Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 248

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Castro

  1. #201
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Somewhere, somehow-he's bowing to North Korea right now, no doubt.
    image.jpg
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, you have been destroyed throughout the entire thread and you think my knowledge is self hype? How does Marco Rubio have access to intel on Cuba's military without being on any intelligence committee? It's funny because you keep saying he knows more than I do, but you can't really show how or why. I'm starting to believe that your opinion on Cubans being told what to think is a projection of your own political stances. You need a GOP bottom feeder like Rubio to tell you what to think so you think other people do too.
    Yeah he's a Cuban-American senator who serves on the senate foreign relations committee, Subcommittee on International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy and Global Women's Issues, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs, and Select Committee on Intelligence. I'd guess he knows a thing or two. You on the other hand say you know someone who's Cuban.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yeah he's a Cuban-American senator
    Who wasn't born in Cuba, has never been to Cuba or for that matter held any relations with any office in Cuba. Strike #1.

    who serves on the senate foreign relations committee,
    It's almost like you don't know what this. I'll give you a clue, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee advises on policy, not intelligence. Strike #2.

    Subcommittee on International Operations and Organizations,
    They deal with Human Rights, not military capabilities. Strike #3!

    Human Rights,
    Still has nothing to do with military intelligence. Strike #4!

    Democracy and Global Women's Issues, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs, and Select Committee on Intelligence.
    Here is a clue, not a single one of those committees would have a single page on Cuba's military capabilities, because for the 3rd or 4th time: Cuba doesn't release those numbers. As such, there isn't a single person within the US who knows exactly how much Cuba spends on its military. There aren't foreign organizations with access to such information. There aren't even public reports for them. Estimates? Tons of them. However, they range from 70 to 100 million.

    I'd guess he knows a thing or two.
    You'd guess wrong as you have no idea what any of those committees actually do.

    You on the other hand say you know someone who's Cuban.
    Lmao, I've not been to Cuba and I've been married to a Cuban for the better part of 10 years. I didn't have to make that up like your silly "salsa dancing" friend. Not only have I actually been to Cuba more times than Marco Rubio (which isn't hard, as my daughter has been more times than Rubio and she's only been once), I've held conversations with Cuban soldiers about the country's capabilities. I have first hand accounts of Cuba's military capabilities (and they're pretty terrible - no fuel for vehicles, weapons from the 50s, low food rations, low morale, 20-30 operational jet fighters in total, etc) and Marco Rubio has never set foot in Cuba. However, he's such an expert on this matter that he can assert that they they somehow spend 2 billion dollars per year? Planes from the 60s?

    As I stated, he doesn't know what he's talking about. What I find funny is that your argument now hinges on two things. First, that he's Cuban, which doesn't really mean anything considering you're an American and are woefully ignorant of American politics. So being from a country doesn't mean a person knows more than other people not born there.

    Secondly, your argument hinges on the fact that that he's a senator. Which is irrelevant because it doesn't give him access to an intelligence which doesn't exist outside of the US. More importantly, it's a fallacious belief that his position grants him knowledge. As he's already demonstrating he simply makes up claims (like how much Cuba spends on its military), he's either woefully ignorant (like yourself), has access to information that nobody outside of Cuba has, or he's making it up. The third choice is the most plausible, unless of course you can show us where he'd get information known to only 6 people in Cuba.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-21-14 at 03:43 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Who wasn't born in Cuba, has never been to Cuba or for that matter held any relations with any office in Cuba. Strike #1.



    It's almost like you don't know what this. I'll give you a clue, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee advises on policy, not intelligence. Strike #2.



    They deal with Human Rights, not military capabilities. Strike #3!



    Still has nothing to do with military intelligence. Strike #4!



    Here is a clue, not a single one of those committees would have a single page on Cuba's military capabilities, because for the 3rd or 4th time: Cuba doesn't release those numbers. As such, there isn't a single person within the US who knows exactly how much Cuba spends on its military. There aren't foreign organizations with access to such information. There aren't even public reports for them. Estimates? Tons of them. However, they range from 70 to 100 million.



    You'd guess wrong as you have no idea what any of those committees actually do.



    Lmao, I've not been to Cuba and I've been married to a Cuban for the better part of 10 years. I didn't have to make that up like your silly "salsa dancing" friend. Not only have I actually been to Cuba more times than Marco Rubio (which isn't hard, as my daughter has been more times than Rubio and she's only been once), I've held conversations with Cuban soldiers about the country's capabilities. I have first hand accounts of Cuba's military capabilities (and they're pretty terrible - no fuel for vehicles, weapons from the 50s, low food rations, low morale, 25 operational jet fighters in total, etc) and Marco Rubio has never set foot in Cuba. As I stated, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    My point was he gets better info than you, and on much more than just Cuba's military. But hey, you have been married to a Cuban woman for under a decade so you know better.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    My point was he gets better info than you
    You still don't get it? I'll make it simple for you: He can't get information which doesn't exist.

    , and on much more than just Cuba's military. But hey, you have been married to a Cuban woman for under a decade so you know better.
    Is that all you took from my statement? Good, I didn't want you to actually do any thinking. Last question: How did Mark Rubio get information which doesn't exist?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still don't get it? I'll make it simple for you: He can't get information which doesn't exist.



    Is that all you took from my statement? Good, I didn't want you to actually do any thinking. Last question: How did Mark Rubio get information which doesn't exist?
    You keep making assertions you can't back. And you think others are to believe you-why? Because you say so.

    Tell us all about it, guy.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You keep making assertions you can't back.
    Lmao, here, I'll give you a chance, how are Cuba's military expenditures calculated? Last chance to not look really bad for taking the 3 minutes it takes to look up how Rubio came up with the numbers he'll swear by.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #208
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative
    ....


    Military expenditure (% of central government expenditure) | Data | Table


    Military expenditure (% of central government expenditure)

    Military expenditures data from SIPRI are derived from the NATO definition, which includes all current and capital expenditures on the armed forces, including peacekeeping forces; defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects; paramilitary forces, if these are judged to be trained and equipped for military operations; and military space activities. Such expenditures include military and civil personnel, including retirement pensions of military personnel and social services for personnel; operation and maintenance; procurement; military research and development; and military aid (in the military expenditures of the donor country). Excluded are civil defense and current expenditures for previous military activities, such as for veterans' benefits, demobilization, conversion, and destruction of weapons. This definition cannot be applied for all countries, however, since that would require much more detailed information than is available about what is included in military budgets and off-budget military expenditure items. (For example, military budgets might or might not cover civil defense, reserves and auxiliary forces, police and paramilitary forces, dual-purpose forces such as military and civilian police, military grants in kind, pensions for military personnel, and social security contributions paid by one part of government to another.)
    Attachment 67177575

    Okay, so let's start with military expenditure. Apparently, Marco Rubio now knows something the World Bank doesn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #209
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative
    ....
    He knows more than think tanks dedicated to studying Cuba:

    http://www.ascecuba.org/c/wp-content...rlopez.fm_.pdf

    There is virtually no information on what is meant
    by “defense and internal order” in Cuban budget statistics.

    For example, Law No. 29, the budget law
    passed in 1980, does not throw any light on the components
    of this budget category (“Ley No. 29”
    1980).
    Estimates of Cuban ME are available from three external
    organizations: 1) USACDA; 2) SIPRI; and 3)
    IISS. Because of the way the estimates are compiled
    and presented, it is not possible to develop continuous
    time series from the IISS estimates.
    The examination of patterns of Cuban ME are hampered
    by the lack of adequate data. Official ME are
    scarce and those that are available are subject to numerous
    questions and uncertainties.
    The same is the
    case for estimates of ME made by external organizations.
    TL/DR Version: Cuba self reports however it wants, doesn't actually have any clear or reliable reports on military spending, doesn't report its figures to outside sources, everyone estimates what they may or may not spend. It's starting to look really bad for you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #210
    Guru

    Sandokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angels, USA
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,727

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You keep making assertions you can't back. And you think others are to believe you-why? Because you say so.

    Tell us all about it, guy.
    Cuban Gov. to Keep 92% of Worker Salaries
    Cuban Gov. to Keep 92% of Worker Salaries - Havana Times.org

    By Circles Robinson
    December 16, 2014

    Press-conference.jpg
    Vice minister of Labor and Social Security Samira Marin (c) and other officials at a press conference. Foto Yami Ravelo/granma.cu

    HAVANA TIMES — Cubans working for firms with foreign capital on the island received a bucket of cold water Tuesday when a NEW resolution published in the official Gazette fixes their salaries at only 8% of what the joint venture or foreign companies must pay the government in hard currency for their services.

    The announcement published by Granma daily quotes Vice-minister of Labor and SOCIAL SECURITY , Zamira Marín Triana, as saying the new wage involves a “significant increase” for workers.

    Ever since the government announced in October that prospective employees of foreign companies at the Mariel Special Development Zone would be receiving nearly 40% of their real wages before taxes, workers of companies operating with foreign capital on the rest of the island were expecting to receive a higher cut of the wage paid by their employers to the State.

    It is the custom in Cuba that if a foreign firm wants its employees to be productive they must pay them an additional amount of hard currency under the table, since the amount they officially receive after the government takes the lion’s share is not a living wage.
    What is the first impact of Obama speech about restoration of full diplomatic relation with the Castroit tyrannical regime? That does Cubans working for foreign firms had their salaries fix at 8% of what those companies pay the regime, which is pocketing 92% of the workers’ salaries in the so call “workers’ paradise.”

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •