Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 248

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Castro

  1. #31
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    No need to get all drama llama. Sometime you need correcting, like after the elections last month.
    Reagan Apologized to Thatcher for Grenada Invasion

    Charlotte Alter @charlottealter

    Nov. 10, 2014
    Margaret Thatcher Meets With Ronald Reagan In London In 1978 Margaret Thatcher the Head Of The British Conservative Party meets with President Ronald Reagan at The Chamber Of Communes In London on Nov. 28, 1978. Gamma-Keystone/Getty Images
    According to a newly published phone conversation between the leaders


    Ronald Reagan apologized to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher for invading Grenada in 1983 without consulting her, according to a newly published conversation between the world leaders.

    “I’m sorry for any embarrassment that we caused you,”
    Ronald Reagan Apologized to Margaret Thatcher for Grenada Invasion






    Why did Reagan apologize to the SS?

    The New York Post accused President Obama of implicitly apologizing for the Hiroshima bombing by sending the U.S. ambassador to Japan to an event memorializing the world's first atomic bomb attack. But by this standard, President Ronald Reagan apologized to the SS when he laid a wreath at a cemetery in Bitburg, Germany, where SS members were buried.

    The Times reported that, after commemorating the dead at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, Reagan visited the Kolmeshohe Cemetery at Bitburg. He also visited a U.S. air base and said: "We who were enemies are now friends. ... We who were bitter adversaries are now the strongest of allies. ... In the place of fear we have sown trust, and out of the ruins of war has blossomed an enduring peace."
    Why did Reagan apologize to the SS? | Blog | Media Matters for America


    I don't remember Reagan (your avatar) apologizing for signing into law the legalization of abortion in California, resulting in millions of abortions...


    Bread and circuses.
    Last edited by beefheart; 12-20-14 at 02:27 AM.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Reagan Apologized to Thatcher for Grenada Invasion

    Charlotte Alter @charlottealter

    Nov. 10, 2014
    Margaret Thatcher Meets With Ronald Reagan In London In 1978 Margaret Thatcher the Head Of The British Conservative Party meets with President Ronald Reagan at The Chamber Of Communes In London on Nov. 28, 1978. Gamma-Keystone/Getty Images
    According to a newly published phone conversation between the leaders


    Ronald Reagan apologized to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher for invading Grenada in 1983 without consulting her, according to a newly published conversation between the world leaders.

    “I’m sorry for any embarrassment that we caused you,”
    Ronald Reagan Apologized to Margaret Thatcher for Grenada Invasion






    Why did Reagan apologize to the SS?

    The New York Post accused President Obama of implicitly apologizing for the Hiroshima bombing by sending the U.S. ambassador to Japan to an event memorializing the world's first atomic bomb attack. But by this standard, President Ronald Reagan apologized to the SS when he laid a wreath at a cemetery in Bitburg, Germany, where SS members were buried.

    The Times reported that, after commemorating the dead at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, Reagan visited the Kolmeshohe Cemetery at Bitburg. He also visited a U.S. air base and said: "We who were enemies are now friends. ... We who were bitter adversaries are now the strongest of allies. ... In the place of fear we have sown trust, and out of the ruins of war has blossomed an enduring peace."
    Why did Reagan apologize to the SS? | Blog | Media Matters for America


    I don't remember Reagan (your avatar) apologizing for signing into law the legalization of abortion in California, resulting in millions of abortions...


    Bread and circuses.
    Reagan owned Castro. Not so with Obama.

  3. #33
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Oh, wait, did I take that out of context?


    BTW, Castro outlived Reagan. LOL
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #34
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Oh, wait, did I take that out of context?


    BTW, Castro outlived Reagan. LOL
    He outlived a lot of people.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #35
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    He outlived a lot of people.
    Reagan did nothing to stop, or slow Castro, same same with Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Carter, Bush, Bush, Clinton...
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #36
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Reagan did nothing to stop, or slow Castro, same same with Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Carter, Bush, Bush, Clinton...
    I dunno about that ... Castro was effectively neutered in matters not on his own shores.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    OP ==== trash.

  8. #38
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Because he's all "showy", right?
    you should see him tap dance
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  9. #39
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    you should see him tap dance
    Well, being flashy, grabbing all the attention, bragging and showing off are natural for him. It's all he does.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,424

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, being flashy, grabbing all the attention, bragging and showing off are natural for him. It's all he does.
    It is important to be good at what you do.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •