways, he just gave a commie dictator plenty of ammo. You may like that, but well-you are also an Obama fan.
    Ammo to do WHAT.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Ammo to do WHAT.
    It's funny isn't it? Castro's "ammo" now consists of what? Telling Cubans that the US wants to open negotiations? Telling his people that communism has triumphed over capitalism? It's almost like he thinks that after 50 years of living in abject poverty, Cubans would actually believe that communism has beaten capitalism. I bet he thinks Castro is a powerful world leader. Remember, US Conservative is the same guy who swears that Putin was making Obama look bad. Currently, Russia's currency is worth a 3rd of what it was a year ago, and he's all quiet. For a guy who spent like 15 years in university, he doesn't have much of a grasp on world politics.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-20-14 at 06:19 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #65
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im not. Never have been. I critique liberal and moderate republicans all the time.
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Liberal | Moderate republicans? aren't most R's right of center? some really far right?

    and some, really, really, really for right, sometimes off the cliff.

  6. #66
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's funny isn't it? Castro's "ammo" now consists of what? Telling Cubans that the US wants to open negotiations? Telling his people that communism has triumphed over capitalism? It's almost like he thinks that after 50 years of living in abject poverty, Cubans would actually believe that communism has beaten capitalism. I bet he thinks Castro is a powerful world leader. Remember, US Conservative is the same guy who swears that Putin, the guy who is bankrupting Russia is a "powerful" leader even though he has destroyed his country's economy. For a guy who spent like 15 years in university, he doesn't have much of a grasp on world politics.
    These guys are acting like Cuba is North Korea. It's laughable, the mental gymnastics these fellas will put themselves through.

    https://cri.fiu.edu/research/cuba-po...-cuba-poll.pdf

    Even a slight majority of the Cuban-American population in Miami-Dade, the single most influential voting bloc in the entire U.S., opposes continuing the embargo of Cuba.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Telling his people that communism has triumphed over capitalism?
    It doesn't matter what his people think-he will tell them what to think.

  8. #68
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It doesn't matter what his people think-he will tell them what to think.
    Or WHAT.

    It's plainly obvious that you know NOTHING about Cuba.

    You claim to be a student of history. The opening of the USSR to western culture is what precipitated its downfall, yet you are opposing the same for Cuba, for what reason? Cold War grudge?

    Oh. I know why. Because it's Obama.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Liberal | Moderate republicans? aren't most R's right of center? some really far right?

    and some, really, really, really for right, sometimes off the cliff.
    Most of the liberals are northeastern. There are plenty of moderates-too many and that includes Mitch McConnell.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Or WHAT.

    It's plainly obvious that you know NOTHING about Cuba.
    I know a bit about Cuba. Dated a Cuban girl for years and got to hear from her parents what life was life there. One got out through a monastery and the other came here by going to Spain for a medical problem with his eye.

    I mean substantive info, Kobie-not what you read in New Yorker.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •